Aero

[Addon] Questie ~ A Vanilla Quest Helper

1 hour ago, Guardian452 said:

Is that 3.70 or 3.69?

Did you review your Questie settings?

If it's 3.70... hit the icon by the mini-map to bring up the settings panel. There are slider bars in the lower left to adjust the min/max quest levels shown.

If it's 3.69... you'll have to use the slash commands in the chat bar.

6.69 because 3.70 didn't work at all for me. It wasn't giving me any quest locations/where to find the mobs only tracking.

12 hours ago, Discodolphin said:

I was using a random old version I found in a package and just recently updated to the newest non-beta version.

Everything is working great, but one thing is worse than before. It's not showing all/only a few avaliable quests on the minimap. Is there any way to fix this?

I'd have to guess here, but since you are upgrading from a very old version, the database of finished quests that Questie stores internally might have not been properly ported, because the directories they were stored in have changed (see below). This would mean Questie doesn't know which quests you have already finished, and therefore it can not show you those quests, which require other quests to be finished first. To remedy this would be kind of tricky, but if you want to try you can contact me on our Discord server.

11 hours ago, Discodolphin said:

3.69 because 3.70 didn't work at all for me. It wasn't giving me any quest locations/where to find the mobs only tracking.

Is there maybe a directory named Questie and one named !Questie in your addon directory? If so, delete the one without an exclamation mark. Both v3.69 and v3.7 use the !Questie directory. (related bug report)

P.S.: Feedback on this issue would be very much appreciated.

10 hours ago, Muehe said:

I'd have to guess here, but since you are upgrading from a very old version, the database of finished quests that Questie stores internally might have not been properly ported, because the directories they were stored in have changed (see below). This would mean Questie doesn't know which quests you have already finished, and therefore it can not show you those quests, which require other quests to be finished first. To remedy this would be kind of tricky, but if you want to try you can contact me on our Discord server.

Is there maybe a directory named Questie and one named !Questie in your addon directory? If so, delete the one without an exclamation mark. Both v3.69 and v3.7 use the !Questie directory. (related bug report)

P.S.: Feedback on this issue would be very much appreciated.

So after looking at your reponse, I just decided to try 3.7 again, and it turned out to work flawlessly while also fixing the old issue my 3.69 version had of not showing certain avaliable quests.

Not sure what happened, because when 3.7 wasn't working, it was definitely loaded, since I had to settings options and the minimap icon there, but just no quest tracking or anything. Maybe changing from 3.69 to 3.7 turned out to make it work, than changing from x.xx old version to 3.7.

Not sure. However I appreciate you taking the time to respond!

Hi mates - only viable with englisch client or? - tryd this yesterday with a german client and nothing happens

On 12/8/2017 at 4:13 AM, Garthim said:

Keep getting this annoying error

https://imgur.com/a/SJ4u4

I get this too everytime I enter a dungeon. Can't click it away regardless how many times I click "Okay". I have to exit the game and remove the Questie folder from the interface folder before I enter any dungeon. Really annoying.

If I download the latest version, it tells me the addon is Out of date, which version do I need to install for Elysium Project ?

I found an old version from somewhere else (3.7.1), but the min/max level filters don't work when setting them to 0.

Edited by BobMaster

Hi! I just installed this and it looks super helpful, so thank you for all your hard work!

I just have a quick question. I can't seem to figure out how to edit Adventure Notes in My Journey. Is it possible to do it? If so, how?

23 hours ago, Cypher said:

I just have a quick question. I can't seem to figure out how to edit Adventure Notes in My Journey. Is it possible to do it? If so, how?

Well if you have the MyJourney feature I think you are on official servers, right?

You can get support on our Github page or on the Discord linked on there: https://github.com/Questie/Questie

There is no interface to edit the entries in MyJourney, but you can close WoW and edit Questie's SavedVariables file in the WTF directory.