derpilyderp

The amount of politics in general chat is getting out of hand.

I have honestly never experienced something like this before.

Since release a few days ago /2 and in particular /1 chat is being flooded with "discussions" (actually it doesnt deserve being called discussion) about politics. The topic is always the same, Trump is the best person on earth and Refugees arent humans and need to be gased. I'm really tired of all that racism coming from anonymous people hiding behind their desks. Yesterday I asked a russian mage for a portal and he told me "Only if I give him the right awnser on the following question: what do you think about refugees". I did not respond.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no lefty or "do-gooder" or what ever it is called in english.

I just don't want to talk neither read about politics the whole day. I'm here to play world of warcraft, vanilla world of warcraft. And I'am so happy that I finally get the opportunity to play it once again.

Please restrict any talks about politics in public channels. Please. It is so annoying and getting out of hand.

by the majority

Don't like it? Leave the channel.

But it is a channel where you should talk world of warcraft/zone related stuff.

It's not the politics or racist channel.

Freedom of speech. I am very sorry but, people's personal choises or beliefs is what makes our socity what it is and unfortunately MMOs serve as a general discussion site. I understand you Frustration. Try to look beyond the newspaper talks and choose who to talk to wisely before getting all salty.

Just spam Thunderfury in the chat and watch as they leave for another channel, works every single time.

EDIT: But no yeah, the community being фекал is pretty much one of the worst things you could have in a Vanilla server, as the major part of Vanilla itself was based around not having a garbage community.

Edited by GoForTheMoon

Refugees arent humans and need to be gased.

This is racism , screenshot the poster and report to gm's .  He will eat the deserved Ban.

/Kind regards Killerduki

Freedom of speech. I am very sorry but, people's personal choises or beliefs is what makes our socity what it is and unfortunately MMOs serve as a general discussion site. I understand you Frustration. Try to look beyond the newspaper talks and choose who to talk to wisely before getting all salty.

Ah okay, I never understood the american concept of freedom of speech, either do I know why american law applies on a server located in france.

So saying "fk all russians", "gas all russians" and "nuke russia" frequently is okay?

I will try to adapt your suggestion. Thank you alot sir!

Edited by derpilyderp

Ah okay, I never understood the american concept of freedom of speech, either do I know why american law applies on a server located in france.

So saying "fk all russians", "gas all russians" and "nuke russia" frequently is okay?

I will try to adapt your suggestion. Thank you alot sir!

First. Freedom speech is something inherently desired by most people in the world.

Second unfortunately English is the eide spread internet language.

Third. Just because I speak english does not mean I am American actually I am Portuguese.

Forth. Nothing gives the right to speak about anerican people in general regarding political policies implemented without the general people's regard.

Yours truly Shakgrot

First. Freedom speech is something inherently desired by most people in the world.

Second unfortunately English is the eide spread internet language.

Third. Just because I speak english does not mean I am American actually I am Portuguese.

Forth. Nothing gives the right to speak about anerican people in general regarding political policies implemented without the general people's regard.

Yours truly Shakgrot

So since freedom of speech applies everywhere I could also post new threads on this general board where I state that according to my personal opinion all portuguese people should be exterminated?

The comment about gasing refugees... this is  very unfortunate, but no, this is not racism. No even xenophobia.

Refugees aren't a race (I won't go down on this topic about races, ethnics, etc). You can call someone a moron for disliking ~ refugees ~ but you certainly needs serious help if you think this is racism.

I'm sorry the world isn't the same it was back in 2004, you're playing WoW Vanilla in 2016 not in 2004. People are being killed by terrorists that are disguised as "refugees". "Refugees" are raping women in Germany as they did in last new year's eve, are mass murdering people, and still people like you, the "political correctness", are sorta "OMG he wants to gas refugees" while they are ACTUALLY KILLING PEOPLE. You may not know what is happening in Europe RIGHT NOW, but when you do realize it will be too late for you.

Anyone here that dislike what someone is saying, just do yourself a favor: ignore this person. Your issue is resolved. Now if you think you're the internet paladin, take your time to come and report to admins, but really, don't try to make the game channels a dictatorship like China where you have to have approved anything before going public. Enjoy your freedom while you still have it, and if you overstay your welcome, be sure that the community will end up taking you out.

Many here seem to misunderstand me.

I don't care about anyones opinion (as long as it is an opinion and not hate speech/racism)

It's just a misuse of the general chat.

When I read the pvp forums I also don't want to hear lectures why trump and putin are the saviour of the world and/or refugees are bad.

Go and comment beneath youtube videos if you feel like you have to release your inner hate/dissatisfaction with your own life/anxiety from foreign people or found your own the_downald channel in world of warcraft. It is not me who has to leave the chat.

Edited by derpilyderp

I feel like general chat is the perfect place to discuss real life. Its general chat, not WoW chat.

Of course, you have the right to your own opinion but unfortunately, your opinion shouldn't take away the rights of others.

I completely agree with op. World chat in wow has always been cancer. I've been in many games where gms mod the chat for trolls and honestly it makes the community better as a whole.

Started playing on kronos a month ago and i was shocked how toxic global chat was. The kind of stuff rubs off on a community. I myself started to to notice myself acting semi toxic. And i'm a nice guy who's trolling days are long gone.

That freedom of speech talk is complete bs. It's never ok to be a bully or a racist or making death threats. Using freedom of speech as an excuse is a way of justifying being a troll.

