Sign in to follow this  
whitenoise

Healing Priest pvp spec?

Hey all, just wondering what the preferred spec would be for a priest healing in BG's? I played a Rogue in Classic, but have been healing since WotLK, which is what I prefer to do these days. 

Any insight, tips, etc would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#bxMGsAqoobxtcc I don't think the damage reduction talents in Holy are needed at all.  In BGs you should be hanging back, your teammates should be peeling attackers off of you, and you have other means to keep yourself alive.  PI is great in BGs.

You could also do something like http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#bxMusVVZbxtcs0q for pvp since Spirit of Redemption will give you 10 more seconds of healing after getting killed.

For PvP I wouldn't advise using PI, atleast not on a BWL Patch (it's too early to be any efficient on a caster yet). This is the build I'm currently using for 5-man raiding a bit but mainly AoE farming: http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#bVMGsAVoobxtccZo

Blessed recovery is complete crap, and so is Force of Will. Why ? Because healing up to 25% of a crit, let say you take a 1k crit, you're going to take 6seconds to get what, 250 HP ? It's awful, and about Force of Will, well 5% more damage and offensive spell crit (Smite/Holy Nova-damaging/Mind Blast) is quite a waste of points.

Spirit of Redemption is awesome, when you get drained to oom or just run normally out of mana, you can suicide by just running into the ennemies, and they'll most likely kill you except if they are a clever premade. Then when you die, you have 10 seconds of free flash healing and you can even apply one or more Renew to prevent incoming damage or heal your mates. Also, if you're using an Add-On that gives you the Res timer of Graveyards, you can cancel Spirit of Redemption and get instantly ressed and come back full health and mana.

Of course saying one talent tree is purely better than another depends of your game style and what you personally prefer.

This is the build I would run in Battlegrounds as a team-healer (rather than duels and solo outdoor pvp) :

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#bxMrsV0oZdxtcc0ax

You can also go for only 1 Point into Fortitude buff and put it into the Imp. shield, as Fort buff get dispelled a lot and you barely only use it at the beginning of the BG as it cost a lot of mana. Wouldn't advise not putting 2 points if you also PvE with your priest, though.

As for Spiritual Healing, you can change it for Mental Strength (+10% mana), once again it depends on your game style and experiences.

Also note that you might want to have 1/5 Point in Spirit Tap rather than +2% Heal (or +2% Mana depending on your precedent choice) if you're planning on to AoE farm like I do (DM:E, for dem goldz), it helps a lot.

Peace

Edited by Lawinn

imp healing,divine fury, r mostly useless in pvp, u bearly cast it out. 2.5 sec means ur healing target is dead already. 

when urself is under attack, only thing u do is swarp flash heal.

put 5 points on spell warding, very useful in solo fight.

On 12/29/2016 at 3:46 PM, Gardash said:

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#bxMGsAqoobxtcc I don't think the damage reduction talents in Holy are needed at all.  In BGs you should be hanging back, your teammates should be peeling attackers off of you, and you have other means to keep yourself alive.

No offense but it doesn't sound like you've done much PVPing as a healer. If you're facing semi-competent opponents, most of your time will be spent simply trying to keep yourself alive, as you're usually the first focus target. Hiding in a bush or behind a hill only works against pugs (sometimes). 5/5 spell warding and 2/2 imp mana burn are mandatory (if you're not healing/dispelling you should be draining their healer's mana). Blessed recovery is useful because it's almost always going to be triggered in battle. Even if the ticks are small, you end up with an extra few hundred HP. Divine spirit is dubious, as battles usually don't last long enough to justify the small increase in mana regen.

On 4/5/2017 at 5:54 PM, Jcus said:

No offense but it doesn't sound like you've done much PVPing as a healer. If you're facing semi-competent opponents, most of your time will be spent simply trying to keep yourself alive, as you're usually the first focus target. Hiding in a bush or behind a hill only works against pugs (sometimes). 5/5 spell warding and 2/2 imp mana burn are mandatory (if you're not healing/dispelling you should be draining their healer's mana). Blessed recovery is useful because it's almost always going to be triggered in battle. Even if the ticks are small, you end up with an extra few hundred HP. Divine spirit is dubious, as battles usually don't last long enough to justify the small increase in mana regen.

What's your build then?