Sign in to follow this  
Mimma

The theme is awfull, part 2

So once again the theme changed, and we are now left with white, grey and dark colours on a monitor able to display 16.7 million colours.

Even the pages on Elysium renders like sh*t - care to read the rules for example - these are written with black font on dark grey background!

https://forum.elysium-project.org/topic/21966-terms-of-use-rules-regulations/

And if you at least want the have this theme in the list, then please allow us to have options to pick alternate themes, as we cound until a couple of hours ago.

I wish they would just use the theme and layout of the old Nost forum. Much better looking and better organized than the one here.

1 hour ago, Athena said:

Using the old stylesheets. Chrome ftw.

Sorry i'm not forum savvy. Does this mean I need Chrome to do it specificaly? Is it doable on Firefox? Does the browser I use even matter?

1 hour ago, Athena said:

If it has a CSS override plugin it should work.

Can you post the CSS and put up a noob guide for us non-techies? (Well, I should'nt call muself a non-techie; I've been working with SQL, C#, C/C++ and other backend stuff almost 20 years - but browsers isn't my speciality ;-)

2 hours ago, Shayss said:

Does this mean I need Chrome to do it specificaly?

No, you can do it with Firefox. Style editor is under Tools > Web Developer. You will need the old Style sheet though. If you want to hardcode it so it always displays you will need to add it as a userContent.css for this domain specifically.

Open up your profiles folder which is found under appdata > mozilla > firefox > profiles. Open up or create the Chrome folder. Drop the userContent.css (the old style sheet) in here. Append @-moz-document(forum.elysium-project.org) to the top of the document and save. This should display said style sheet for this domain only. 

I've just made an account to comment on this. Here is pleasant to the eye colour of the old Elysium forum. It was so good, I made a screenshot. And now we are stuck with this horrible black goo. Why?

[By the way, don't you happen to know the script they used in that screenshot? It's magnificent!]

Still better than the brown garbage of Nostalrius, however.

Edited by Adûnâi