Xadaver

so What's the first thing you're gonna do when it's back online, guys?

I totally agree. The game experience starts to deteriorate at 8k and thats when the economy starts cannibalizing itself. Items that are super rare, like edgemasters, become 2k-3k gold, and items that are pretty rare, like healing wands and the like, become 10g. Everything starts to break down gameplay wise as well.

Agreed as well. When I started on Nost there was 5-6k online at any given time. By the time I got to 60 it was ridiculously overpopulated with over 10k all the time. I was glad to hear the PvE realm was being released at that point. Ideally I would like it if the two PvP realms spread out their population, as then I might return to play my Warrior on the PvP realm since in my heart of hearts I love PvP more than anything... but I can't justify playing on a 12-15k population since it seemed like a practice in time wasting. And myself being months behind the curve... ugh, I hate the feeling of mooching of others and "gearing up quickly", it feels like I didn't earn it or something, and attaining gear almost makes me guilty rather than excited. I'd much prefer going through the time when you're all under-geared together and then slowly build up your strength as a guild.

i have 300 addons to go through so.... my day will be spent on that most likley. that and talking in chat i suppose :P if i do manage to finish addons i guess ill attempt to quest a bit but rather casually.

Pffffffff.  : )

ha ha ha ha ha  ha ha holy crap ha

SEE YOU IN 2017

CLASS OF 2017 RULES!!!!

Edited by Ellipsea

First thing would probably be to log off retail... But work next weekend so wont have any time

Probably look for or start a MC pug to ease my way back into it. Plus I'm pretty confident my old guild will be in tatters so I'll guess I'll see who's about. 

Auction bought items aren't everything. More population = more people to kill, which is an epic win. Even if the game was intended to be limited in population, and economics were considered an issue, the lack of mobs to make up for all the people still mediates the general price of things. Even then, you won't make as much money when you're fighting other people for first hits. SOME things might be cheaper (Not Devilhide when you've got entire guilds camping/farming the Saurs) but these items aren't necessarily as important as end-tier gear, and not to mention that we've all been there done that - we have addons and information well beyond the capacity of any true vanilla experience.

Even if you save a lot of money on the AH because things are cheaper, that won't make end-game items/mats that much cheaper, especially when there are mountains of people camping spawn nodes and overfarming world mobs that drop core materials. It sounds bad, but WoW isn't just about killing robots - it's about conflict between human beings in the world, too.

Auction bought items aren't everything. More population = more people to kill, which is an epic win. Even if the game was intended to be limited in population, and economics were considered an issue, the lack of mobs to make up for all the people still mediates the general price of things. Even then, you won't make as much money when you're fighting other people for first hits. SOME things might be cheaper (Not Devilhide when you've got entire guilds camping/farming the Saurs) but these items aren't necessarily as important as end-tier gear, and not to mention that we've all been there done that - we have addons and information well beyond the capacity of any true vanilla experience.

Even if you save a lot of money on the AH because things are cheaper, that won't make end-game items/mats that much cheaper, especially when there are mountains of people camping spawn nodes and overfarming world mobs that drop core materials. It sounds bad, but WoW isn't just about killing robots - it's about conflict between human beings in the world, too.

outta here with your beard logic

I'm gonna hang out in my Garrison, send followers on missions for free loot, and wait for my Truesteel Ingots to pop, so I can upgrade my sword, chest, and helmet. Every so often, when the cooldown permits, I'm gonna step just outside the Garrison zone and drop a Jeeves for people.

Alphaconstruct

I'll probably help some guildies with Strat/Scholo/BRD runs, if noone is online I'll probably dick around on the starting zones or just level in a trio with my friends. We got a 26 lvl advantage and I am curious how many hours will it take for the newly starting people to catch up with us.

I'll probably jump out of pure joy for a straight 5 minutes, then remember I'm already Rank 10 and all BG's reps grinded, basically just raidlogging left...

That's a new Elysium toon for me :D 

If I were to sign on to my PvP toon first, it wouldn't be to run off to some lowbie zone and uselessly gank lowbies and feel I was somehow doing anything constructive, positive, or anything other than stroking myself.  I'd go Mid level zones and counter-gank the gankers of my faction with the realization this isn't a solo, first-person shooter game, but that's just me.

Jumping on my resto druid, buying some water, then heading to Redridge to gank as many players as possible for a few hours.

I'll come to redridge there just for the pleasure of crushing you.  Ya slob.

http://realmplayers.com/CharacterViewer.aspx?realm=NRB&player=Xykaru  pfff

You've made literally no effort to gear up other than, I'm guessing, to be an low level irritant.  Done bare minimum PvP.  Sound like a real tough guy.  Well, you got that beard going on : P

Edited by Ellipsea

If I were to sign on to my PvP toon first, it wouldn't be to run off to some lowbie zone and uselessly gank lowbies and feel I was somehow doing anything constructive, positive, or anything other than stroking myself.  I'd go Mid level zones and counter-gank the gankers of my faction with the realization this isn't a solo, first-person shooter game, but that's just me.

idk how much you pvp, but if you did it enough you would know that stv is the centre for lvl 60 brawls. lowbies there are just collateral damage, if i see them throwing heals on the lvl 60 I'm trying to take out they will die also.

Rolling fresh on PVE.

First day will be a nightmare for completing quests or killing anything, therefore I will:

- explore the world for xp and flightpaths.

- pick up herbalism+skinning. Going to pick herbs and skin the mobs people kill.