Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jekylll

Are drood that bad?

Recommended Posts

Hi guys,

I created my char thinking I'd have fun playing druid in PvP because I thought shapeshifting was really great and versatile in BGs, but while I'm leveling I'm hearing more and more that druid is a bad class to pvp.

 

So what do you think about that? What spec do you think I should play? Should I first do some PVE? The thing is nobody want a drood in a raid if it's not a heal...

 

I heard about this half heal half balance but I'm not sure. Any pieces of advise would be appreciated, sorry to bother you guys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Druids can do all roles decently, but they arent awesome at any.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Druids are a ton of fun, don't listen to randoms. Feral struggles to be useful in group pvp, that is why they get a bad rep, in prem v prem they are not useful unless you have some super bear fc tank. In 1v1s however, they are really good. Balance is still not great for group pvp, but it can work. They are just a worse mage because no silence, only cc is roots, a chance to stun with starfire, bash, and feral charge if its specd. It can work in 1v1 against some players/classes (mage easiest), but the kit is really clunky compared to other casters that have more intuitive playstyles. If you want to know more about raiding, head to the druid subforum here or on feenix, theres tons of good info on feral/balance raiding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Droods have highest skill cap in the game with form-switching.

So you need to be a good player if u want to be a good druid.

If you re not,you can dodge every fight with travel form.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Btw,you spit on mage's roots-poly, and block rogue vanish with Faerie fire. So you re a nightmare for 75% of metagame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/12/2016 at 11:12 AM, Rafale said:

Droods have highest skill cap in the game with form-switching.

So you need to be a good player if u want to be a good druid.

If you re not,you can dodge every fight with travel form.

Going for travel form then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, Druids are actually one of the best and most versatile PvP classes.

 

You can shred clothies pretty easily, and /lol at Mages who try to kite you. You can outlast melee damage with your heals, keep them away with Roots, etc.

 

Druid is really good in PvP, just has a pretty high skill cap because you have a mother ваууton of spells AND shapeshift forms to handle. Druid is pretty much the most complex class in the game, when it comes to PvP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After i played a druid to rank 10 i quit and told everybody that druids are really bad.

Then i watched Finalflash´s videos and realized that it was just me that sucked.

I guess everybody has its own best class to play.

Druid was definitely not my class so i chose another one.

Playing a druid is very difficult but if you master it, you´ll be the burner i guess!

Edited by Zappa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is my favorite lvl 60 pvp build:

http://wowsamurai.mygamesonline.org/talentcalculator/?talent=11215875_11_841c5030024g502301k5542010031e

It really is the most versatile build, and has something to counter every opposing class.

This build requires that you have good end-game gear and are not mana starved.  If you don't have the gear, you can put points into Tranquil Spirit instead of Improved Enrage and Nature's Focus and use rank 3 Healing Touch a lot.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Druids aren't bad, but they somewhat lack the utility of the other healing classes. Their utility is more aimed at PvE, particularly with Rebirth and the way their healing works (spamming small, cheap but not very fast heals). They're the best flag carriers for WSG, and they're serviceable enough as general healers but not really ideal due to the lack of cleanse, hard CC, and useful buffs. They're good at surviving against melee but only in a kind of timewasting way as you don't really do anything at all in bear form while wearing healing gear. Travel form is quite good for escaping Hamstring, and root is useful against melees. Their tools for supporting others is limited, though.

Edited by Larsen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/01/2017 at 2:29 PM, Moloko said:

Here is my favorite lvl 60 pvp build:

http://wowsamurai.mygamesonline.org/talentcalculator/?talent=11215875_11_841c5030024g502301k5542010031e

It really is the most versatile build, and has something to counter every opposing class.

This build requires that you have good end-game gear and are not mana starved.  If you don't have the gear, you can put points into Tranquil Spirit instead of Improved Enrage and Nature's Focus and use rank 3 Healing Touch a lot.

 

Thank you Moloko for answering my question ! When you talk about end-game gear, what are yo suggesting? I was thinking about 5 parts T2 and 3 parts of the blue pvp set to get both bonus. What do you think about that?

Also, do you think this build would be ok to carry the flag?

Thx again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You'll need 4 pieces of the blue pvp set to get the speed bonus (which is one of the best druid bonuses in the game), unless you want to farm out rank 13 to get the epic pvp set, in which case you only need 3 pieces for the bonus.  Mixing the pvp sets with the T2 or AQ40 Genesis set would work quite well.

This is not a flag carry specific build, but it works just fine for flag carrying because of the bear charge and the NS big heal.  

 

If you wanted a spec made specifically for flag-carrying only, you could try something like this:

http://wowsamurai.mygamesonline.org/talentcalculator/?talent=11215875_11_8014d3k502401j0555c105315001

 

Another thing I should mention.  As a hybrid class, you can and should macro weapon and idol changes after each shape-shift.  You can go as far as having a macro that changes between healing and damage weapons/idols ahead of each heal or damage spell you cast as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think druids are bad.  I imagine though, that your best bet would be to focus on what makes the Druid so unique, versatility. Choose a hybrid spec, and focus either on doing ranged damage while keeping yourself and others alive, or assisting rogues in melee situations and being a great back up tank when the need arises. The only problem with this of course is that you wouldn't be as useful in raids, and no dual spec in vanilla. If you were going to pvp with a Druid, you would need to be a pvp focused character, or commit to spending lots of gold on respecs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Attirb said:

I don't think druids are bad.  I imagine though, that your best bet would be to focus on what makes the Druid so unique, versatility. Choose a hybrid spec, and focus either on doing ranged damage while keeping yourself and others alive, or assisting rogues in melee situations and being a great back up tank when the need arises. The only problem with this of course is that you wouldn't be as useful in raids, and no dual spec in vanilla. If you were going to pvp with a Druid, you would need to be a pvp focused character, or commit to spending lots of gold on respecs.

Or I can first stay focus on raids and then when I've got enough gear I switch to only pvp !

4 hours ago, Moloko said:

You'll need 4 pieces of the blue pvp set to get the speed bonus (which is one of the best druid bonuses in the game), unless you want to farm out rank 13 to get the epic pvp set, in which case you only need 3 pieces for the bonus.  Mixing the pvp sets with the T2 or AQ40 Genesis set would work quite well.

This is not a flag carry specific build, but it works just fine for flag carrying because of the bear charge and the NS big heal.  

 

If you wanted a spec made specifically for flag-carrying only, you could try something like this:

http://wowsamurai.mygamesonline.org/talentcalculator/?talent=11215875_11_8014d3k502401j0555c105315001

 

Another thing I should mention.  As a hybrid class, you can and should macro weapon and idol changes after each shape-shift.  You can go as far as having a macro that changes between healing and damage weapons/idols ahead of each heal or damage spell you cast as well.

Thank you so much for your insight and the build, you da real MVP ! Another drood told me about being ready to use itemrack quite often.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×