Sign in to follow this  
MisterRay

Warlock PvE Afflicition with Pet?

Hi there,

Is there a damage drop if I play warlock affliction in PvE without a pet? I dislike controlling extra units besides my own character and generally I am not good at it :P

Anyone could help me out?

EDIT: I meant WITHOUT pet in the title!

Edited by MisterRay

It is possible, there's the SM/DS (31/21/0) specc, where you sacrifice your pet to get a huge buff for 30 min, then you have to sacc it again. Saccing the succubus for example grants you 15% more shadow damage, which is huge, saccing the void walker grants you 3%hp/4sec which is nice for farming.

It is definitely viable but i think with less gear the pet speccs are better.

If you are raiding, just go sm/ruin with the imp.

No management is needed other than placing the imp close to the tank or melee.

If that is too much pet management, then a warlock seems like a bad choice for you.

Or just simply go Ds/ruin. No point being affliction anyways if you are not going to provide an imp

You can literally just have your imp next to you, then demand being put in the mage group because the squishy mages need the health to survive.

Any raid leader worth half a salt will still put you with melee, but we were lucky to have a boomkin in our raid, so I got to sit with a boomkin, our second DPS capable warlock and 2 mages, life was easy!

Imp has 30 yard range IIRC, so not like you'll have to care about it in ~50% of the cases besides clicking a button (stay on tank spot for the entire fight).

On 12/24/2016 at 3:12 AM, Roxy said:

If you are raiding, just go sm/ruin with the imp.

No management is needed other than placing the imp close to the tank or melee.

If that is too much pet management, then a warlock seems like a bad choice for you.

Or just simply go Ds/ruin. No point being affliction anyways if you are not going to provide an imp

The problem with this is IDEALLY you would only want a single SM/Ruin Warlock in your raid. Any more and they take up very valuable debuff slots. DS/Ruin has the benefit of doing more damage than SM/Ruin, but lacks the versatility for solo or PvP play.

to maximize effectiveness, all locks should be DS/Ruin. we run 4 + a shaman for tranquil air in a group

sm/ruin suffers because of lack of debuff slots for CoR and CoA/CoDoom

15 hours ago, Xashe said:

to maximize effectiveness, all locks should be DS/Ruin. we run 4 + a shaman for tranquil air in a group

sm/ruin suffers because of lack of debuff slots for CoR and CoA/CoDoom

Not sure how that would translate to the Alliance side (which is what I have exclusively played), hence my above statement. I could be wrong, that is just how my guilds have often done it. The SM/Ruin Warlock was put into the tank group so that they may benefit from the Imp Blood Pact buff.

Edited by Bioness

Controlling pets is easy once you get the hang of it. Just keep your pet on passive and use the default attack/return/stay keybinds. 

On 09/01/2017 at 6:38 AM, Bioness said:

Not sure how that would translate to the Alliance side (which is what I have exclusively played), hence my above statement. I could be wrong, that is just how my guilds have often done it. The SM/Ruin Warlock was put into the tank group so that they may benefit from the Imp Blood Pact buff.

You can't have Improved Blood Pact as SM/Ruin (30/0/21).

On 1/10/2017 at 9:56 PM, Light said:

You can't have Improved Blood Pact as SM/Ruin (30/0/21).

I meant Imp as in Imp the demon, not improved. I guess I should have said "Imp's Blood Pact", but whatever.

Edited by Bioness

On 13/01/2017 at 2:24 AM, Bioness said:

I meant Imp as in Imp the demon, not improved. I guess I should have said "Imp's Blood Pact", but whatever.

Oh.. right. But it does seem like a lot of people believe it's possible to have improved blood pact but it's not. The only way to have it is by going DS/Ruin or MD/Ruin at which point you're gimping your dps pretty significantly. I've seen a lot of raidleaders not understanding this -.-

3 hours ago, Light said:

Oh.. right. But it does seem like a lot of people believe it's possible to have improved blood pact but it's not. The only way to have it is by going DS/Ruin or MD/Ruin at which point you're gimping your dps pretty significantly. I've seen a lot of raidleaders not understanding this -.-

If a raid leader doesn't then it is up to the class/role officers to properly inform them, that is what they exist for. It is not expected for a single person to know everything.