Sign in to follow this  
Masterbait

Holy Priest BiS Naxx / end of vanilla?

First of all: I know that it's way to early for this, but...

I looked up some BiS lists and almost every one is only ZG/MC/BWL, so i was wondering how the BiS for AQ and especially Naxx/end of Vanilla looks like for a Holy priest.

Maybe someone has a bookmark or Excel sheet.

Thx

Here's the BIS list from the Nost forums https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1l2o5WhYf18AsprwRoLYvuaSP96Y2xxJE743xXyenfHk/edit#gid=1585012469

On the 4th tab at the bottom, he lists the stat weights.

You can use those to do some math.

The overall usefulness of best in slot lists is reduced once you're in AQ40 since you should be switching your gear up depending on which fight you're doing.  Some are very long, others not so much, so one set of gear for all fights isn't a good idea.

You'll also want to consider picking up some gear from BWL that is lower down on lists like the above because in AQ40 they'll become much more powerful.  Ring of Blackrock is a perfect example of this.

Some gear I'm looking forward to in AQ40:

• Blessed Qiraji Augur Staff
  • Sartura's Might (sidegrade over Lei)
  • Robes of the Guardian Saint (more of a sidegrade over Truefaith)
  • Gloves of the Messiah
  • Ring of the Martyr
  • Bracelets of Royal Redemption
  • Scarab Brooch
  • Don Rigoberto's Lost Hat
  • Ternary Mantle
  • Ring of the Devoured
  • Cloak of Clarity
  • Grasp of the Old God
  • Amulet of the Fallen God
  • Scepter of the False Prophet

You'll also want to check out the neck from Ossirian and the Mace from the AQ20 set.  Gavel of Infinite Wisdom + Lei of the Lifegiver will replace your Benediction or Lok'amir until the Augur Staff or C'Thun mace.

If you're the designated Tier 2 8/8 guy for your guild, the set bonus remains quite powerful, meaning you're not going to be breaking up the set for now, depending on the fight, and you can focus on rings, trinkets, and weapons for upgrades.

Some gear currently available that remains very good through AQ and even into Naxx:

• Rejuv Gem
  • Empowered Leggings
  • Darkmoon Card: Blue Dragon
  • Pure Elementium Band
  • Boots of Pure Thought
  • Wavefront Necklace
  • Jindo's Evil Eye
Edited by Gardash

3 hours ago, Gardash said:

You'll also want to consider picking up some gear from BWL that is lower down on lists like the above because in AQ40 they'll become much more powerful.  Ring of Blackrock is a perfect example of this.

How is this meant? Do they get an stat upgrade? Why this damage ring especially? 

Thx for the input. 

It has 9mp5 which is a metric fuckton. In AQ40 some of the fights get considerably longer, making mp5 a more important stat than pure healing or int. With a few exceptions for mage and warlock tier gear, the rest of the gear does not get a stat update. 

Edited by Gardash

8/8 T3 with the band of Unanswered Prayers + Elementium band  + Rejuv Gem + Darkmoon Card + Naxx Neck. Weapon is preference as you really don't need anything over 1k+ heal. I'll be going for Spire of Twilight over other options, but many will scream that C'thun mace is best in game AINEC. I prefer Int / MP5 on my healing builds. 

22 hours ago, Mot said:

8/8 T3 with the band of Unanswered Prayers + Elementium band  + Rejuv Gem + Darkmoon Card + Naxx Neck. Weapon is preference as you really don't need anything over 1k+ heal. I'll be going for Spire of Twilight over other options, but many will scream that C'thun mace is best in game AINEC. I prefer Int / MP5 on my healing builds. 

Something like this 

http://realmplayers.com/CharacterDesigner.aspx?char=Dwarf+Priest+Male&items=Headx22514+Neckx23036+Shoulderx22515+Backx22960+Chestx22512+Shirtx11840+Tabardx22999+Wristx22519+Glovesx22517+Beltx22518+Legsx22513+Feetx22516+Finger_1x22939+Finger_2x19382+Trinket_1x19395+Trinket_2x23027+Main_Handx23056+Off_Handx23048+Rangedx23009+&generateShortURL=null

On 1/11/2017 at 4:08 AM, Mot said:

Atiesh

I ran into the same issue. I'm in Naxx now on a different server so I decided to make my own spreadsheet. I didn't fully understand the stat weights that the author of the Extended Priest BiS from Nost used but I tried to weigh in certain factors like Meditation talent, 3 set t2, spirit vs mp5 etc.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AMYy7gq5rSPqxexw6KWADPMXagng5gYynmo_HPhNgos/pubhtml#