Shenna

Financial Report: Hardware Costs

Big thanks to our community for helping fund the servers. PvP server is paid for at least 2 months, PvE server and web hosting is now funded for 6 months. Donations have been closed and will reopen if needed at a later date. 

I must file a formal declaration of protest! Take my money demmit! I looked through pages of the thread to see if anyone else had a missing button for donating to see this. I'm saddened and crying now because I have money and no server that wants to accept it!

In china google is banned so they can't use google translate

btw ping to China will be not good about 350ms

That's not so bad while far from great. That is the average ping I've been playing on for the last 8 years as I have been living/working in SE Asia.

I would like to pay you guys for allowing me to play vanilia but I don't know how. Do you have a bank account I can make monthly transfers? Blizzard does not want my money so you will get it :)

I would like to pay you guys for allowing me to play vanilia but I don't know how. Do you have a bank account I can make monthly transfers? Blizzard does not want my money so you will get it :)

They did briefly open donations but they have everything paid for now, and they are not looking to make a profit off of this so they closed it when they got enough

Hey Elysium Team,

i love the work you did and will do in the future and i understand really how rough the financial part, of keepin this all running, is. I woud appreciate a donation system wich automaticly renews the amount i set monthly. Otherwise i will spend you guys 15€ every month manually. Just for comfort reason an automaticly system would be nice :D Keep up the good work. Love you <3

40b58e8a973fd96d8bbab57a2c16f431.png

$150/month for web hosting is a ripoff. At least if its just for the website, IPB, bugtracker, controlpanel and item database.

This could be done on one, or multiple smaller, VPS, much cheaper.

Hosting the realm/world server at OVH isnt cheap too.

Donation would just be an opinion for me if i could be sure that donations wouldnt be wasted. 

And with waste i dont mean to not donate an beer to the devs/admins, thats perfectly fine for me.

Edited by dreamax

$150/month for web hosting is a ripoff. At least if its just for the website, IPB, bugtracker, controlpanel and item database.

This could be done on one, or multiple smaller, VPS, much cheaper.

Hosting the realm/world server at OVH isnt cheap too.

Donation would just be an opinion for me if i could be sure that donations wouldnt be wasted. 

And with waste i dont mean to not donate an beer to the devs/admins, thats perfectly fine for me.

Well when your hosting a server that has to be able to steadily run at 20k+ people all on it, as well as not be destroyed by the DDOS attacks they get, it costs a lot more to run than a normal web server that you may think. 150 is actually fairly cheap for what they have to have right now, but saying how much their website crashes, i think they should upgrade. And they are non-profit. There is no rewards, and the moment they had enough to run the servers, they stopped the donation flow so they are not trying to make any money to buy themselves beer. They all have jobs outside of running this server to buy their own beer.

Well when your hosting a server that has to be able to steadily run at 20k+ people all on it, as well as not be destroyed by the DDOS attacks they get, it costs a lot more to run than a normal web server that you may think. 150 is actually fairly cheap for what they have to have right now, but saying how much their website crashes, i think they should upgrade. And they are non-profit. There is no rewards, and the moment they had enough to run the servers, they stopped the donation flow so they are not trying to make any money to buy themselves beer. They all have jobs outside of running this server to buy their own beer.

Just because they have > 20k+ active users this doenst mean they have 20k+ page hits/second.

Its correct that they use an (ukraine based) ddos protected server while relying on the (in my opinion much better)

free cloudflare service too.

Spending more money in server hardware doenst mean the site gets faster/more reliable.

Currently they have 955 online user* (137 members, the guests could be easily cached eg. by cloudflare) in IPB.

You could easily host an 400 online members installation on an 1 GB VPS.

*in the 15 minutes window that IPB displays

A lot of people have questions when they start using cryptocurrencies and I was not an exception in this regard) Because cryptocurrency is quite a complex mechanism, blockchain and so on. Last question I had was how to use bitcoin era...Good thing I was able to find quick answer on cryptocurrency portal.

It's a pity that you can't pay conveniently with cryptocurrency. After all, I recently started investing a lot in crypto with DeFi. Now I am investing in dynasets, more specifically in dynEth. With this system in the SingularityDAO app, you can save your savings without worrying about losses. Maybe you will also be interested and want to read more about the application on their official website. Then I recommend that you also take a look at the description and reviews on Medium and other blogs.