Aveton

All want to play on fresh

and вау the economy of the fresh realm from launch? thats a brilliant idea. /sarcasm

Because the economy was so well balanced at Nost with all chinafarmers, spawn capmping black lotus etc 24/7and the devilsaur campers.

Yeah those few lvl 60 from Elysium  going to instantly rule the sever economic....

/sarcasm

Having any realms is a good thing. We are all lucky to be able to even play wow in this state again. I despise retail wow. It's not a fantasy MMO. A fantasy MMO should be a journey through a strange and beautiful world where the adventure of just moving through that world inspires you to go on. The thought of running raids over and over and over for the same loot as the next guy is wearing.. pff.. that is not why I play WoW vanilla. 

Just be happy the realms are here and .. quit squabbling for the scraps from longshanks table. 

~ Faith ~

Edited by Faith

A fantasy MMO should be a journey through a strange and beautiful world where the adventure of just moving through that world inspires you to go on.

~ Faith ~

Unfortunately that's how the players developed their playstyle. Rush to max level and grind those raids till the next expansion. Well, I did it too because my raidquild expected it, but I (mostly - not always) enjoyed running throug the world...

Yeah I know.   What would happen if a poll was made "do men find curvy women attractive".

A huge majority of the people voting yes on that would be HUGE women that classify themselves as "curvy".    Then when some guy is like, actually I prefer an athletic/sporty type woman, the huge woman would throw the poll in your face and call you a "privileged minority".

Plus I already know Nost servers are coming first, that's what I'm playing on, I don't feel the need to vote in the Strawpoll.

Unfortunately that's how the players developed their playstyle. Rush to max level and grind those raids till the next expansion. Well, I did it too because my raidquild expected it, but I (mostly - not always) enjoyed running throug the world...

I have never rushed to max level to raid.. that is the opposite of what an mmo should be IMO .. but to each his own

First of all: your 3 points are unsubstantiated and contradictory. You say that most of the people will never come back then talk about all these people coming back to play on the fresh server. As to your 4th point I don't need to vote in a stupid strawpoll that means absolutely nothing to prove it, I have the fact that the staff has decided to launch the Nost realms first, and I tend to think they know a little bit more about running a server than you do.

But yeah, let's ignore 54 centuries of play time because you want a fresh server.

And come on, if you want to brag about internet speeds at least come correct ;-) http://imgur.com/a/sQQHu

All of the points he made are valid. How many people have multiple accounts? -- Alot. It's been almost a year since the server shutdown, many people have moved on and are doing other things irl or plying different games. You simply do not understand how polling works.

You simply do not understand how polling works.

A correct survey would be controlled with an even amount of different demographics.     2,500 old nost layers, (with 1,250 geared and 1,250 not geared players) 2,500 new players,

Randomly putting something up on reddit which reddit community was against Nost in general, and being something you can note on multiple times and without a controlled demographic?      Yeah I'll take the "strawpoll" with a grain of salt ;)

Too many people are acting so entitled to all of this that it's getting silly. This is a free service you're taking advantage of and all you have to do is basically show up and reap the rewards. Just relax and be patient, fun is coming.

I played on Elysium 3 months ago because it was new and not so overpopulated like K2 and Nost. Now they transfering our Elysium characters on a server where they are almost on the AQ Event. Now we have to start over again on a sever where evrybody is lvl60 and probably well geared already,thats why I will restart on the new sever, All players from the Elysium sever from bevor the announcement should be able to tranfer on the new Server instead of the worn out server ,or at least be able to start few days earlier.

Where are people getting their info on what was happening on Nost? Almost on the AQ event? Not hardly. Everybody was 60? Not even close. Well geared?  http://realmplayers.com/CharacterViewer.aspx?realm=NRB&player=Mealticket I was only 6/8 BWL. All raids were still very much in play by players in varying progressions.

Because the economy was so well balanced at Nost 

I never understand this "argument".   What does "balanced" mean?  Valuable items are cheap?   Doesn't make sense.  Higher prices on the auction-house on all items is caused from inflation due to the gold inserted from killing mobs.   This only makes things EASIER for somebody just starting out.

Reason it is EASIER is because inflation only affects the AH, not the in-game vendors whom are your primary gold sinks on your way to level 60.  ie: Training, repairs, mount, epic mount.  Which differs from real world where vendors adjust to inflation.

Rather than focusing on what you can not buy in the AH while starting off, focus on the fact that every item that would sell for a few silver on a fresh server would sell for up to 1 gold on an established server.  You invest the same amount of time getting that stack of ore in the world, except it sells for 10x as much, making your in-game gold sinks 10x less of a burden.

