Alexensual

How to block all gold selling spam and channel invites (Very easy process)

On 12/27/2016 at 2:47 PM, Gehere said:

I installed OP's version.

However, I can't get it to filter out WVW and WWW.G4 messages.    They slip past the filter, no matter what I do/type.

What do I seem to miss?

This, I cannot block this message at all......

I'm not too surprised if blocks aren't working. These creeps try all sorts of tricks to get around that. Something needs to be done by the administration. I saw that there has been a problem with account hacks, and the spammers seem to be using legitimate characters to do their spamming, which has me wondering whether they're also using compromised accounts. Recent examples include characters called:

Krimos

Strickylol

Imadb

Garradon (level 60!)

Now I just wish the Admins I've messaged would get back to me XD. Gold spammers be spamming me non stop - I don't think a permanent ban is necessary. 

This is catching a lot of legit comments in chat. I'd suggest typing /st to open the config and unchecking "Fuzzy filter messages" and checking "Color messages rather than hiding", and reducing the "Message Gapping" to something like 10-30 seconds.

On 12/29/2016 at 1:19 AM, Trajor said:

Hey all, DON'T do what I did, and that was this:   Add a new filter word to the list, then send tells to a friend to test that new filtered word.  I sent a few whispers to one person to test SpamThrottle settings and now I can't whisper to anyone, nor can I talk in guild.

Is there a fix to this? I tried testing the mod by whispering from a bank alt account to another and now the bank alt or any characters on that account can't even type in /say. Switching the account to the pve realm worked with a new character but even after deleting WTD/WTF the whole account is still affected on the pvp realm.

Well I think I found out the reason and it wasn't the addon so that's good. Pretty sure the account was just auto globally muted because I just made a lvl 1 test character on the pve realm for one of my accounts and tried typing "g4wow" in /say because you can't whisper at level 1, and as soon as I hit enter the message didn't pop up and now that account is also I'm assuming globally muted.

edit - only an hour chatban it seems but still, pretty hardcore, I'm surprised these lvl 17s that I'm seeing spamming goldselling ads are still around.

WoWScrnShot_123116_155334.jpg

Edited by ccsolembum

They are getting around my spamthrottle also. doing multiple msg splits where I'd have to ban like G4 and WOW to catch them which would pretty well screw over legit chat.

Now they're inviting to guilds with website names contained in the guild.  I see no UI option to block guild invites.

14 hours ago, laytya said:

SpamThrottle

1.12c:

• Added WIM support (by laytya)
  • Added "invite to channel" spam block (by Sqoops)
  • Added Multi-line spam block (by EvilSanta)

1.12d:

• More compatible WIM support w/ multi-line

Downloads

https://github.com/laytya/SpamThrottle/releases/tag/1.12d

Is this updated addon from the 1st page? I have a WIM so maybe cuz of that i still get the wispers? 

I'm a bit confused on something...Channel invites I'm not sure if that's what I'm getting or not ,cause I don't know how to recognize a channel Invite ,but what I'm getting is what appears to be your regular "group invites" where instead of a "player name" invites you to join him/her it's "gold selling message" invites you to join him/her is this the  "channel " invites some people refer to ? I'm not sure cause I don't think I'm being invited to any channel ,just that particular person which name happens to be "gold selling ad" 

To all the players that use WIM (wow instant messenger), be sure to download the latest version of spamthrottle.

Haven't had a single whisper (from gold sellers) for the last couple of sessions 

Edited by Syff

1 hour ago, Syff said:

To all the players that use WIM (wow instant messenger), be sure to download the latest version of spamthrottle.

Haven't had a single whisper (from gold sellers) for the last couple of sessions 

Can u provide a link?