killerduki

Don't open 4th server

13 minutes ago, stabbwound said:

Crying? really? people who work and or have other duties in life who would like to play, but cannot because of the insane que times. They agree with the DEV who posted that they are looking into another server opening, because of this issue.. you call that crying? lol...

When the server has been up for what a week and I see you all posting about neeeding.. needing... NEEDING.. yah I call it crying. I'm a software engineer have a son and work my butt of everyday. When the Nos/Elysium servers started they virtually unplayable. Had massive que times for the first week. Did you ever see me ask for another realm or cry about it?  These guys are doing this for FREE. Read this.. -> FOR FREE. You are not paying for this. So again.. quit your crying.

Edited by Faith

2 minutes ago, Faith said:

When the server has been up for what a week and I see you all posting about neeeding.. needing... NEEDING..

hey herp derp... yea you.. they said they were talking about opening up another server.. all the people are doing is saying yea, we agree.. im wondering why are you so salty?

22 hours ago, Faith said:

There is no demand for a fourth server. I play on the PvE realm and it's fine as it is right now. I have heard a few people complain that even it is overpopulated.

I think running 10k connections on a server is a horrible idea. That is why it's a total gank fest. Retail vanilla was not like.. I would scale the connections back to around 6000 personally. However, that will probably not happen. Ah well. 

I'm very happy with the state of the PvE server so whatever they want to do with PvP realms.. is really not up to me. :)

ahhh, nevermind, now i see.. playing on a pve realm and calling others crybabys, how ironic..

1 hour ago, Faith said:

I agree.. but you know what. I play on the PvE server and have no complaints. No Queue's.. nice population. No immature little teenies wagging their ePeeny.. lol.  .

then why are you here posting? im trying to figure out where the salt your spewing is coming from. you have clearly stated multiple times this doesnt affect you and yet here you are spewing your opinion. maybe your one of those people who feel the need to spend your time on the forums adding your opinions on subjects, even if they are clearly single minded, salty and irrelevant..

21 minutes ago, stabbwound said:

then why are you here posting? im trying to figure out where the salt your spewing is coming from. you have clearly stated multiple times this doesnt affect you and yet here you are spewing your opinion. maybe your one of those people who feel the need to spend your time on the forums adding your opinions on subjects, even if they are clearly single minded, salty and irrelevant..

I played on both servers when they re-opened. Didn't cry about queue's like you. So keep crying. I find it hilarious. 

I think Elysium should give out tShirts to people like you.  Reading: "I played on the Free Nostalrius / Elysium server and cried like a girl because I expected the same services as a game I actually PAID for".

They should also send you some kleenex to wipe those tears away. Poor little nooby.

~ Faith ~

Edited by Faith

1 hour ago, Faith said:

I played on both servers when they re-opened. Didn't cry about queue's like you. So keep crying. I find it hilarious. 

I think Elysium should give out tShirts to people like you.  Reading: "I played on the Free Nostalrius / Elysium server and cried like a girl because I expected the same services as a game I actually PAID for".

They should also send you some kleenex to wipe those tears away. Poor little nooby.

~ Faith ~

troll attempt fail... you still trying to make a point? lol

Edited by stabbwound

On 1/9/2017 at 1:00 AM, killerduki said:

Old Nost PVP will die with that and it will be same story.

There is already huge drop during USA and China time.

The Hype will not last long and there will be consequences in 3-4 months.

At least give a time with monitoring Tuesdays,Fridays,Saturdays population over next 3-4 months and then do the decisions please.

/Kind regards Killerduki

I don't think there is enough evidence to make the claim that a 4th server would hurt the population of any of the current servers. There is consistently 9-10k on both PvP servers and usually Elysium has another 5-8k waiting in queue.  I think the population drops people are noticing are more due to the authentication and login issues than anything else.

You could always just cap the next server at around the same amount as the PvE server if people are really worried that it will draw to many people away from other servers. 

20 hours ago, Faith said:

~ Faith ~

None of the servers experienced the monster queues we're having on Elysium PvP right now. And certainly not for this long. It has been gong on since launch the 7th. I'm currently on a 9.3k queue and if the servers don't reset or crash it'll take me several hours before I get in.

Also, why the attitude? Noone was being rude. Are you frustrated that you made the decision to play on the PvE server, missing out on a lot of PvP action and the fresh start taking place on Elysium PvP? If that's the case, stop being so committed and start playing with us.

37 minutes ago, Wirt said:

None of the servers experienced the monster queues we're having on Elysium PvP right now. And certainly not for this long. It has been gong on since launch the 7th. I'm currently on a 9.3k queue and if the servers don't reset or crash it'll take me several hours before I get in.

Also, why the attitude? Noone was being rude. Are you frustrated that you made the decision to play on the PvE server, missing out on a lot of PvP action and the fresh start taking place on Elysium PvP? If that's the case, stop being so committed and start playing with us.

I had queue's of up to 8K on both realms, before I finally settled into the PvE realm due to the fact, mostly, that is was calming down faster and gave me a better ping rate. 

In regards to being rude, I just get tired of the same old thing.Server comes online in any popular game and it's crazy over populated. Then they community wants more servers. They add more servers. A few months later a large part of the populace leaves and the servers are underpopulated. Server merges then happen and the community freaks out.. OMG the game is dying.

Now I don't see this as the same thing because it IS a free private game project. I also have no problems of them bringing up another realm. I just think, instead of whiney posts (because let me tell you a lot of them come across as whiney) you could put it forward in a nicer way. Everyone knows that if the queue's continue they will have to open another realm. What does that mean? More money more time and you can't just snap your fingers and have it. Please take into account that there are real people with jobs and lives that have to manage this. So just be courteous and patient. That is all I'm getting at.

