Sign in to follow this  
Lazydork

Debuff slot confusion

Why is it that a DoT ability counts a debuff? Corruption for example is simply a dmg ability whereas sunder armor for example is a debuff because it reduces the armor of the enemy. Shadow priest have to wait until ZG if they want to play the spec but why? A dot shouldn't count as a debuff.

2 hours ago, Lazydork said:

Why is it that a DoT ability counts a debuff? Corruption for example is simply a dmg ability whereas sunder armor for example is a debuff because it reduces the armor of the enemy. Shadow priest have to wait until ZG if they want to play the spec but why? A dot shouldn't count as a debuff.

Welcome to Vanilla, where things like "My class isn't even playable in PvE/PvP" gets shit on because that is just how your class functions in vanilla.

Retailers complain about class imbalance, I say it makes classes unique.

PS: Just a heads up for anyone wanting to play a Shadow Priest. You should make the effort to get into a guild that supports your class choice as soon as possible. You will still be a healer up to ZG, but when that comes out you go Shadow. My guild already has a guy who wants to be that priest and we are only allowing one.

^
Pretty much.  And let's not forget those poor Warlocks, who have to play weird builds pre-ZG patch to make things work for them.

If they removed the cap, or raised the limit early, they'd have to raise boss hitpoints proportionately to compensate for the reduced difficulty/clear times.

4 hours ago, cybaster said:

^
Pretty much.  And let's not forget those poor Warlocks, who have to play weird builds pre-ZG patch to make things work for them.

If they removed the cap, or raised the limit early, they'd have to raise boss hitpoints proportionately to compensate for the reduced difficulty/clear times.

7/21/23 or some variant isn't a terrible warlock build for early pve while also being solid at farming and passable at casual PvP. But I know what you mean; being able to level and do 5mans as an affliction play style makes the SB spam of vanilla raiding feel boring.