Gropy

Elysium fresh server timeline

2 minutes ago, Gropy said:

I understand this logic, and I agree with you, but what about when you are 60? You want to wait 2 years for naxx?

this

Just now, Gropy said:

I understand this logic, and I agree with you, but what about when you are 60? You want to wait 2 years for naxx?

Personally I'm not in any rush to do it, mostly because I did it when it was in retail. I no-lifed retail vanilla and want to take it slow now. And Nost PvP is, in my opinion, a better destination for those who don't want to wait that long. The downside is the splitting of the community, but you're damned if you do, damned if you don't.

1 minute ago, tehfred said:

Personally I'm not in any rush to do it, mostly because I did it when it was in retail. I no-lifed retail vanilla and want to take it slow now. And Nost PvP is, in my opinion, a better destination for those who don't want to wait that long. The downside is the splitting of the community, but you're damned if you do, damned if you don't.

you cleared naxx in retail

ok-sure.jpg

25 minutes ago, Worldstar said:

you cleared naxx in retail

ok-sure.jpg

Cleared? No. I did enough to know I don't really want to rush towards it, though.

41 minutes ago, tehfred said:

Sure, but not everyone played in vanilla and now want to take the content slow, alot of us are here; not because of the nostalgia, but because we actually want to do the content.

Actually, having a CONSTANT delay is NOT Blizz-like!

Blizzard launched many server at WOW launch, and then kept launching new servers one after another with 1 or more month delay.

It means that there was a looong time between the first group of servers and the last fresh servers.

YET they applied the new raids and then TBC expansion on ALL server at the same time. They DID NOT delayed TBC by 6 or more months on the latest/younger servers to have same amount of time and to be fair. So... which duration does counts as "official Blizzlike delay"? They made content available when they finished developing them, and the delay was there because of this and was not an artifical delay, just to wait for players to catch up. Same happened to old Nost, they were busy scripting/developing. At Blizzard new servers were needed because of overpopulation, and on the fresh realm those could also restart who loved rerolling or fresh starts. Its the exact same here, overpopulation, new realm, but some new player or some old player from old PVP/pve realms will reroll too, just to start fresh.

So I think less months or faster content would be nice, if a shorter time (7+ months?) is not enough for someone to level 60 and gear up (because they are so casuals with not much time) then they probably will not raid hardcore and even if there is new raid they will not care and will not rush to try new content instantly... But for those who are "fast" or rush raiding, they can get bored with the content fast, especially those who played at Vanilla and rerolled here just to relive the content again and again (and not just the first content)

Maybe after half year when everyone settled down and did what they wanted, make a poll here about how long they prefer to wait for new content/patch, how long they want to keep the current content/raids (of course with new raids the old ones don't go anywhere, MC will not close)

Edited by damagepy

Here is how you should look at it. Don't criticize it until you try it. Threads like this will have no impact, because opinions in here can be easily swayed when the server is actually launched. Just wait a couple months, and if it feels like the timeline is too slow then, then you have much more of a compelling argument, and probably a lot more people to back this criticism.

Honestly, you can view the Nost server as progression post ZG, so half content is available when you start. 

The Elysium server is straight progression from 0. That's why the timeline exists in the first place. 

Personally, servers with all content and servers with 1 year time lines don't interest me at all. 

41 minutes ago, Shiamorah said:

Just wait a couple months, and if it feels like the timeline is too slow then, then you have much more of a compelling argument, and probably a lot more people to back this criticism.

Exactly!

Wait half year, and then ask everyone about what they think, when in the future will be the best time for the next level, or how long they feel to stay in the current content :)

Anyway, I looked it up, most of the Blizzard retail servers were opened 2005.feb.11 (EU), and then every 2-3-4 month they added a bunch of new,  april, aug, nov, dec, up until 2006 june. So there were more than 16 month gap between the servers (and they kept opening new fresh realms up to 2008). So on many server, new content came 16 month faster. Which timeline counts as "official"? They definetely not delayed raids and Burning crusade by 1.5 year on half of the realms and I cant recall players complaining or writing petitions on those servers to be fair and only add the new content 1.5 year later so they have the same time to gear up and play. And it would be nice if after 2-3 year (if Nost/Elys still exists) they eventually catch up and will have the same content.

2005-2007 EU Realm launch times

WoW Content Timeline

USA could experience WoW half year longer compared to EU

So... Naxxramas 1 month after realm launch is Blizz-like as well :)

Edited by damagepy

it always is the same, no matter what game: the old servers die because they lack new players. the majority of new players always start on the newest server.

you forget one thing sir the old nost is the new nost in a way. 

After the whole wow vanilla nost controversy in media, there was thousands upon thousands new players on the release, that started playing there. Old nost is the NEW nost in a huge way, its weeks now after the re release of old db and there is still new players freaking everywhere you literaly go.

today almost 12k players online.

like 9 out of 10 people ive meet, that started playing on old nost, not gona re roll on the other one cous as I said the old nost is the NEW nost in a way.

also if you think about it most people who gona start on fresh already would have stopped playing, personaly I dont see the point already got to lvl 40 lol

for the hundred of thousand of players the main hype was the release of nost, the fresh thing came after hehe

Edited by Zen1337

This thread has been an amusing read.  I can't decide which is my favorite, the person who is rerolling fresh whom is already planning on then rerolling fresh again in a year, or the complaints about having to wait to do content.

Sounds like you need to ask yourself why your going to a server that you are not satisfied with the content availability.

9 hours ago, Gropy said:

Everyone brings good points, I can understand the reason for the timeline as it is, I just personally feel that 7 months of MC is alot, but if you think about it in reset terms, its 28 resets. Which isnt that much I guess. We'll see, I hope if it so happens that a big amount of players finish MC early, that they take those players into consideration. 

Few people have mentioned this... It's not seven months of MC, it will be 4-5 months. And thats only for those rushing. Getting groups and gear to establish regular clears will take the first few months. The current timeline is actually perfect. At first I was just Mad about ZG and AQ20. However, these were also strategically brought into the game. They allowed alts of burnt out players mains to get gear and move into the raid group without, and gave guilds means of getting replacement raiders gear so they could jump in during pinches.

I'm completely fine with the timeline, I kind of figured it would be like this. I like gearing up multiple toons and MC being top dog for a while will make that easy.

5 minutes ago, Sundanc_r said:

there is so much more beauty but raids in wow. let go and feel the pleasure, not the pressure to get loots.

It have nothing to do with loot, if it was about loot I would argue for longer release scheduler, so everyone could get every item, but my primiary concern is content drought. Having only 2 bgs and 2 raids for 8 months is a bit low considering the amount of time.

haha, this topic is funny.

Fresh will be so overcrowded that will take months to start to raid.

Maybe in 1 month will be playable at starting zones. 

Edited by brunoviek

23 hours ago, brunoviek said:

haha, this topic is funny.

Fresh will be so overcrowded that will take months to start to raid.

Maybe in 1 month will be playable at starting zones. 

Why do people exaggerate the amount of players comming? If the server can hold the same amount as PvE itll be 5000 people spread across 6 starting zones, aftre atleast 1 day its going to be bareable.

Half the fresh server population will be legion kids expecting their first epic in a week, boy are they in for a dissapointment!