Sign in to follow this  
phocus26

Speed-leveling Resources

Curious if anyone knows of some good documentation for reaching 60 with a low /played time.  Preferably Alliance.

Thanks!

-Prisom

Vanilla Guide addon adds for both sides, Joanna's for horde and Brian Kopp's for alliance. It's pretty straight forward and gives you options to hotkey next/previous step buttons so you don't have to click the next button.

An issue you will find on a fresh server (if that is where you are going) those don't work as well as due to over population of zones.  Should apply just fine for the existing server.

Want a leveling guide for a new server?

Learn the respawn locations of mobs, and make a mental note of when the mob from that spawn died.   If others start watching you and getting the hang of it/standing on top of you, stand in an incorrect area to throw them off.  Have your best mob tagging ability as your easiest spamming button to get to.

After seeing 1 or 2 rotations of respawns, you should know where a healthy 10-13 mobs spawn and when and can mob tag them as they are appearing on the screen before others can.

Once you get out of the newbie area, find a corner of the map that doesn't have a lot of traffic and grind.  Grind.   Oh, and grind.   These leveling suggestion quest will have a huge amount of people following the same guide and overcrowd what would be effective causing it to waste your time.

An issue you will find on a fresh server (if that is where you are going) those don't work as well as due to over population of zones.  Should apply just fine for the existing server.

Want a leveling guide for a new server?

Learn the respawn locations of mobs, and make a mental note of when the mob from that spawn died.   If others start watching you and getting the hang of it/standing on top of you, stand in an incorrect area to throw them off.  Have your best mob tagging ability as your easiest spamming button to get to.

After seeing 1 or 2 rotations of respawns, you should know where a healthy 10-13 mobs spawn and when and can mob tag them as they are appearing on the screen before others can.

Once you get out of the newbie area, find a corner of the map that doesn't have a lot of traffic and grind.  Grind.   Oh, and grind.   These leveling suggestion quest will have a huge amount of people following the same guide and overcrowd what would be effective causing it to waste your time.

Oh I completely agree. That's going to be my mindset, get a couple levels then go grind somewhere, where you can easily farm over and over again. Yes, it will be a bit mindless, but if you prepare yourself, get yourself food/drink etc.. in game and out of game, you will do just fine and outlevel a good majority then can start picking up quests etc..

I have followed some of Kripparian's speed leveling work and that's something that he talked about - just grinding to get the highest amount of exp per hour as possible to break away from the pack in the over-crowded starting zones and then going back to a more normal leveling strategy once you move on... which sucks as a hunter because hunters are SUPER weak 1-10.

I have followed some of Kripparian's speed leveling work and that's something that he talked about - just grinding to get the highest amount of exp per hour as possible to break away from the pack in the over-crowded starting zones and then going back to a more normal leveling strategy once you move on... which sucks as a hunter because hunters are SUPER weak 1-10.

I think the best way to donit honestly is juat get a gathering profession and just go away from starting area and grind grind grind and then follow that up qith aelling all the items you can on the AH  

Why speed level through the content? Raid logging that much fun? :P In all seriousness, though. don't rush it, even if you want to be competitive, speed leveling can cause quite the burnout and, server first or not, it's meant to be fun in the end.

(This is all secretly a ploy to make people take their sweet time leveling so I can be server first, muhuhahahahaha! :D)

Why speed level through the content? Raid logging that much fun? :P In all seriousness, though. don't rush it, even if you want to be competitive, speed leveling can cause quite the burnout and, server first or not, it's meant to be fun in the end.

(This is all secretly a ploy to make people take their sweet time leveling so I can be server first, muhuhahahahaha! :D)

Not really speed running, probably best ways to get ahead of the pack or away from it so you and 5000 other people aren't fighting over the same mobs as there's going to be so many people fighting over the same mobs in the same zones for probably the first few weeks of the server launch

Edited by Shaylin

Not really speed running, probably best ways to get ahead of the pack or away from it so you and 5000 other people aren't fighting over the same mobs as there's going to be so many people fighting over the same mobs in the same zones for probably the first few weeks of the server launch

To be fair tons of quests are easy to complete in groups and the time you end up losing on the contested ones (collection quests, lootable items with respawn timers, etc) tends to even out. 

I followed the grinding strategy on both Nost PVP and PVE, and it worked well.
​Grind from 1-45/50ish, and quest from 50-60. Especially useful in the beginning, as you can go grind on non-quest objective mobs.
​Keep a log of mobs people avoid during your first leveling experience, to know where/when to go.

​Pros:
​1) You get to watch a hell of a lot of your favorite TV shows or listen to podcasts
​2) You will easily earn the required amount of gold for your mount, and gear as you level (be smart with professions)
​3) You'll get to 60 faster and have a sense of when you'll hit 60

​Cons:
1) Can be a bit of a drag, and can be very boring
​2) You might burn out

I'd suggest to anyone trying to level(or doing any quests really)  to get the addon questie. it shows where you can pick up quests for your level  + shows where to find all items needed for your quest. I'd class it as the best addon for people below 60