Sign in to follow this  
ElSlayer

Help me to evaluate probability of success on my Ultimate Goal for relaunch

Hello, fellow vanilla players!

Before I jump to main idea of this thread I feel that it would be useful to provide a brief description of my background (in order to fit things into certain context).

Feel free to skip it though :)

Background

I've started to play WoW on one of early iterations of MaNGOS and switched to official about a month before WotLK release.

What I always loved about WoW is how it continues history and lore of Warcraft series, especially WC3. I always thrive to discover a new piece of lore about Blackrock clan, fall of Lordaeron, Scourge and aftermath of Burning Legion invasion. Therefore, no matter that I've started to play with WotLK release - my heart always was with Vanilla.

I usually try to do as much quest content as I can (especially long quest chains) before I outlevel it and always do all dungeon quests. Also I spend much time trying to improve my gear (especially in dungeons) even though I will swap most of it on my way to top level.

In fact, gearing my character is what I like the most (after uncovering the lore).

So I like to get everything from game even in low level content and PvP is not an exception. I even spend quite big amounts of gold for BoE stuff just to PvP a few weeks and move on. Low level battlegrounds require good gear in order to enjoy them (with all those twinks around) and that's where time spent in dungeons pays off.

And that's where my obsession with gear grows even more...

Here is my main char.

This is my first char and I don't have anything better than that.

I don't have 60 char that I could use to farm gold to gear this char in top twink gear.

I play warrior for the first time

Now to the goal.

The Ultimate Goal

I felt that I ought to do something special for Nostalrius relaunch. I mean... REALLY special.

So, I've noticed that PvP mounts have requirement of level 40 and riding skill of 75 while being very fast mount (+100% speed).

I want it bad and I want it ASAP - at lowest (realistcally) possible level.

I've made some research and found out that PvP mounts are obtainable on PvP rank 11 which has minimum level requirement of 53.

Inb4 "lol get to 60 and grind for your mount" - I realize that this would probably be easier way, but I will miss all the swag points of having +100% mount before 60, so that's not an option. However I do consider leveling up to 59 if I won't be able to do it on 53.

In the end I think it would be beautiful comeback to Nost.

Advice required

Allright, as you may noticed, right now I'm R5.

The Plan is to get to max possible rank on 49 (which is R9 if I remember correctly) then level up to 53, get Ice Barbed spear and whatever gear I can get and grind my way to R11.

1) Am I not mistaken and it is really possible to get PvP mount on level 53 AND be able to use it? I've already asked this question on Nost forum but only one person answered me so I would like be sure.

2)  If I able to get 15-20k honor a week what are my chances? How much time (approximately) would it require to get to R9 and is it even possible? Wouldn't honor decay nullify my progress somewhere along the way?

3) Is 50-59 bracket actively queue for WSG/AB? How situation changes on BG weekend? I don't really want to play AV with 60s.

4) What notable gear pieces would you suggest for PvP for level 53 Human Warrior? What enchants of budget class would you suggest? I don't require full gear guide, just some main things that I shouldn't miss, like Ice Barbed Spear.

5) Is it necessary to switch to Engineering to do well in PvP as a Warrior if I manage to find pocket healer?

6) Can you recommend any guild that do PvP on 49/59 brackets?

7) Maybe some crazy individuals would like to join me on my journey to nowhere?

Edited by ElSlayer

20k honor a week wont even take u to r7 are u serious. Are you competing with killerduki in troll posting?

/kind regards Killerduki.

I don't remember how much honor per week I was able to get on average on lvl 49. I've asked about 20k because that's what was recorded on my character page on realmplayers. But I took R5 with ease. Maybe I was able to pull out more honor per week, I really just don't remember. Winter holidays are coming so I think I would be able to invest more time in grind.

Is R7 is THAT harder to get than R5?

How much honor per week I would need to get to R9 in reasonable time in your opinion ?

First of all , honor is RELATIVE, it all depends in ur comparison with the rest of the players and how big is the population size competing that week (per faction). You should read how vanilla ranking works in the first place imo. It is impossible to answer that question, the closest answer would be how much did someone need in the last week of nostalrius to gain some % from r6 to r7, and still wouldnt be accurate, since you dont know how many ppl will pvp now, how hard they ll go, and many other factors. ( if i had to estimate i d say arround 80k to keep a steady progression, slow as fck tho).

And from r8/9 onwards good luck, you will need much more than that to 11.

a druid did R14 at 59, does that answer your retarded question?

20k honor a week wont even take u to r7 are u serious. Are you competing with killerduki in troll posting?

/kind regards Killerduki.

He is competing with your mom posting.

/Kind regards Killerduki

a druid did R14 at 59, does that answer your retarded question?

No. Speaking of retarded - there are 7 questions in OP and this statement doesn't answer any of them.

First of all , honor is RELATIVE, it all depends in ur comparison with the rest of the players and how big is the population size competing that week (per faction). You should read how vanilla ranking works in the first place imo. It is impossible to answer that question, the closest answer would be how much did someone need in the last week of nostalrius to gain some % from r6 to r7, and still wouldnt be accurate, since you dont know how many ppl will pvp now, how hard they ll go, and many other factors. ( if i had to estimate i d say arround 80k to keep a steady progression, slow as fck tho).

And from r8/9 onwards good luck, you will need much more than that to 11.

Yes, I've read about vanilla honor system and get general picture of how honor translated into rank points. The idea of this system is quite simple.

However, I agree that I've formulated my question poorly.

I would be satisfied with a few answers (from different people) about how much honor someone needed to gain in order to get to given rank in a reasonable time based on playing experience on old Nost PvP server.

80k a week is more than I can handle without getting troubles with real life duties  :)

There would be also problems with actually getting into BG. It was far from instant popup in 40-49 bracket.

Edited by ElSlayer

1) yes

2) impossible to answer
3) impossible to answer
4) plate with str and sta, fiery
5) you will do better, so why not take it
6) lol
7) swap crazy with retarded

point still stands, OP is retarded

wtf killerduki...
Edited by Travolta

1) it is possible;

2) you have no chances, for r11 needed like 10 times that much per week if going slow;

3) almost no WSG/AB in that bracket, hope you love AV (and all hate talk of people there who doesn't love low lvls that join);

4) w/e, you will be dead meat anyway in AV as low lvl warrior;

5) same as 4, doesn't really matter, and no heal should be wasted on you anyway, at 60 its another story though;

6) no twink guilds in that brackets afaik;

7) no.

ElSLayer how much time do you have on your hands for your journey

3-5 hours on workday,

up to full day on weekends. It really depends. Let's say 8-10 hours on average because I won't endure more for prolonged time.

I hope to do solid portion of grind on winter holidays combined with 1 week vacation.

hello i have ultimate special goal of get level 12 on the Barens  from girafe and monkey kill

u Think posible :) ?

hello i have ultimate special goal of get level 12 on the Barens  from girafe and monkey kill

u Think posible :) ?

Possible to kill monkey? Ha, you know how to make me laugh silly humans!

Seriously though... Maybe the king of giraffes would not be as kind as me - I would watch my tongue if I were you.