Sign in to follow this  
Jaatei

Unplayable Lag while sitting next to someone with very playable performance

Hi, I am looking for ideas as to what is wrong with my situation. I have been playing for a few days no problem, most recently on Zeth'Kur. I believe there was a change recently server side that resulted in a new folder being created in the WTF folder, Zeth'Kur instead of Zeth'Kur PVP. I know because I can see both files. Since this change my lag has been getting worse and worse.

I'm playing right next to my girlfriend, who has around 250ms latency, while my most recent time that I was able to log on showed 25,000ms latency.

We are using the same internet, and it doesn't seem to be an internet issue, as I'm able to do other things besides the game pretty well.

The computer has no problem handling the game, and generally loads quickly, so that's not an issue.

I'm really just asking because I'm at a total loss of any idea of where to look for a solution to the problem. I've tried several things like modifying the addons that are turned on, loading no addons, deleting the wtf folder, etc. But from the start, as I'm showing my gf how to play, we've been using all the same settings and addons.

Please give me some ideas if you can.

I should add a detail that may help.

There has been a few times where I can see that my movement commands go to the server instantly almost, because I see myself moving on my gf's screen, but on my screen I can't see my own movement or hers. So perhaps there's a problem with my computer receiving the information back from the server.

The new folder being created is a dead end. It happened because the devs changed the name of the server (getting rid of the "PvP" after the name) and so I would think thats not the problem at all.

On the other hand, have you tried Leatrix latency Fix? Also test your connection with Pingtest to somewhere near France (iirc servers are there) just in case you are losing Packets all around.