Sign in to follow this  
Ryson

Shadowpriest in Vanilla PvP

Hey guys,

I just wanted to ask some experienced players if they can tell me something about the weaknesses of shadowpriest in pvp?

I did some research in a lot of different vanilla forums and got some information already, however i couldnt figure these questions out:

Do shadowpriests actually have any hardcounters at all? As far as I could figure it out sp are extremely strong in 1v1, can't really tell since I played a hunter on nost and never met a good sp.

What about SP vs Rogue in Vanilla? Do rogues dominate sp in 1v1? And SP vs WL?

I'm considering rolling a priest and do some pvp as sp and figures out talents and leveling etc myself, just wanted to ask how they do in 1v1 situations.

Thanks for any advice on this topic

shadow priest has few weakness in vanilla, main one is managing your mana, second is player forgetting he / she still a priest and can use heal / dispel / mind control etc alliance has it better for pve but ud's get extra dots for pvp, pretty fun class to play if you don't mind having your bags full of consumables, cuz you gonna need lots of em !

Im rolling an Spriest too,

Food and drinks are gonna be your main conceirn though.

Fast gameplay, nice but not OP evasion abilities..

perfect

As a naxx geared shadowpriest in vanilla wow, no, not even an undead rogue could really hard counter us.  Granted I was a troll(so horde) but in all my duels, I never had much of an issue.  Allies might have had issues with them en mass however.

As someone else said however, your biggest issue as a shadowpriest needs to be efficiency  with your spells.  Mana is super hard for shadowpriests to keep up

As Alliance Priest, it will be a nightmare, you face UD most of case, and your main defensive ability (fear) will be almost useless.

Mana is your first issue and gold to buy water the second one, third issue is few ppl will want you in their premade, and raid bring only one of these (sometimes not even one).

As a naxx geared shadowpriest in vanilla wow, no, not even an undead rogue could really hard counter us.  Granted I was a troll(so horde) but in all my duels, I never had much of an issue.  Allies might have had issues with them en mass however.

As someone else said however, your biggest issue as a shadowpriest needs to be efficiency  with your spells.  Mana is super hard for shadowpriests to keep up

Must be said: Shadow Guard doesn't work with Blackout, it's a common bug, you lose a lot with this issue.

Edited by Aniel

Hey guys,

I just wanted to ask some experienced players if they can tell me something about the weaknesses of shadowpriest in pvp?

I did some research in a lot of different vanilla forums and got some information already, however i couldnt figure these questions out:

Do shadowpriests actually have any hardcounters at all? As far as I could figure it out sp are extremely strong in 1v1, can't really tell since I played a hunter on nost and never met a good sp.

I'm considering rolling a priest and do some pvp as sp and figures out talents and leveling etc myself, just wanted to ask how they do in 1v1 situations.

Shadowpriests are decent 1 vs 1 but most SPs tend to be horde due to Wotf greatly reducing your chances of winning.

Your counters will depend on what time in vanilla you're at. You have far less counters in early vanilla but a ton during AQ40/Naxx. Your gear will also play a huge part as SPs run oom rather quickly.

Warriors: You will sweep them unless they try really hard with reflectors/consumables (assuming you do not).

Warlocks: You will have a slight advantage during early vanilla, but they will blast you to pieces later on. Demo locks will eat you alive.

Shamans (if you are alliance): Enh/ele will be annoying due to their purges and their random nature for getting high bursts off + TT/GT. Resto can't really hurt you.

Rogues: Regardless of what people say, a rogue with full CDs will destroy you in most cases, it gets worse when they get better gear.

Priest: A mirror duel is all about managing your mana. A disc/holy duel is likely to come down to LoS/mana.

Paladin (if you are horde): This one should be in the bag for you, but look out for paladins with a 4x reckoning stacked. They are annoying though due to their cleanse.

Mage: Early game you kill them, late game they kill you.

Hunter: If the hunter got brains he will trap you or pop AotC and outrun you while your mana pool goes down to 0%, while u can't do anything about it. No brain = You win.

Druid: You will kill them if they stay within range, but you can't slow them down (apart from with MF) so a good druid will likely exploit this.

In closing, you can beat a lot of classes and specs 1v1 but a lot will come down to your gear, your trinkets/misc items and the skill of the foe. Best of luck!

Edited by Dreadwise

As Alliance Priest, it will be a nightmare, you face UD most of case, and your main defensive ability (fear) will be almost useless.

Mana is your first issue and gold to buy water the second one, third issue is few ppl will want you in their premade, and raid bring only one of these (sometimes not even one).

Must be said: Shadow Guard doesn't work with Blackout, it's a common bug, you lose a lot with this issue.

But my glowy orbs of anti-sap!

Hey guys,

Yeah, they're not discipline priests.

Spriest is fun in PvE and 1v1, but a good disc priest in BGs is mo bettah

Biggest counter to shadowpriest is disc priest. SP cant kill him and will oom fast because of being mana burned

Hey guys,

There are only two reasons that a shadow priest should ever lose to a hunter.

1) The hunter vastly outgears you.

2) You start with low mana and the hunter drains the rest of your mana to zero before you can do much.

Rogues and Warlocks have the best chances against a SP, particularly if they are Undead. But the Warlock has to be Demonology with a felhunter or they will get eaten alive. Neither of them would "dominate" a SP. It would be pretty even. Any other class should get destroyed by an SP.

Edit: I agree with what Insa said. A disc priest with improved mana burn will run a SP oom fast. May not necessarily kill the SP, but the SP will be useless in pvp. The disc priest can do similar things to pretty much any mana user.

When Nost got taken down I was in the middle of leveling a UD priest for the sole purpose of being a support player and mana burn troll in pvp.

Edited by Muhsogyny

to all thos who complain "omg noobzvsundeadrogueusuckzlolo!!!oneone"

look here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rxz5YCG6_xs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kui8XchuSMM

both were from retail back in the time

ppl complain about undead rogue because they got some problems. Is true that your fear is useless against them , but the first one. you got 26 sec cd on fear they got 2 mins... plus if you really PVP u need engi, it means bombs. And undead are not immune to incapacitate.

alliance races shadow priest got a neat pletora of buffs. as you can see a dwarf priest in these videos make smart use of stoneform vs rogues (no poison applied to them during period and 10%dmg red) and fear ward, useful vs locks and undead priests so is balanced the situation. Night elfs got the Moonkin3.0 starfall and a evasion, which is very nice for a caster especialoly when vs melee.

dont let ppl toss you down. shadow priest in pvp is awesome just need pratice.

Biggest counter to shadowpriest is disc priest. SP cant kill him and will oom fast because of being mana burned

you realize shadow priest got a silence and mana burn aswell right? and usually take improved mana burn from disc tree...