I agree, I would like to see the channel being used for in game things, but the thing about wow is the social thing. We speak about everything in our lives and in the last years political has been a topic that most people are concerned. And don't forget the memes.

If you think that freedom of speak is not an excuse to be a troll, then you agree with being censored/monitored to be a good person? I think you should go China then. There the government will be aware of everything you do and take proper actions.

You either embrace freedom or you die without it.

I must be a freedom hater! Next stop north korea!

My friends Stand-up and defend or lay down and die. Hate speech and harassement are used to channel aggressive behaviour that otherwise could be used outside physically. I welcome any troll but, I ignore them. Mental frustration is not handled equally by everybody. Not everyone has the same memtal disposition for healthy output of energy. Freedom of speech is that. Speech. Yours truly Shakgrot

I agree, I would like to see the channel being used for in game things, but the thing about wow is the social thing. We speak about everything in our lives and in the last years political has been a topic that most people are concerned. And don't forget the memes.

If you think that freedom of speak is not an excuse to be a troll, then you agree with being censored/monitored to be a good person? I think you should go China then. There the government will be aware of everything you do and take proper actions.

You either embrace freedom or you die without it.

I can really understand your point, yet I would welcome/appreciate clear rules of actions regarding chat-behaviour as it is stated that you must only talk english in public chats. That is, no insulting, no racism/hate speech. And obviously punishment to be enforced when it comes to violations.

Edited by derpilyderp

Since release a few days ago /2 and in particular /1 chat is being flooded with "discussions" (actually it doesnt deserve being called discussion) about politics. The topic is always the same, Trump is the best person on earth and Refugees arent humans and need to be gased. I'm really tired of all that racism coming from anonymous people hiding behind their desks. Yesterday I asked a russian mage for a portal and he told me "Only if I give him the right awnser on the following question: what do you think about refugees". I did not respond.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no lefty or "do-gooder" or what ever it is called in english.

I just don't want to talk neither read about politics the whole day. I'm here to play world of warcraft, vanilla world of warcraft. And I'am so happy that I finally get the opportunity to play it once again.

Please restrict any talks about politics in public channels. Please. It is so annoying and getting out of hand.

by the majority

You're no lefty? LOL ваууing liar. The way you type screams anti-white Trump hating SJW. If you don't like free speech, leave chat.

You're no lefty? LOL ваууing liar. The way you type screams anti-white Trump hating SJW. If you don't like free speech, leave chat.

Except a Private WoW Server doesn't abide by "free speech". That, and it's specifically against Elysium's T&Cs.

B. Interacting with players and staff

Communicating in-game with other users and staff members, whether by text or any other method, is a fundamental element of the Game. The following rules are not intended to be exhaustive. Elysium staff may use their discretion to decide what may break these rules.

When communicating with other users and staff, you may not:

• Communicate any unlawful, obscene, racist or any such language and/or imagery deemed inappropriate by Elysium staff.

Then dont read chat and play the game instead.  And the reason why there's more politics now is because people are starting to wake up and care about things that are actually important instead of being brainless morons who focus on nothing but football.  Even though we still play WoW. 

Repeatedly spewing out comments people have heard on Reddit and 4chan is hardly "waking up and starting to care." People just continuously spam the same garbage and an effort to get a rise out of people. It's sad. It's not important at all. The OP is right. 

Except a Private WoW Server doesn't abide by "free speech". That, and it's specifically against Elysium's T&Cs.

B. Interacting with players and staff

Communicating in-game with other users and staff members, whether by text or any other method, is a fundamental element of the Game. The following rules are not intended to be exhaustive. Elysium staff may use their discretion to decide what may break these rules.

When communicating with other users and staff, you may not:

• Communicate any unlawful, obscene, racist or any such language and/or imagery deemed inappropriate by Elysium staff.

Apparently this server is run by a bunch of cucks.

On Kronos they don't ban anyone for typing out opinions that some delicate flower SJWs can't handle. If you can't handle reading an opinion that goes against yours, MUTE THE PERSON. What is hard about this?

by the majority

The main problem is that they aren't even talking about "politics", 90% of them are just meme kids who think that's actually funny and repeat the same shiit over and over again until it loses all meaning. In fact it has nothing to do with politics and the few who get baited into a discussion only make it worse. Either ignore the autistic bunch that talks in internet memes instead of a real human language or leave the channel (unfortunately). But the more attention you give them the more they will meme, they crave for the attention their parents never gave them.

P.S. Also if you see someone promoting actually hate speech report him, that's something entirely different.

Edited by Xaelum

The main problem is that they aren't even talking about "politics", 90% of them are just meme kids who think that's actually funny and repeat the same shiit over and over again until it loses all meaning. In fact it has nothing to do with politics and the few who get baited into a discussion only make it worse. Either ignore the autistic bunch that talks in internet memes instead of a real human language or leave the channel (unfortunately). But the more attention you give them the more they will meme, they crave for the attention their parents never gave them.

P.S. Also if you see someone promoting actually hate speech report him, that's something entirely different.

And what would hate speech be? Anything your SJW virgin ears deem to be "not nice"? How about if someone posted the differences in crime rates between races. Those are just numbers and statistics. Numbers can't be racist. Would that be considered "hate speech"? Throughout many countries in Europe, their insane laws say yes. This is why you're seeing the phenomenon of BREXIT, Trump, Le Pen, and the right wing leading polls in Germany. The entire western world is sick of leftist SJW bullshit.