Buffdaddy

Ninja looting allowed?

elysium staff shouldnt intervene ninja looting was a big part of vanilla yeah sure it sucked but just use master looter if you dont trust people 

yeah I was actually thinking of some1 ninja looting who has lead and exploits master looter to get e.g. a flask recipe or baron mount...

Ninja-Looting is Blizzlike.

Troll aside, all GM's from official or non-official servers I've played on, never cared on looting incidents, except loss during crash.

This is player responsability to prevent such situations.

Thus, Ninja-looters evade direct sanctions, but are often hit by social justice as they become publicy known and avoided on parties.

'Member Nostalrius shaming thread ?

Edited by (TheReal) Krom

Ninja-Looting is Blizzlike.

Troll aside, all GM's from official or non-official servers I've played on, never cared on looting incidents, except loss during crash.

This is player responsability to prevent such situations.

Thus, Ninja-looters evade direct sanctions, but are often hit by social justice as they become publicy known and avoided on parties.

'Member Nostalrius shaming thread ?

I believe in this exact concept that it is the players fault not the dev's if they had a shitty leader, i dont think it should be the GM's responsibillity to cater to cry babies who got ninja looted. 

Although im no GM id like to hear ones stand point on this.

TOS says "steal resource nodes, chests, items (Does this include when crafting) 

Griefing

Players can interact in a variety of ways, not all of them constructive. You may encounter players that steal resource nodes, chests, items, lead monsters to new areas and summon demons that raise havoc.

Elysium staff will not intervene in these situations as the community may take measures concerning these players. However, behaviour that is considered to be contrary to the essence of the Game will be considered a violation of this agreement.

Such behaviour is considered griefing which includes but are not limited to the following:

Edited by kegis

This is the only real solution, as GM's can't know the truth and have better stuff to do than deal with people drama.

I think on a low pop french private admitting otherwise, I've even seen people edit screenshots  :happy_tired:

Plus, Ninja-Looting isn't fun in general, but raiding drama loot is rather hilarious

Pretty sure I was one of the top first Alchemy maxlevel, when you see 7 people roll Need on that UBRS flask recipe.

Aaaah, memories ...

I think they should punish only stealing. Like trading mats for a craft and the crafter confiscating these mats. Ninja looting is a different story. (We are talking about dungeons only of course).

There are hybrids that may want an item for the leveling process. You cannot deny people this. An enhancement shaman that heals in the dungeon, can need the Corpsemaker just fine. BoE items with great AH value should be rolled by all. The same applies to recipes. It would be great if they pass the Robe of the Void recipe for the lock in the party, but фекал can happen. You cannot call a GM for this.

Raids is another story.

Being loot-police takes up ALOT of GM-time and resourses and it will be detrimental to other parts of the game where GM-time is better spent helping.

The community will have to be their own police. People will have to cater to their own reputation.

BoE items with great AH value should be rolled by all.

I wish...

reality is different. I remember BRD run one guy followed this rule and been kicked from the party with report "ninja looter"

I wish...

reality is different. I remember BRD run one guy followed this rule and been kicked from the party with report "ninja looter"

Well, vanilla-babies (like these labels :P ) should grow up on this "ninja looting" thing.

Usually we would agree to loot rules as we begin the dungeon. Most of the time we would all agree to roll need on any good BoEs, Pristine Black Diamonds etc... Flask recipes obviously. If you don't roll need you can be confident some people will, so you should always roll need. I would say if people had a differing opinion to this they were the minority, or not long level 60. 

Oh yeah, expect to see some runs advertised where certain items are reserved. They're more common than you think and I suspect will be really common for UBRS on the fresh server when keys are at a shortage, everyone needs everything and guilds need recipes etc. 

Edited by Oamaru

Being loot-police takes up ALOT of GM-time and resourses and it will be detrimental to other parts of the game where GM-time is better spent helping.

The community will have to be their own police. People will have to cater to their own reputation.

That. +1

Hello, potential ninja looter here. :ph34r::yahoo:

So you are actually planning to ninja loot and get the official blessing here?

qQBxDmV.gif

Ninja looting is not bannable. It never has been and never will be.

It is, however, a shitty thing to do.

PS: This doesn't include things like flask recipes and boe epics. If that stuff drops, you NEED on it. It is worth way too much gold and benefits everyone in the party.

As it was on Nostalrius and also on retail, yes ninja looting is technically allowed, not breaking any rules other than the moral ones. You will quickly become a pariah and people will know who you are if you keep doing it, because you can't change your name or appearance either... welcome to vanilla m8.

There's probably going to be a thread on the forum with a list of ninjalooters to put on ignore. You'll have your 5 minutes of fame.

Where all the buttheart kids can complain for taking away their toys. There is till no indication anywhere what constitutes a ninja looter. 

There's probably going to be a thread on the forum with a list of ninjalooters to put on ignore. You'll have your 5 minutes of fame.

In fact - how about importing the Nostalrius forum list to these boards?   It is, after all, the same accounts returning.

OP whats your in game name? so i can preemptively ignore you lol.

Buffdaddy. You're welcome.

you're really easy to troll tho)

Edited by Buffdaddy

GM´s wont do anything about "ninja looting" but Scams they will... so if you getting something craftet, remember to take a screenshot of the trade window so you have evindence...

then they will take action.

Ninja looting is absolutely not allowed, unless your a rogue, and the raid leader in UBRS, and dal'rend drops.. then its fine.  :gamer:

Ninja looting is an essential part of a MMO. Let players issues be solved between players. No need for the teacher to solve every fight.

Serial ninjas will make a name for themselves here, everybody ends up knowing everybody after a while on these servers.

I remember there was that night elf rogue on Nost, he would hang out every day for hours in IF offering to open lockboxs for free, he would give you random crap and keep your real loot. He was eventually busted and most people wouldn't use his "services" anymore. Not exactly the same type of ninja, but the moral of this story is the same.