Sign in to follow this  
Fivp

Why the population is decreasing so fast?

9 hours ago, Hauzer said:

I think it's normal, there are still a ton of people playing.

Only fear if you are on Zeth'Kur, it will probably die before too long

It's still hitting 7K at peak which is what it was at launch weekend, so that's good - it just seems lower in the quiet periods. Not really sure whats going on. However, any significant drop within only 2 weeks is still slightly concerning.

1 minute ago, toniplavna said:

And btw I said that opening 1 more realm is mistake cuz population will drop and they will play on empty realm in a month

at peak hours there's still 10K on Elysium and 7K on Zethkur so that's a good 6000 queue if it was just one realm.

2 minutes ago, toniplavna said:

That new realm will probably transfer their chars to other realms in the future. You will see

I wouldn't be surprised to see both new realms merged at some point.  It's a bit difficult to transfer or merge servers that are on different timelines.  The fact that these two started so close together means they will always be at the same progression level, so there shouldn't be too many problems merging if the time comes.

Just now, arbet said:

at peak hours there's still 10K on Elysium and 7K on Zethkur so that's a good 6000 queue if it was just one realm.

Thats peak and how many days passed after opening? So late evening I guess there is 3k people cuz there is less than 6k on Anathema in late evening CET time.

2 hours ago, riplip said:

Why are you still lingering here? Your legion sub is waiting, casual

Lol only on the internet can insinuating one has a life can be viewed as a diss lmao.  Come on neckbeards, you gotta try harder than that.

China banned VPNs. 

The numbers were inflated by the character screen not timing out. 

There were never good times to farm anything, welcome to a more pure experience. 

Imo, 6-7k at peak is a sweet spot for getting all manner of things accomplished. Anymore than that and you flood every zone at all hours and the view distance on Anathema has improved by quite a bit. 

1 hour ago, Mealticket said:

China banned VPNs. 

The numbers were inflated by the character screen not timing out. 

There were never good times to farm anything, welcome to a more pure experience. 

Imo, 6-7k at peak is a sweet spot for getting all manner of things accomplished. Anymore than that and you flood every zone at all hours and the view distance on Anathema has improved by quite a bit. 

The ban is not yet in effect, and Elysium does not block chinese IPs, so it's irrelevant in the first place.

16 minutes ago, mozibake said:

you guys are playing the video game equivalent of a Skinner box and yelling about how HARDCORE it makes you

lmao

just lmao

Pretty much this, WoW has always been filled to the brim with gear-check content and tedium filled content, rather than skillbased content.

wow so hardcore you flipped hamburgers for a year ran deadmines 60 times for some low % loot

HAHAHAAHAH! THIS POST IS HILARIOUS!

Listen up OP. You are a moron. The servers are stabalising now after the mad rush of nerds taking days off to level and the good spread of players across all 4 servers.

Also a big contibutor are the newfags who couldn't hack it 'cause they are shit in life and shit in the game.

Then there are Shill-retards like this guy:

jNk4tos.jpg

YOU DON'T SEE HIM POST ANYMORE 'CAUSE HE LEFT TO GO BACK TO LEGION! :D :D :D :D :D :D

2 hours ago, GoForTheMoon said:

The ban is not yet in effect, and Elysium does not block chinese IPs, so it's irrelevant in the first place.

Pretty much this, WoW has always been filled to the brim with gear-check content and tedium filled content, rather than skillbased content.

wow so hardcore you flipped hamburgers for a year ran deadmines 60 times for some low % loot

The news article I saw was that the law in China was effective immediately. 

Either way, if you've ever played with an Australian, you'll get a real good reason why they use VPNs. 

9 minutes ago, Mealticket said:

The news article I saw was that the law in China was effective immediately. 

Either way, if you've ever played with an Australian, you'll get a real good reason why they use VPNs. 

would be interesting to know if making VPNs illegal does really affect them cause theyre afraid to get punished, or they just dont care. "unfortunately" only very few chinese seem to find here

how do VPNs improve ones latency btw? improving the path theyre being directed to the server?

23 hours ago, toniplavna said:

And btw I said that opening 1 more realm is mistake cuz population will drop and they will play on empty realm in a month

I am with this. I preferd sitting 10-15 Minutes in queue, that having two realm with "low" pop

On 1/26/2017 at 3:12 AM, Angryfrog said:

Hard work?  It's the grindiest version of the game but it's also the easiest mechanic wise.  It's not hard at all.  You can raid one or two nights a week for a couple hours and be done for the week.  

What do you raid? ZG? In order to Raid higher instances, even if you are a fringing Mage, requires time for preparation. From pots to rep for armor crafting. Except if you are a leech to your Guildmates.

I think there is a big bulk of players that realize its a long fucking way when they get to level 35+.  Other then that, more then healthy playerbase on every realm!

18 hours ago, mozibake said:

you guys are playing the video game equivalent of a Skinner box and yelling about how HARDCORE it makes you

lmao

just lmao

Wow is fun, but hardcore? Naah the only hardcore about it is the hours it requires for progress. So I presume that you play Eve-Online?

On 1/26/2017 at 6:13 AM, JunkShop said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see both new realms merged at some point.  It's a bit difficult to transfer or merge servers that are on different timelines.  The fact that these two started so close together means they will always be at the same progression level, so there shouldn't be too many problems merging if the time comes.

Agreed. This right here definitely removes any fear I might have had of the server dying anytime soon. 

Also there is more euro classic WoW players (or ppl in similar time zones) than there is NA players. I'm on Zeth and currently there's 2.8k ppl online at 10pm EST. At 9am-noon there is like 7k on. Peak times for pretty much all classic servers have always been Euro / Russia etc. prime times. So try checking the populations in another 12-14 hours or so and see what the difference is.

Also yeah, a chunk of people who wanted to try classic came and tried it. That's not to say they won't be back either. Classic servers always recycle players, that's why it's rare for even the top guilds to completely stop recruiting at any given time because the turn over is so huge.

I was in queue to Elysium PvP the day Zeth'Kur's released (13 January) and it was around 5500-7000 at peak time. From what I recall Zeth'Kur had a population of around 4500 to 5500 at that time. It doesn't seem as if Zeth'Kur got much bigger than that. I think people just vanished. Maybe they gave up after the downtime and the following announcement. Or they couldn't handle questing which can get very tedious, specially in the Barrens.

Still like 15 min queue sometimes at peak hours (EU Elysium). Its a bit less at like 0800-1100 server time, normally about 6.5k. Which is good, thats the time there is more questmobs=).

The difference between Elysium and retail is that it isnt zone specific. On retail there really is off hours when u can do stuff fast or find rare stuff or herb/mine. On Elysium its kinda prime Always for some zone. I dont Think big retail servers in Eu like silvermoon is Close to 6.5k at the times mentioned.