Xzane

Account Hacked overnight

Hello, I made my ticket in-game but wondering if there's anything else I can/should do to help retrieve my items? I lost gold, almost all items in bags, and for some reason just my weapons on my Rogue on Elysium PvP, and lost lots of gold on Nost PvP. Any other information you need let me know and i'll provide. 

Sorry if wrong thread, I really just want to get my items back ASAP since I planned to go hardcore leveling this weekend :(

I'm having trouble changing my password but I have added an authenticator already. Thanks in advance! 

11 minutes ago, Nelythia said:

Unfortunately there is no way to get your gold/items back.

Account security is your responsibility.

Account information was leaked and even after changing my password after that announcement we cant be helped? why is that

They're all volunteers, they can't look into every compromised account for each deleted/sold/sent item or gold.

Its their policy to save a lot of time.

If you've changed your password after the announcement and before you got hacked, you probably chose a similar or as easy password :/

Well, or a password you've used before.

Edited by Nelythia

My responsibility was changing my password, which I did, I'm just asking gold + some items that'll help put me back on my feet and start leveling again. 

No it's not similar at all it was even double the size, with capital letters and numbers added in randomly. There is obviously something wrong here that has to be looked at. Just wait till level 60s start getting hacked cant wait till you tell them "Account security is your responsibility". 

The only time I got ever hacked in my whole gaming time was during BC retail.

Since then I used different accountnames, passwords and even emails for almost everything. Never got hacked since then.

So there is obviously nothing wrong when I, and multiple thousand others, are able to secure the own account.

"Account security is your responsibility" is the only thing I can say, because its the only answer everyone will give you. Even the staff.

11 minutes ago, Nelythia said:

The only time I got ever hacked in my whole gaming time was during BC retail.

Since then I used different accountnames, passwords and even emails for almost everything. Never got hacked since then.

So there is obviously nothing wrong when I, and multiple thousand others, are able to secure the own account.

"Account security is your responsibility" is the only thing I can say, because its the only answer everyone will give you. Even the staff.

Who exactly are you anyway? I'd like a reply from someone who has a GM title, or does that not exist on this server? 

GM's rarely answer in these threads.

But if it interests you I was a member of the staff on Nostalrius, so basically my answer is the same as I would've given you as GM.

Thanks for your input, Just really upset, timing couldn't of been worse.

I'm so pissed/greatful these BASTARDS sold only my weapons and not my gear (I'm a rogue). Troll hackers haha

1 hour ago, Nelythia said:

"Account security is your responsibility."

This right here is messed up. I've tried to get the 2-factoring authentication mail to be sent to me for a couple of days now. Nothing in the spam filter, nothing in my inbox. So the won't take responsibility for lost gold but they won't either take responsibility for their system not working as intended with proper security. I can't even change my password. >.<

Edited by hdnine

59 minutes ago, Excellion said:

Hello, I made my ticket in-game but wondering if there's anything else I can/should do to help retrieve my items? I lost gold, almost all items in bags, and for some reason just my weapons on my Rogue on Elysium PvP, and lost lots of gold on Nost PvP. Any other information you need let me know and i'll provide. 

Sorry if wrong thread, I really just want to get my items back ASAP since I planned to go hardcore leveling this weekend :(

I'm having trouble changing my password but I have added an authenticator already. Thanks in advance! 

I lost all my gold during the night too. Did your character appear where you left him/her when you logged on? I was in the same spot (i think?) but i had all of a sudden lost 2-3G. If the account was hacked, they would have needed to go to a mailbox to transfer the money right?

1 minute ago, hdnine said:

I lost all my gold during the night too. Did your character appear where you left him/her when you logged on? I was in the same spot (i think?) but i had all of a sudden lost 2-3G. If the account was hacked, they would have needed to go to a mailbox to transfer the money right?

Yeah I actually just finished listing items on the auction house then used hearthstone before logging out, when I logged back in this morning i was where I hearthstoned, went to check mail (friend sent me something) to see if any auctions had sold. Nothing showed in the mailbox except for my friends item, then I opened my bags to see them almost completely empty and 43copper to my name, went to kill something then realized I had no weapons haha (ONLY weapons were sold from equipped items) 

3 hours ago, Excellion said:

No it's not similar at all it was even double the size, with capital letters and numbers added in randomly. There is obviously something wrong here that has to be looked at. Just wait till level 60s start getting hacked cant wait till you tell them "Account security is your responsibility". 

Most likely someone has keylogged you.

Get a good antiviral program and clean your PC out real good. Quit visiting shady websites, and keep that antimalware running all the time. 

14 minutes ago, Glenzig said:

Get a good antiviral program and clean your PC out real good. Quit visiting shady websites, and keep that antimalware running all the time. 

Constant protection on with daily scans, but thanks anyway for the advice. :)