Jambi

Why fresh server should release at the same date

Hello everyone!

It's my understanding many people in the community is pretty sure the old server Nost PvP will live on and have a lot of active players. Many here even doubt the straw polls and actually say that those who will roll on the fresh server is in the minority. Personally I doubt this and just believe they are afraid of the truth that the fresh server will be the biggest one.

So why flood the old server on dec 17th with massive lag and players that will never actually play on the old server? Why not release the new server at the same so the population evens out and everyone can enjoy a smoother release?

...post on one of the many open threads about server releases rather than start a new one?

Typical first post.

He has an original idea/opinion shhhh

Edited by Pacifista

How about sticking to the topic? I am actually concerned for everyone's sake that we shall be able to actually play the game on dec 17th. Imagine all the Fresh Server players just creating a level 1 char to screw around on Nost.

It's not very professional to prolong the release of a server like this when they know the amount of players will be through the roof this time. After Nost got shut down, the word of this server even made it to the news damnit! If all servers will be played on with a good amount of players, it's best to release them at the same time. If pushing the release of the fresh server weeks after 17th dec... Elysium PvP will surely be so crowded it will be unplayable to 100% because the hype will have time to build up around one server.

Edited by Jambi

There is more involved than just throwing the server life. Launches like these also make for a new influence of players that just want to фекал arround (flyhacking etc). There probably aren't enough GMs to cover the launch event across 3 servers amongst other issues....

They're not "flooding" the old servers, quite the opposite. The older ones are going to be the less popular server, so they have more room to bear the brunt of being first to release. It'll more evenly distribute players across the realms. Otherwise you'd have the fresh server completely overloaded and imbalanced compared to the old servers.

They are preventing everyone flooding the new server.

Edited by arbet

How about sticking to the topic? I am actually concerned for everyone's sake that we shall be able to actually play the game on dec 17th. Imagine all the Fresh Server players just creating a level 1 char to screw around on Nost.

It's not very professional to prolong the release of a server like this when they know the amount of players will be through the roof this time. After Nost got shut down, the word of this server even made it to the news damnit! If all servers will be played on with a good amount of players, it's best to release them at the same time. If pushing the release of the fresh server weeks after 17th dec... Elysium PvP will surely be so crowded it will be unplayable to 100% because the hype will have time to build up around one server.

It's not very professional for you to complain about having to wait to get free stuff.

Old servers are deserve to be first.

This is a very unprofessional attitude which I think (I hope) is far from the devs reasoning. 

They're not "flooding" the old servers, quite the opposite. The older ones are going to be the less popular server, so they have more room to bear the brunt of being first to release. It'll more evenly distribute players across the realms. Otherwise you'd have the fresh server completely overloaded and imbalanced compared to the old servers.

They are preventing everyone flooding the new server.

Yeah, Nostalrius PvP on 17th December will not be popular at all...  :huh: Just ask the question: Will Nost PvP most likely be a more popular server at the launch or after 1 month? Most likely at the launch right? Everyone with a leveled up character on Nostalrius will most likely wait for the first rush to die off a little bit and enjoy some time on Nost PvP instead.

So I am talking about launch here. If there is old nost players who will stay on Nost PvP, they will be free to do so - new players can go on Elysium PvP. 

Otherwise you'd have the fresh server completely overloaded and imbalanced compared to the old servers.

So let's say Elysium PvP releases on in January 2017: do you not think this one will be overloaded on that day equally to release it on the 17th? By giving it a later release you charge up an enormous amount of hype by players who went back on the Old Nost server on the 17th, played a couple of days and then changed their minds considering a fresh server instead.

By releasing all 3 servers, it is just the best overall solution in order to distribute the coming flock of players.  

There is more involved than just throwing the server life. Launches like these also make for a new influence of players that just want to фекал arround (flyhacking etc). There probably aren't enough GMs to cover the launch event across 3 servers amongst other issues....

Do you have any inside information about this? Or is it just you guessing? If there isn't enough GM:s to cover the launch of 3 servers at launch, how is it gonna be enough GM:s the first week when all 3 exists? 

Edited by Jambi

Um, I didn't say it wouldn't be popular. What I'm trying to explain to you is that there is less interest in the Nostalrius servers than the fresh server, therefore if you release the Nostalrius servers first, they will be more popular than they otherwise would be and therefore the playerbase will be more evenly distributed between the 3 servers. That is their aim. Whether you agree with it or not is a completely different issue.

You are wrong that people will start playing on Nostalrius and give up. The whole point of this is to get more people starting on Nostalrius, where they will then stay.

What I'm trying to explain to you is that there is less interest in the Nostalrius servers than the fresh server,

All hail the bias Strawpost.

This is a very unprofessional attitude which I think (I hope) is far from the devs reasoning. 

lol you have to be kidding me. Get out of here with your entitlement.

This is not their profession. They don't get paid to do this. They have to have real jobs like everyone else. Quit overusing the word "professional".

Let me summarize 50% of the posts on the first page: "I never played on Nost but feel like I should be allowed to play on the server of my choosing first because I'm a special little flower"

Let me summarize 50% of the posts on the first page: "I never played on Nost but feel like I should be allowed to play on the server of my choosing first because I'm a special little flower"

Well, you are as wrong as you can be and that makes you look stupid. 

Well, you are as wrong as you can be and that makes you look stupid. 

Have you even read this thread? In case you haven't realized most of the people are thinking the complete opposite. Maybe you should take some time for self-reflection and realize "wait, there are 50 topics about this and they all end the same"

edit: I'm starting a petition to cancel the fresh server and only have the only Nost realms.

Edited by Falorthan

This is not their profession. They don't get paid to do this. They have to have real jobs like everyone else. Quit overusing the word "professional".

They want to execute the launch professionally, so I am just holding them against their own standard.

But that straw post of 13k votes......

The,130k previous users didn't vote, but that is cause they are not playing.

Strawpost is life, Strawpost forever.

But that straw post of 13k votes......

The,130k previous users didn't vote, but that is cause they are not playing.

Strawpost is life, Strawpost forever.

Come on, man, don't bring logic into this.

They want to execute the launch professionally, so I am just holding them against their own standard.

Ok. If you want to use that logic that's fine. They have decided that the best way to have a professional launch is to launch the fresh server last. That's their standard.

Have you even read this thread? In case you haven't realized most of the people are thinking the complete opposite. Maybe you should take some time for self-reflection and realize "wait, there are 50 topics about this and they all end the same"

edit: I'm starting a petition to cancel the fresh server and only have the only Nost realms.

"Most of the people"? Yeah the 4 people of the opposite opinion comprise "most people". NOT.

You are just scared that the old server will be left to rot along with your shiny 60s. 

"Most of the people"? Yeah the 4 people of the opposite opinion comprise "most people". NOT.

You are just scared that the old server will be left to rot along with your shiny 60s. 

lol "the old server will be left to rot", good one.

I still can't understand why people are so upset about waiting a few more weeks for the fresh server. What will you be doing until then? Probably playing WoW. What will you be doing after release? Probably playing WoW. If you're this upset about having to wait just a little more for your preferred server, it's pretty obvious that youre going to be playing the fresh server even if it took 6 months. Chill.

I don't understand the war between fresh and old servers. If you got a lvl 60 you're attached to on the old servers, keep playing there. Otherwise, roll on fresh. There's no issue here.