Athena

RealmStats.net -- Census Plus based 'replica' of WarcraftRealms

And btw put a disclaimer on website and forum to advice users to not use same login information on your website and their Nostalrius account !

True, I will add it now. I actually thought about it before, but for some reason forgot about it. Also, the passwords are surely better secured than most big websites these days it seems (idiots) so no worries in that regard btw! 

Unlocking people as I'm writing this and I will have a look @ torusnc. Did you reset your password using the forgotten link?

Edited by Athena

Unlocking people as I'm writing this and I will have a look @ torusnc. Did you reset your password using the forgotten link?

Thanks, Athena.

I did use the 'forgot password' link/email/verification, and now I get nothing but 'invalid login attempt'.

You can't login yet? Did you verify your email address? And the login name is the username that you picked (which in this case seems to match your forum one), but to make it easier it should from now on be possible to login with your email as well.

All logged in with no problems lately. Have been contributing every time I log off. Thanks for making this tool!

Thanks, Athena.

I did use the 'forgot password' link/email/verification, and now I get nothing but 'invalid login attempt'.

Alright, it's fixed now. Reset your password again and it should work this time!

Hi Athena, 

Great work! I'm a contributor and got some questions. 

1. On the site, under "contributor" the logs are showing more uploads then I submitted myself. I presume I can see everyone's uploads?  

2. Under "Census Data" and "Server choice" On the two graphs at the bottom, would it be possible to create an option to see actual players online, instead of 7 different classes? And at the same time add a mouseover function that shows the time, more specific then whats there right now. And also specify what timezone you are using? 

3. When ingame, should i purge/delete between each upload? Or should i just scan time after time and upload the same (bigger) file over and over? 

Hope to hear from you =) And again LOVE the work you are doing =) 

Edit: Just to be clear and not confuse you, I'm not a contributor with this username. My username on the site is Shayolghul =) 

Edited by Yelloweyes

1. It shows every snapshot, so even if you upload at the end of the day, it will in fact upload all the census snapshots that it toke (which contain the # of players per class). You can only see your own snapshots however. So far there are 851 server snapshots (note: 2x Kronos, 2x Nostalrius), 119,258 characters and 1,022,738 snapshots of characters. For characters your database only contains the "latest" data, so say you have it scanning every 30 minutes and you play for 6 hours. Your next upload would contain 12 new server snapshots, but only 1 character snapshot.

This is a random person that I grabbed from world chat just now:

P5nz9tO.png

2. I can certainly make a 'totals' line for both factions, but I suppose it makes more sense to add a new chart to compare Alliance vs Horde, as otherwise the scale becomes hard to read for the classes. The timezone is UTC btw. I'll see if I can add a mouse-over point to see exact numbers.

3. You're free to wipe it if it is growing too big, but generally speaking it doesn't matter too much for the server.

Edited by Athena

Still in need of more contributors for graphs!

Edit:

Seems something broke with my latest update that made uploads not come through. I'm getting your unparsed uploads into the database myself now after which I will re-open new submissions.

Edited by Athena

Why aren't the names hashed? If you give out the names of all of the players, you'll just be giving the gold sellers a directory of people to whisper. What really matters is the uniqueness of the players' names, which would be guaranteed with a crypographic hash.

Really? You're saying they can't /who themselves or check realmplayers.com?

Honestly, this is the least relevant dataset to use for goldselling, lol. 

Besides, good luck bypassing the firewall, 16384 bit SSH key and the between 48 and 72 characters long password...

Edited by Athena

I registered (same name as here) but I think I can't upload my data.

Is there anything wrong with your site atm or am I still not yet approved?

Is there any other website where I can contribute my CensusData ? Colltected over 45k chars and hope it wasn't in vain^^