Gropy

Elysium fresh server timeline

So as you may or may not know, Elsyium released the timeline for the fresh server, and I wanted to hear peoples opinion on it. 

I personally feel like the content is spread out to much, considering the hype and amount of players starting on fresh, there isn't a need for 7 months of MC/Onxy etc. 

The raids have already been tested and scripted, it should be possible to release the content closer to eachother.

What do you guys think about it?

Old news.

Also this is more or less the same as the blizzlike progression timeline (with a few exceptions on the PvP side of things).

It doesn't matter if anyone wants content to be released sooner or later. This is how it is.

I personally want it to be stretched out like it is. It basically guarantees that I have 2 years of fun ahead of me.

I don't mind either way. Another project with a faster timeline will perhaps release next year so people have choice and I'll probably play on both.

The downside of the timeline is that we'll never play Old Nos PvP v PvE v New Ely PvP in crossrealm battlegrounds. That would have been amazing fun :D

I see it like Shayss.

Its true that it will take some time till I can go to my beloved Alterac Valey, but at least I do not need to hurry to get my chars (main  + alts) to lvl 60 and get their gear.

It's the same amount of time between raid releases that Nostalrius PvP had when it originally launched.

it's the same amount of time between raids that Nostalrius PvE  is having (if you discount the time it was shutdown and moved here to Elysium)

it's ~1 month shorter than the time between raid releases in Vanilla WoW (Nov 23, 2004 - July 12, 2005 = ~8 months)

People need time to level, everyone is starting from level one. Not everyone is going to hit 60 in the first month of release. It'll take time for most to become MC/Ony worthy...it takes time to farm 5-mans. Then there will be time needed to farm MC and Ony..

Trust me, 7 months will fly by

Yep, it is way to spread out. It should be 6~ months of MC instead of 8, 4-5~ months of BWL instead of 7. They don't care though. The longer the server is going for the longer they can not make money. Since the gold sellers definitely aren't giving the server a cut so they don't block the VPNs. That's absolutely not happening and never will.

I'm betting one could guess, with decent accuracy, the WoW play history of each person based solely on their response to this thread. (patience vs insta-gratification)

5 minutes ago, Tautochrone said:

It's the same amount of time between raid releases that Nostalrius PvP had when it originally launched.

it's the same amount of time between raids that Nostalrius PvE  is having (if you discount the time it was shutdown and moved here to Elysium)

it's ~1 month shorter than the time between raid releases in Vanilla WoW (Nov 23, 2004 - July 12, 2005 = ~8 months)

People need time to level, everyone is starting from level one. Not everyone is going to hit 60 in the first month of release. It'll take time for most to become MC/Ony worthy...it takes time to farm 5-mans. Then there will be time needed to farm MC and Ony..

Trust me, 7 months will fly by

I understand what you mean, and it isnt as bad as I make it out to be, yet its still a bit weird, it took a long time on Nostalrius PvP because it wasnt tested or scripted, yet it will be out for a long time before it comes to Elsyium. Theres no reason to wait for it as long as Nostalrius PvP, the content should be released when its best, not just the same as the old servers just because.

You mean to tell me that there are downsides to a fresh server? Like lack of content? Man, sure wish someone had brought this up months ago... 

All sarcasm aside, it is entirely blizzlike to spend months in a raid before having anything else to do. If you want the "level playing field", it should also allow for others with less than 10 hours to play each day to keep up, at the very least, with raid time lines. 

In my opinion, the time line should resemble the blizz timeline. Even after 7 months, you may not get that bis item you've been after. No need to rush through a finite content game. 

People complaining it's too slow for them have no idea what slow means.

Anyone who thinks 7 months for 60 levels of vanilla quests and dungeons with two raids to go with that is content drought hasn't played on retail in the past three expansions. Try surviving for more than a year doing the same raid over and over again and you'll see how 7 months of traveling, questing, leveling professions, leveling alts, going into dungeons, grinding factions, acquiring epic mounts, doing relevant PvP etc. in a world where people can't just strap on some heirlooms and never have to interact with anyone ever again until they start raiding in Mythic perhaps - all of this, is nothing to be depressed about. 

I think a lot of people are missing the point about the main reason people want to start on the fresh server: it's there that people have enough time to level and raid at the pace they want. If some people can clear the content within 1-2 months of release, that's fine by me - but they need to understand that if Elysium would start releasing content like that for the sake of pleasing hardcore tryhards coming from Nost PvP then they'd be alienating the vast majority of their player base (both current and future) from the experience of being around the average playing field of everyone else.

1 hour ago, Mealticket said:

You mean to tell me that there are downsides to a fresh server? Like lack of content? Man, sure wish someone had brought this up months ago... 

All sarcasm aside, it is entirely blizzlike to spend months in a raid before having anything else to do. If you want the "level playing field", it should also allow for others with less than 10 hours to play each day to keep up, at the very least, with raid time lines. 

In my opinion, the time line should resemble the blizz timeline. Even after 7 months, you may not get that bis item you've been after. No need to rush through a finite content game. 

2 minutes ago, Nymis said:

People complaining it's too slow for them have no idea what slow means.

Anyone who thinks 7 months for 60 levels of vanilla quests and dungeons with two raids to go with that is content drought hasn't played on retail in the past three expansions. Try surviving for more than a year doing the same raid over and over again and you'll see how 7 months of traveling, questing, leveling professions, leveling alts, going into dungeons, grinding factions, acquiring epic mounts, doing relevant PvP etc. in a world where people can't just strap on some heirlooms and never have to interact with anyone ever again until they start raiding in Mythic perhaps - all of this, is nothing to be depressed about. 

