Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
AciDTRiP

Roll on Nost now or wait for new server

Recommended Posts

If you have to ask, go to the new server.  FFS, can you nauseating millennials make any decisions for yourselves without validation of your choices from total strangers?

Edited by Jeddite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you want to go PvP, wait for the new server, otherwise go on the existing PvE one since there won't be a new PvE server.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jeddite said:

If you have to ask, go to the new server.  FFS, can you nauseating millennials make any decisions for yourselves without validation of your choices from total strangers?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i would recomend the new Server, i understand it can be daunting looking at the timelines of the other servers, thinking about having to catch up and lot of people have already cleared the content. 

Short Answer: wait for the 7th. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, franksmiless said:

i would recomend the new Server, i understand it can be daunting looking at the timelines of the other servers, thinking about having to catch up and lot of people have already cleared the content. 

Short Answer: wait for the 7th. 

1-2 week to lvl from 1-60, 1 week to get preraid. Apply in raiding guild. So your point is irrelevant. You can try out magical source called Google to get all information you need about your class/gear/addons. What u gonna experience on fresh is pure pain. I bet it will take some people 1-2 hrs to hit lvl 2 on the first day, 20 hrs to get lvl 10. First 2 months you wont enjoy lvling. For the next 6 months you will have mc and ony only, after clearing it in one day there is nothing to do all week long. Unless you join casual pve guild which will clear mc in 2 raiding days 8 hrs combined.

Edited by Uglyaf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Uglyaf said:

1-2 week to lvl from 1-60, 1 week to get preraid. Apply in raiding guild. So your point is irrelevant. You can try out magical source called Google to get all information you need about your class/gear/addons. What u gonna experience on fresh is pure pain. I bet it will take some people 1-2 hrs to hit lvl 2 on the first day, 20 hrs to get lvl 10. First 2 months you wont enjoy lvling. For the next 6 months you will have mc and ony only, after clearing it in one day there is nothing to do all week long. Unless you join casual pve guild which will clear mc in 2 raiding days 8 hrs combined.

Yeah, nothing to do. Nothing like farming consumables and other prep. Nothing like making alts or a alt raids. Absolutely NO mass PvP either. 

You heard it here boys! This Uglyaf knows what he is talking about!

kek.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Uglyaf said:

1-2 week to lvl from 1-60, 1 week to get preraid. Apply in raiding guild. So your point is irrelevant. You can try out magical source called Google to get all information you need about your class/gear/addons. What u gonna experience on fresh is pure pain. I bet it will take some people 1-2 hrs to hit lvl 2 on the first day, 20 hrs to get lvl 10. First 2 months you wont enjoy lvling. For the next 6 months you will have mc and ony only, after clearing it in one day there is nothing to do all week long. Unless you join casual pve guild which will clear mc in 2 raiding days 8 hrs combined.

 3 weeks for starting raiding? yeah... like everyone have so many time like you... thats dont make the point irrelevant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Shayss said:

Yeah, nothing to do. Nothing like farming consumables and other prep. Nothing like making alts or a alt raids. Absolutely NO mass PvP either. 

You heard it here boys! This Uglyaf knows what he is talking about!

kek.

What do u call mass pvp? 10 backpedaling clickers killing lvl 20s in low lvl locations? Should be exciting. Majority of normal players who has family or work will barely hit lvl 60 in 3 months, they wont bother lvling another one.  After getting consumes for 2-3 months of raiding what you gonna do? w/e idc enough to argue about this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand all the worries related to this subject. But I have to be honest, people, I urge you to stop for a moment and think in this line of thought:

A fresh server gives old veterans an opportunity to refresh their long time in an frozen server with no more progression (even though in this case, like Blizzard or a server opts to move to the next expansion). And also gives the feeling for new players to the game that everything is equal.

When you decide to play in any Retail server from any kind of MMO the progression started long time ago, and other expansions are already gone. In this case you are already behind everyone. There no chance to relive or live what was already lived. But it is not a reason to not start to play a game which arouses your interest.

If you play on old Nolstarius servers you will always start behind if you put yourselve in this negative egocentric perspective. If you are the best or want to be the best you will work for it no matter what (because you are "the best").

In the Wrath of the Lich King expansion, when Achievements were introduced "Feats of Strenght" were accomplishments that only people coming from Vanilla would be able to get. This created a certain mystery and legacy. Heroes arise and fall. So is the story of every society (even an MMO society).

I love vanilla, but i never had the chance to live through the Gates of Ahn´Qiraj for this simple reason: I could not just give up on my character that took me hours to build for the sake of "starting fresh". Which in my opinion is a very superficial reason.

If you want to be a legend and leave a legacy then advice you:

Born in this world live in your time and try to be the best of your time and make old heroes acknowledge your presence.

 

Yours Truly Shakgrot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally i feel a bit reluctant to continue playing on the current PvP since i know i want to start fresh. It's only a week away so i have conflicting feelings over what to do. :/

Edited by hdnine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jeddite said:

If you have to ask, go to the new server.  FFS, can you nauseating millennials make any decisions for yourselves without validation of your choices from total strangers?