Also, I would love to be on a PvP server. I'm a very avid PvP player of 2k rating. I have played in the 2400 bracket with MageKidd from Tichondrius but I myself was only around 2k. We did some good dmg though against 2300+ teams. So i'm a decent PvP player and enjoy PvP immensely. However, these PvP realm are not blizzlike. These are not like Vanilla world PvP. They are way over populated with way too many kiddies abusing the system. Griefing and being immature little asses. So for now I'm on the PvP server and I love it but I do miss world PvP a lot.

~ Faith aka FaithDriven ~

Many people who cries to not open another server are just selfish and only thinking about their own game experience.

Ignoring other 20k+ players's bad experience and making them wait for hours in queue, just to feel a little better on their "old" server by not losing 1-2k player?

Blizzard servers had 3-4k (or less) and they were fine and marked as full, but many player here got used to the 2-3x extra population and they just afraid that they become "normal" again. On a PvP server it could be understandable (less target to gank, less fun for PvPers) but on PvE I can't see any benefit. 6-8k population is totally fine (maybe even little overcrowded), don't cry to make it 10k+ again on the old servers, even if the hardware could handle it

With 10k on new server and 10k in queue it shows that there is a demand for the server (Elysium) and this hype will not calm down even after a month. Or if it will calm down then it only means that 10000+ player gave up the waiting or had bad experience and left or just waiting...

Making 10k player leave to "calm the servers down" is NOT the solution!

HYPE: ye, for example: if they close ALL server but one and put max cap to 3k then half year later there would be max 5k ppl playing, but that doesn't mean that you can say: "See? the hype went down"... NO, it would only mean that ppl fed up and left or waiting to come back when they can actually play. Even I think I will stop trying and will go on standby until no queues...

Another server could solve the situation and I don't think that months later - as the hype fades - they will be ghost realms with only 2-3k players (which in retail totally not low)... no... 15k from 20k player will not just leave... I guess months later even if 5000 leaves, 2 server  could run stable at 6-9k without queues which is the ideal population but I' not even sure that many player will leave, maybe even more will come. Funding is not an issue, many would donate (including me) and could get the $ in notime, better than waiting for hours and not playing for weeks... because thats why most of us here... to play... and to play smooth... right?

Edited by damagepy

6 minutes ago, Faith said:

I had queue's of up to 8K on both realms, before I finally settled into the PvE realm due to the fact, mostly, that is was calming down faster and gave me a better ping rate. 

In regards to being rude, I just get tired of the same old thing.Server comes online in any popular game and it's crazy over populated. Then they community wants more servers. They add more servers. A few months later a large part of the populace leaves and the servers are underpopulated. Server merges then happen and the community freaks out.. OMG the game is dying.

Now I don't see this as the same thing because it IS a free private game project. I also have no problems of them bringing up another realm. I just think, instead of whiney posts (because let me tell you a lot of them come across as whiney) you could put it forward in a nicer way. Everyone knows that if the queue's continue they will have to open another realm. What does that mean? More money more time and you can't just snap your fingers and have it. Please take into account that there are real people with jobs and lives that have to manage this. So just be courteous and patient. That is all I'm getting at.

Also, I would love to be on a PvP server. I'm a very avid PvP player of 2k rating. I have played in the 2400 bracket with MageKidd from Tichondrius but I myself was only around 2k. We did some good dmg though against 2300+ teams. So i'm a decent PvP player and enjoy PvP immensely. However, these PvP realm are not blizzlike. These are not like Vanilla world PvP. They are way over populated with way too many kiddies abusing the system. Griefing and being immature little asses. So for now I'm on the PvP server and I love it but I do miss world PvP a lot.

~ Faith aka FaithDriven ~

Fair enough. I asked on another thread about Nostalrius PvP to put things into perspective. What was the population cap on Nostalrius PvP when it launched? How long were the queues the first weeks after launch? How long were they after a couple of months? If we get an answer to these questions we could come to a healthy conclusion regarding a new server.

6 minutes ago, damagepy said:

HYPE: ye, for example: if they close ALL server but one and put max cap to 3k then half year later there would be max 5k ppl playing, but that doesn't mean that you can say: "See? the hype went down"... NO, it would only mean that ppl fed up and left or waiting to come back when they can actually play. Even I think I will stop trying and will go on standby until no queues...

Yes, I believe this is the case we're having here. We must also consider the fact that there will be hype even on the new server. It basically means that those who couldn't start on Elysium PvP for a fresh start would come for this on the new server instead. We wouldn't just see huge numbers from Elysium PvP coming to the new server. We would also get a standalone stream of new players.

Actually the undertanker had a great post and after reading that post and the responses to this one I can confirm that if they added a new PvP server I will definitely be creating a character there. I miss PvP. :)

~ Faith ~

How could possibly another server ruin the experience on your old server? Nost has a steady population of like 10k players. 

Players like me and the people I play with wouldnt suddenly start playing on Nost if the new Elysium server didn´t launch, we´re there because it´s a fresh start and gives us something similar to the original experience of WoW. However I´m sad to say this queue is gonna make us all quit pretty soon. I got dc 3 times in the last 2 hours and had to start over from the back of the 10k+ queue. I think the only solution to get people to stay is to start up yet another new server, very soon.

23 hours ago, Faith said:

When the server has been up for what a week and I see you all posting about neeeding.. needing... NEEDING.. yah I call it crying. I'm a software engineer have a son and work my butt of everyday. When the Nos/Elysium servers started they virtually unplayable. Had massive que times for the first week. Did you ever see me ask for another realm or cry about it?  These guys are doing this for FREE. Read this.. -> FOR FREE. You are not paying for this. So again.. quit your crying.

You're an idiot. 

That is all