Sign in to follow this  
Xashe

Mara gold guide video

The above run was SM/Ruin spec with some MC gear and a black book off Razergore. My fastest clear has been under 7 mins (DS/Ruin, BWL BiS gear)

Keep in mind, this was me back on Nost. I have done this run on Nost2.0, but have not recorded anything yet.

avg 45g/hr depending on weapon drops from princess and rotgut. perfect lockout, very unrealistic but... 82g 58s 48c

Not counting gray/white drops

Best run possible: 16g 67s 16c / 16g 47s 83c
Tinkerer Gizlock - 3g 21s 6c - Inventor's Focal Sword
Princess - 9g 16s 59s - Blade of Eternal Darkness + Princess Theradras' Scepter OR 8g 97s 26c - 2x Princess Theradras' Scepter
Rotgrip - 4g 29s 51c - Gstorbite Axe

Worst run possible: 3g 30s 33c
Tinkerer Gizlock - 2g 26s 50c - Gizlock's Hypertech Buckler
Princess - 0g - double Blackstone Ring w/one already in your inventory, or a 2nd blade of eternal darkness (both unique)
Rotgrip - 1g 3s 83c - Rotgrip Mantle

If you are an enchanter, you can always DE the extra rings or BoED, and sell the mats

Edited by Xashe
clarrification

Problem is that the goblin doesn't stay in one place anymore. Before you didn't even need a voidwalker because he would constantly stop in one place and AOE and you could just freecast on him and kill him. 

Goblin is still super easy though. I just use CoD instead of Agony. That allows your void to hold agro for a 3 corruption cycles. Then just start spamming shadowbolt 

1 hour ago, gnar said:

Goblin is still super easy though. I just use CoD instead of Agony. That allows your void to hold agro for a 3 corruption cycles. Then just start spamming shadowbolt 

The play used to be to drag him all the way back up with you to the ramp and get up there before elementals pat back to save yourself an extra 5 minutes. 

On 1/6/2017 at 6:41 PM, gnar said:

Thats what i do now with my gear. CoDoom + Corr and wand. After the 3rd corr goes up, i nuke him with SBs. Try to leave an ISB up for the doom tic =)

You can also sell the ring to people, since it's such a high-demand item for melee/hunters. I had someone do that for me on old Nost; I sat at the end of the hydra area (past the waterfall) while the hunter went and killed Princess, ring dropped and I was able to roll on it.

8 hours ago, Lifealert said:

Too bad KTM doesn't show voidwalker aggro. 

Yeah, but if you use your voidwalker enough you get a "feel" for how much damage you can get away with. Trial and error, though after a certain level of gear by the time you pull aggro the boss is going to be dead.

I've used this guide now many times on the PvE realm with MC gear. Some additional remarks:

• When passing the dinos, watch out for lvl 48 ones. It's easy to попа pull one of those, if you're not careful. Yes, even if you stick to the wall as much as possible. When you pass a close by lvl 48 dino, make sure it looks in the opposite direction of yourself.
  • As a DS/ruin specced warlock it can help at Princess, if you lifetap, run far away from her and bandage yourself mid fight. Also make sure you only shadowbolt her at max range and only 2 bolts at once. If you don't shadowbolt her at max range she can stun you, even when she is currently 'farting'. At max range she will either stun your pet or nobody at all.
  • Rotgrip is the hardest fight if you're undergeared. It usually goes smooth if you have 1-2 shadowbolt crits. Also sometimes you get lucky with pet resisting the bleeding debuff, resulting in an extra cycle (3rd) of corruption.
  • With my spec I go like this for Rotgrip: Send in VW, let him get first hit before dotting (important). Dot with CoA, corruption and immolate. After corruption and immolate fall off, reapply them again. Replace CoA with CoS. After corruption and immolate run out again for the 2nd time, watch the health bar of your VW closely. If it's close to dieing, sac it. If you're lucky with pet resists, you could even apply corruption and immolate a 3rd time. Usually I sac VW between 300-500 hp left. Any less and you're pushing it. Now spam shadowbolts until your shield runs out. If it runs out, use death coil. I usually life tap before death coil if I'm low mana and full health. Reapply dots. Spam shadowbolts and pray it's enough.

Also to clarifiy on my last post, I use dots at the end of the Rotgrip (and Princess too) fight because you can then replenish a soulshard from Rotgrip. If it's a close encounter I won't go for the soulshard of course.