I think a lot of people are missing the point about the main reason people want to start on the fresh server: it's there that people have enough time to level and raid at the pace they want. If some people can clear the content within 1-2 months of release, that's fine by me - but they need to understand that if Elysium would start releasing content like that for the sake of pleasing hardcore tryhards coming from Nost PvP then they'd be alienating the vast majority of their player base (both current and future) from the experience of being around the average playing field of everyone else.

Having read your posts, I can understand your reasoning, making it blizzlike; and avalible for everyone is important, I have never doubted that, I just THINK that the majority of players that start the 7th will have done MC/Onxy after atleast 4-5 months, MC and Onxyia isnt the worlds most hardest puzzle, its very basic raids. The only time consuming thing doing vanilla is leveling. 

Having a content drought for a few months is pointless just because its blizzlike or similiar to what current wow is facing, the raids are avalible and scriped, if the majority of players have done the content theres no reason to deny them the possiblity.

I still think that Blizzlike is not a proper argument. Vanilla was a new thing back then. People kept discovering things for years. For old players (or even players that have only tried the private setting), this is not new territory. They could have shrink it a bit. Not much. Just a bit. 

Certainly, but I believe there's more to it than just "keeping it Blizzlike".

You have to consider that the fresh server will be the default go-to for everyone who's going to want to play after the 7th. There's some argument to be made about pacing it slower to allow newer players to catch up but evidently not slow enough as to cause everyone to lose interest in the server. I think 2-3 months added to those 4-5 months an average player would need to level and raid falls somewhere in this description. Yes, it will be slower for us - but we know exactly what we're getting into and I'm certain we can manage 2-3 months of leveling alts or just getting a life and doing something else. 

Nighthold comes out around 2 weeks after Elysium launches and most people are going to be sick of it within 1 month into the patch, maybe more / less depending on how much game time they've got. If we get enough publicity, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a big wave of new players to be arriving around February / March after they're done with that raid. What I'm saying might sound a bit far-fetched but there's still a point to be made about delaying content to allow the new players to settle in our servers. 

With weekly raid resets it does take a long time to fully fear up a guild. I feel that some of you are underestimating the difficulty and gear requirements of the later raids. There were many serious raiding guilds that farmed through the entirety of retail vanilla, and yet all of them struggled to progress through Naxx. Please don't give me the argument that people "didn't know how to play". 

Edited by Stygian

29 minutes ago, Stygian said:

With weekly raid resets it does take a long time to fully fear up a guild. I feel that some of you are underestimating the difficulty and gear requirements of the later raids. There were many serious raiding guilds that farmed through the entirety of retail vanilla, and yet all of them struggled to progress through Naxx. Please don't give me the argument that people "didn't know how to play". 

People didn't know how to play

3 minutes ago, Blib said:

People didn't know how to play

Yes of course, 2 years isn't nearly enough time to master the complex enigma that is World of Warcraft.

Just now, Stygian said:

Yes of course, 2 years isn't nearly enough time to master the complex enigma that is World of Warcraft.

I mean hes not wrong at all. My guild was an okayish guild as far as progression went we cleared mc bwl all of aq40 except cthun and killed spider wing razivious  noth gothik in naxx. And there were some players in my guild that had very little idea how to play and wouldn't take criticism at all. Hell we had one warrior who half the time all he would do is spam hamstring for more windfury procs without using blood thirst and whirlwind at all.

Nothing unexpected. The point of the server was just that, to experience all the content progressively, as you would on a Blizzard server.

If you want new content then go tryhard on Nost PvP, you'll have AQ and Naxx there soon (instead of waiting 2 years for Naxx on Elysium PvP)

9 minutes ago, Stygian said:

Apparently it wasn't. There is plenty of footage etc for you to look at from back then, where you can see even nihilum didn't stack all buffs and their warriors doing pleb rotations.

I'm absolutely 100% happy with the time line as it is.

It's a window of at least 6 months where new players can join the server and still experience the start of this game.

If you only play 1 character and play from day 1 non stop. Ya you'll finish the content well before summer when AV is released.

But the server isn't there just for those players rushing to 60 and trying to clear MC asap. Others will want to level multiple characters to 60.

Or only have 2 hours per day to play, or they join the server a bit later on and still got plenty of time to level to 60 before AV opens up.

I like the current timeline.  I'm introducing a bunch of people to Vanilla WoW in my guild <Hurricane>, and this gives them the opportunity to actually play the game at every tier in a normal manner.  I don't feel pressured to slam them face-first into Molten Core on Week 3, and they'd hate me for doing so. 

Take some time to enjoy the game.  Experience the whole thing, or if you've already experienced it to shreds like I have, adopt some newbies and bask in their enjoyment.

And anyway, you know what bored players (the cool ones, anyway) do when they've got nothing better to do?  They raid cities and towns.  That shit makes the world live and breathe.

Everyone brings good points, I can understand the reason for the timeline as it is, I just personally feel that 7 months of MC is alot, but if you think about it in reset terms, its 28 resets. Which isnt that much I guess. We'll see, I hope if it so happens that a big amount of players finish MC early, that they take those players into consideration. 

I like that I don't have to feel rushed to 60. That's why I want the fresh server. Established servers have more focus on end-game, so it makes you feel like all the fun is at 60, as is the case with Nost PvP. I can take two months to hit 60 and not feel like I'm holding people back.

Just now, tehfred said:

I like that I don't have to feel rushed to 60. That's why I want the fresh server. Established servers have more focus on end-game, so it makes you feel like all the fun is at 60, as is the case with Nost PvP. I can take two months to hit 60 and not feel like I'm holding people back.

I understand this logic, and I agree with you, but what about when you are 60? You want to wait 2 years for naxx?