It isn't ignoring the majority (which you are not), it isn't ignoring the loud minority (which you are).    130K concurrent/active players when Nost got shut down.    Why are there not WAY over 130k total votes?!!!! (previous players + all the new people like yourself).    Because the poll will only show the preferences of the people who completed it, not the masses.

There is no "control demographic" for the survey, meaning isn't a purposeful even split of new people, old nost people, old nost people with фекал toons, old nost people with great toons taking the survey (I didn't answer it myself).    By this point we know the primary demographic of the survey because the ones who take it, find some reason to link it while фекал talking the admins or the decisions that have been made for the established community that made Nost what it was.

So, in order for the poll to be accurate, everyone from your particular demographic group gotta have voted?

And all of the demographic groups have to be evenly represented to a create an accurate overview, even if one demographic group in reality is way more prevalent? I can see why the polls during the election got it so wrong, if this is how polls are done in america.

This isn't real life, where stating your political preference can lead to ridicule or even have a negative impact on your social relations in your life, which in turn can possibly cause a silent majority to form. Could it be that you, with your  570+ posts, possibly are the vocal minority?

Btw, I don't want to come off as actually being invested in this ridiculous debate about who gets what when. I don't really care, considering how big a time sink vanilla is, 3 weeks worth of waiting is nothing. I'm basically just trying to say you and your posts are retarded.

btw the poll has been thrown around this forum and the nost forum, and

ever since the first days of the poll, it never fluctuated from 65/25/10 (not by amount significant enough to note), not sure what to do with that but it means something

also, if you don't believe in newcomers, write them off as "leaving after realizing vanilla difficult blablabla", you never believed in nost at all, nost has risen to such height because new players came played and liked

Pottu had this to say about the straw poll on the Nost forums:

We are aware of that Strawpoll going around that shows most interest in the fresh start one but there are literally thousands of Nostalrius players who have not voted in it and might not even be aware of the upcoming chance to replay their old characters.

Edited by Falorthan

Pottu had this to say about the straw poll on the Nost forums:

We are aware of that Strawpoll going around that shows most interest in the fresh start one but there are literally thousands of Nostalrius players who have not voted in it and might not even be aware of the upcoming chance to replay their old characters.

Is there a preference in looking out for the ex-players who are not closely following the project? Just like in any democratic system, one who does not vote is wasting their political power. If they are ignorant to the situation, it is their fault. 

In any case, not that I necessarily disagree with the ethical attitude behind it.

.... between my old guild and new guild (140 people) all returning, I am 1 of two people who post on these forums.

Most people do not use the forums, less than 0.5% of the active population used the Nost forums. They are active with guild websites, even then only about 25% of core raiders use those.

Is there a preference in looking out for the ex-players who are not closely following the project? Just like in any democratic system, one who does not vote is wasting their political power. If they are ignorant to the situation, it is their fault. 

In any case, not that I necessarily disagree with the ethical attitude behind it.

I wouldn't quite equate this to a democratic system, plus it was straw poll, not one that was officially run by the Elysium/Nost teams.

Edited by Falorthan

.... between my old guild and new guild (140 people) all returning, I am 1 of two people who post on these forums.

Most people do not use the forums, less than 0.5% of the active population used the Nost forums. They are active with guild websites, even then only about 25% of core raiders use those.

that's ok, but you don't have to post/log in/interact in the forum in order to view it and keep track of things

I wouldn't quite equate this to a democratic system, plus it was straw poll, not one that was officially run by the Elysium/Nost teams.

Oh yes, of course. I was only speaking in very broad terms. Nothing wrong with people ignoring community straw polls. But not being aware of the project shows a lack of care, in my eyes.

@Undertanker Of course, not everyone cares for forums. I was never a fan of the straw poll argument, either way.

Edited by Tholren

Oh yes, of course. I was only speaking in very broad terms. Nothing wrong with people ignoring community straw polls. But not being aware of the project shows a lack of care, in my eyes.

@Undertanker Of course, not everyone cares for forums. I was never a fan of the straw poll argument, either way.

Personally I have a handful of friends that followed the private server scene for a few weeks/months after Nost closed, but gave up on it because they didn't want to lose their toons again. They were all excited and are all coming back once Nost returns, but they didn't necessarily run to the forums. I wouldn't say they don't care about the project, they'll be there on day 1, they just don't care about out of game community as much.

I love you all equally. Give me something to entertaining to read and comment on all night at work.

It's equally entertaining to me. As soon as someone presented a compelling argument, you started belittling and ignoring them, instead of trying to counter said arguments. That's not really how discussions work.