Titousky

A week off work for the launch?

Hi,

I plan to level an undead mage on the fresh pvp server, but with the hype I guess it will be a real pain to even find a single mob to kill.

So I was wondering if it's a good idea to try to rush really fast as soon as the server open to get ahead of the mass (SAO Kirito style xD), and take the next week off (nolife mod activated) to get at least lvl 30.

But I'm also worried that the launch don't go as planed and they have to postpone it, or massive DDOS all week, and then I would have nothing to do all week beside watching tv and wasted a week of holliday.

Any advices please?

Edited by Titousky

Your call, but I wouldn't do it.

I think this launch will be unprecedented in terms of players rushing onto the new server. As you said, we don't even know if it will be stable enough to handle these masses, or whether it may be down a lot in the first days.

Second, even if its somewhat stable and you do plan to no-life it, there'll be tons of other players trying the same, so I'm not even sure if you could reliably get ahead and stay ahead of the other players.

Third, it's not like Naxx is going to be released tomorrow; you will have a lot of time to run all of the content. So would consider whether its even really worth it aiming to be one of the first level 60s, especially if it means investing a ton of time during a stage of the server where it's probably least fun to play (lags, crowds etc). But that one's personal of course.

Ok so I guess I was dreaming thinking I could have all the mobs I want once quiting the starting zone...

But on Nostalrius the zone were overpopulated even at level 30, even 6 months after the launch,

that's why I wanted to rush to avoid that, but you're right, lots of people plan the same so it would probably be as bad or even worse.

Edited by Titousky

so many people still not getting it. Unless you are really lucky you'll be waiting for hours for a one single quest mob gl hf dumbheads.

Not too mention the queue, Elysium made it so the pop spreads evenly. I say play whatever server you like but you'll have a better time on Nostalrius PvP thats a given.

Edited by Kazuma

1 minute ago, Kazuma said:

so many people still not getting it. Unless you are really lucky you'll be waiting for hours for a one single quest mob gl hf dumbheads.

If I do it, I obviously wouldn't quest normally, but group with 4 other people and grind mobs of higher level because nobody excepte those in groups could kill these mobs at the start, and after I made it to level 10, I would start questing normally while 80% of the population is still lvl 1-5 sharing mobs.

You think it could work?

Do whatever you like, but everything is intentional. Not everybody is supposed to play on fresh, you'll be either queue, quest (you name it) forced to a different server.

Edited by Kazuma

New to this server in general. Why are people flocking to the new server? Isn't it just a new PvP server?

Will the other servers become dead?

Request the 14th - 21st off, give Elysium a week to calm down/fix фекал. Remember that doesn't mean you won't be playing after work when it first releases.

Just imagine being off and able to play, but at the same time unable to play do to queue 

Thanks for all your advice,

But back to work this morning, I saw I had a lot of vacation days left to spend before March or I'll lose them.

So I did it and if it's unplayable, I'll go see my mother instead so it won't be waisted anyway.

I'll tedll you how it went... or I won't if I screw everything up and I'm too mad to say it !

Undead Mage Titousky - Future lvl 1 on 7 jan

You will burn yourself out, due to the frustration when you arent leveling as fast as you expected.

The zones will be so full you will be waiting hours for a single quest mob, multible times.

Cant imagine there being no lag issues.

All that for endless months of Molten Core, because people are deluded in thinking they are the best and think they will somehow be on of the best on the server because its fresh.

News flash, some people dont need to take a week of work and will outgear you and prob out level you within a heartbeat.

Honestly, just lvl on Nost PvE or PvP and enjoy having a lot more content

Why rush to 60? Vanilla is about the leveling experience imo. And honestly taking a vacation for just a video game seems kinda sad, but that's just me I could be wrong.

if you want to get ahead of the pack, even once you're ahead of people, you would have to keep it up.

You don't even know if the server is going to work at all in the first week, so I certainly wouldn't be booking time off work. Yes it'll be a better experience than only leveling in the evenings when everyone is playing, but in my opinion it's not worth the risk given you don't know if the server will run properly.

Not that I would ever take time off work just to play a game early anyway, but if I were to, I'd want to know I could actually play the game properly before taking time off.

On 2-1-2017 at 2:19 AM, dreamer05 said:

New to this server in general. Why are people flocking to the new server? Isn't it just a new PvP server?

Will the other servers become dead?

Mother server is Nostalrius PvP, January the 7th shes getting a baby called Elysium PvP many people who never played on Nostalrius will try their attempt for glory on the fresh server. Many people dont realize in the same month war efforts are launched on Nostalrius, but people rather wait in a queue instead of playing but thats none of my business.

You have so much time to level, there's no point in rushing it and you should just give it a couple of weeks after launch to settle down. My advice? Start leveling a character on Nost PvP, that way you'll have something to do in the meantime and something to do when the servers go down or lag too much on Elysium. 

No rush, best time to actually kill something let alone finish a quest will be in the (early) mornings (EU time).

Good luck! *logs back in on the pve realm

3 hours ago, Kazuma said:

Mother server is Nostalrius PvP, January the 7th shes getting a baby called Elysium PvP many people who never played on Nostalrius will try their attempt for glory on the fresh server. Many people dont realize in the same month war efforts are launched on Nostalrius, but people rather wait in a queue instead of playing but thats none of my business.

Well most high end guilds will be staying to contribute towards war efforts, so that should ease the load on the new server. 

Log on at start (good luck with that)

Claim some nice names (all 10 of them, class doesn't matter)

Create your bank alts and put them in position.

Get fishing and level up to 75 on your mains

Log off and do something else for a week, then come back and level up, hard core

Good thing i have one week off from the 16th Jan, that before the server start was announced. I just hope the server gets relatively stable in the one week before so i can atleast level a bit hehe. Going for the first week is rather risky, that comes from personal experience with launches especially on p-servers. Take it easy ilts 8months mc

good thing i dont have a job and live in my moms basement, i can nolife the fck out of the new server and leave all u fools behind.

6 hours ago, Outstanding said:

Log on at start (good luck with that)

Claim some nice names (all 10 of them, class doesn't matter)

Create your bank alts and put them in position.

Get fishing and level up to 75 on your mains

Log off and do something else for a week, then come back and level up, hard core

Yes, wait 1-2 week, and it will be faster amd less crowded leveling experience and AH will be full of cheap leveling weapons and gear which makes leveling even faster/smoother and you can catch up with the "crowd" from behind fast. Rushers will not lvl profs so well, and cant really sell items since not many ppl there to buy and noone have much money yet so they will not sell except if they are cheap. Cant do much dungeon since its slower to lvl a healer, must wait for others anyway, unless you want to ding 60 and then doing nothing just farming outdoor. However if you start alliance and reach 60 fast, go gank some lowlvl horde :)

How are people so confident that it'll be unplayable? At least if you play at non-peak times it should def be possible.

If it indeed is very difficult, one can try to do some low level instance like RFC if you reach there.