22 hours ago, gotmilk0112 said:

You can also sell the ring to people, since it's such a high-demand item for melee/hunters. I had someone do that for me on old Nost; I sat at the end of the hydra area (past the waterfall) while the hunter went and killed Princess, ring dropped and I was able to roll on it.

I have tried that but when it didn't drop I couldn't reset instance from inside Maraudon (works when solo farming). So the rogue left the group which resulted in me getting ported to Ironforge. Any way to avoid this so we can rerun a 2nd time?

On 1/9/2017 at 7:32 AM, Soullock said:

I have tried that but when it didn't drop I couldn't reset instance from inside Maraudon (works when solo farming). So the rogue left the group which resulted in me getting ported to Ironforge. Any way to avoid this so we can rerun a 2nd time?

just ask whoever youre running with to wait until after you reset the instance and /camp to leave the instance before dropping group

On 10.1.2017 at 4:47 PM, Xashe said:

just ask whoever youre running with to wait until after you reset the instance and /camp to leave the instance before dropping group

Thanks Xashe and also thanks for your great guide. I'm pretty certain I couldn't reset last time when in inside Mara and in a group.

This is how I usually do it:

• After killing Rotgrip use reset instance macro.
  • /camp
  • Spawn outside of purple entrance. Walk to portal and repeat.
Edited by Soullock

2 hours ago, Soullock said:

Thanks Xashe and also thanks for your great guide. I'm pretty certain I couldn't reset last time when in inside Mara and in a group.

This is how I usually do it:

• After killing Rotgrip use reset instance macro.
  • /camp
  • Spawn outside of purple entrance. Walk to portal and repeat.

you can, but if the other person leaves the group while you are still in the instance it messes it all up and you will get teleported. here is what you do...

if the item drops off princess, ask the person to either stay until after rotgrip, or hearth but stay in group with you. after rotgrip dies, reset the instance per usual and inform your party mate that when they see you go offline, then they can leave the group. when you log back in, you will be ungrouped and back at the usual farming spawn spot.

enjoy!

Great video, could you however estimate a gold per hour (on average) based on many runs ? Would be awesome, thanks.

Edit: nvm i'm blind.

avg 45g/hr depending on weapon drops from princess and rotgut.

I'm wondering however as a Shadow Priest, when you have another toon for DM:E if it's worth doing the gob. I remember doing only princess on very early Nost. but there was no Dire Maul back then.

Edited by Lawinn

11 minutes ago, Lawinn said:

Great video, could you however estimate a gold per hour (on average) based on many runs ? Would be awesome, thanks.

It depends if you get weapon drops (usually worth 4g) or non-weapon drops. If you got everything figured out I think 30-50g is realistic in an hour.

1 minute ago, Soullock said:

It depends if you get weapon drops (usually worth 4g) or non-weapon drops. If you got everything figured out I think 30-50g is realistic in an hour.

Alright thanks, sounds a bit slow assuming you might have 2 chars and farm DM:E 10 times an hour :/ But pretty decent, still.

The thing with Mara is you are guaranteed 4 blues per run, I even had the epic dagger drop from Princess once. Sadly at least on the PvE realm disenchanting the non-weapon blues is not an option anymore, as you only get around 80s for the small brilliant shards in AH currently.

5 minutes ago, Soullock said:

The thing with Mara is you are guaranteed 4 blues per run, I even had the epic dagger drop from Princess once. Sadly at least on the PvE realm disenchanting the non-weapon blues is not an option anymore, as you only get around 80s for the small brilliant shards in AH currently.

80s ? Sounds awful, I think it's around ~4g50s on PvP.

51 minutes ago, Lawinn said:

80s ? Sounds awful, I think it's around ~4g50s on PvP.

Are you sure you don't mean large brilliant shard? Because that's around 4g too on PvE.

You only get small brilliant shards from Mara blues.

Just now, Soullock said:

Are you sure you don't mean large brilliant shard? Because that's around 4g too on PvE.

You only get small brilliant shards from Mara blues.

nope, I'm talking about Small brilliant shards

28 minutes ago, Lawinn said:

nope, I'm talking about Small brilliant shards

Yeah it was around 2-3g too here but then many flooded the market with cheap shards and now it sucks for all ^^.