Hoping everyone like this stays on the old server. This is where the toxicity comes from on these forums.

Just an FYI to all Baby Boomers calling someone a "millennial" isn't offensive btw..

Anyways, OP, you seem impatient and excited to play but don't want to wait, so play on both servers. The fresh server is gonna be hell for the first few weeks, almost impossible to level and massive queue lines so having a back up character on another server would be beneficial for that reason. 

Edited by Rikud

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Rikud said:

Hoping everyone like this stays on the old server. This is where the toxicity comes from on these forums.

Just an FYI to all Baby Boomers calling someone a "millennial" isn't offensive btw, all of us would much rather be a millennial than an over weight old af man, still playing video games. 

Try and remember that those overweight AF Boomers invented video games and that GenXers evolved them.  I am sure Millennials will take the torch and run with it.  Not sure your derogatory comments about folks who still play video games carries any weight in a video game forum dedicated to resurrecting a decade old game.  Are you ashamed of playing video games and feel that its just some sort of passing phase you are in?  As an Xer, I started with Pong and never stopped.  Now its VR and I think watching the ridiculous creativity of the gaming community is going to be a lifelong hobby.  Making fun of people who still play video games is kinda of sad on a gaming forum, man.  While I don't condone generational stereotypes and divides, your comments fall right in line with the millennial stereotype.  If you like playing games now, get ready to never stop.  None of my friends have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe start a toon on PVE so you have one established (should you ever want to pursue the pve path) and then when the fresh server comes out you can hope over there.  That's what I'm doing.   I'll be rolling Alliance on the fresh server, so I set up a horde toon on the pve to kill time in the meantime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, crixt said:

Try and remember that those overweight AF Boomers invented video games and that GenXers evolved them.  I am sure Millennials will take the torch and run with it.  Not sure your derogatory comments about folks who still play video games carries any weight in a video game forum dedicated to resurrecting a decade old game.  Are you ashamed of playing video games and feel that its just some sort of passing phase you are in?  As an Xer, I started with Pong and never stopped.  Now its VR and I think watching the ridiculous creativity of the gaming community is going to be a lifelong hobby.  Making fun of people who still play video games is kinda of sad on a gaming forum, man.  While I don't condone generational stereotypes and divides, your comments fall right in line with the millennial stereotype.  If you like playing games now, get ready to never stop.  None of my friends have.

I agree, I stand corrected and I take back what I said. They started something, xers "re-invented" it, millennials perfected it.

Just getting really annoyed of the "millennial" comments I consistently see people saying on these forums. Yet they don't realize they were the ones who procreated us, but as we were children they deprived us from natural resources.

 

Edited by Rikud

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hdnine said:

Personally i feel a bit reluctant to continue playing on the current PvP since i know i want to start fresh. It's only a week away so i have conflicting feelings over what to do. :/

Same here. But I used the time so far to try out different classes/races I usally never play. for example, I have been qesting for the first time in silverpine forest :D
The last week I will enjoy some sleep at night, which will be lost on release ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello - new here. Just started playing the PvP server with my brother and girlfriend. There is a new server coming out? Can I get some news/info on this? Or some sources? If there is a new server, I am definitely going to wait for that.

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Shiamorah said:

Hello - new here. Just started playing the PvP server with my brother and girlfriend. There is a new server coming out? Can I get some news/info on this? Or some sources? If there is a new server, I am definitely going to wait for that.

 

Thanks!

Start next saturday

https://forum.elysium-project.org/topic/27417-elysium-pvp-realm-official-release-date

 

Edited by Wirago

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Uglyaf said:

1-2 week to lvl from 1-60, 1 week to get preraid. Apply in raiding guild. So your point is irrelevant. You can try out magical source called Google to get all information you need about your class/gear/addons. What u gonna experience on fresh is pure pain. I bet it will take some people 1-2 hrs to hit lvl 2 on the first day, 20 hrs to get lvl 10. First 2 months you wont enjoy lvling. For the next 6 months you will have mc and ony only, after clearing it in one day there is nothing to do all week long. Unless you join casual pve guild which will clear mc in 2 raiding days 8 hrs combined.

Pretty sure I'll hit 60 and be in preraid bis on the new server a month in at the latest, and since itemization is dog shit, I'll be pretty much be in bis gear for months = months of pvp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Rikud said:

Just getting really annoyed of the "millennial" comments I consistently see people saying on these forums. Yet they don't realize they were the ones who procreated us, but as we were children they deprived us from natural resources.

 

Crying about :meanwords: on the internet -- how typically millennial of you, millennial.

Feel free to try to take back those "natural resources" that you were "deprived" of.  :3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Jeddite said:

If you have to ask, go to the new server.  FFS, can you nauseating millennials make any decisions for yourselves without validation of your choices from total strangers?

The fuck does it have to do with being a millennial, might I ask?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×