Shenna

Tinfoil Hat Magazine Edition #1

Just now, Yogdhir said:

Thanks for the reassuring update.

Is Fenrir still on the team?

Yes! Absolutely.

1 minute ago, Tyche said:

Yes! Absolutely.

Whew, that's a relief. Thank you! If he is purposefully avoiding reddit, then as a redditor I understand entirely.

41 minutes ago, truce said:

nothing but respect for you guys so far. now, if we could get a handle on the constant banning

don't buy gold

I just wanted to say thank you for all the work and effort you've put into this server and project. Real life has been a struggle lately and this server has been a bright spark in my life and something I genuinely enjoy.

Keep up the good work, we are eternally grateful!

I think your servers are great and it's absolutely fantastic if, with this announcement, you're taking an extra step into being more reachable towards the community.

Do you find it unreasonable though, that people worry about the project after everything that has taken place? After all, Nostalrius got brought down unexpectedly. You were also severely hacked which resulted in an extremely serious unauthorized GM access. Population has dramatically diminished as the now non-existent queue on Elysium PvP attests for. Several staff members of high importance have quit the project following the turbulence with Nostalrius. People also seem to be worried about certain staff members. There's a thread about Pottu and Fenrir concerning their absence and Pottu's deleted reddit account.

1 hour ago, Shenna said:

We’re extremely excited to see completely new & talented developers become interested in WoW emulation, and want to specifically work with our community. It’s refreshing to see developers becoming more interested in bringing legacy WoW back to life, now more than ever!

How many former Nostalrius staff members joined Elysium and how many are still within your ranks?

I understand that you're all busy working on the project and can't be available at all times. But now that you've got over 100 applicants to the project, why not recruit a few so we can be heard?

Thanks for the update. Good to see so many people want to help out. What is the status on patch 1.9? AQ20 was basically finished on PTR before Nostalrius shutdown.

2 hours ago, Shenna said:

P.S. Also, if any of the Chinese Government officials are listening: #FreeTheVPNs!

Virtue signalling is going out of style fam

Yo elysium you have a wealth of dedicated players who are with you every step of the way - all I want to say is fuck the naysayers and people who just want to spoil the fun with the negativity gathered from their broken lives

3 hours ago, Wirt said:

I think your servers are great and it's absolutely fantastic if, with this announcement, you're taking an extra step into being more reachable towards the community.

Do you find it unreasonable though, that people worry about the project after everything that has taken place? After all, Nostalrius got brought down unexpectedly. You were also severely hacked which resulted in an extremely serious unauthorized GM access. Population has dramatically diminished as the now non-existent queue on Elysium PvP attests for. Several staff members of high importance have quit the project following the turbulence with Nostalrius. People also seem to be worried about certain staff members. There's a thread about Pottu and Fenrir concerning their absence and Pottu's deleted reddit account.

How many former Nostalrius staff members joined Elysium and how many are still within your ranks?

I understand that you're all busy working on the project and can't be available at all times. But now that you've got over 100 applicants to the project, why not recruit a few so we can be heard?

I really don't want to derail this topic - however I will quickly answer your questions.

Yes we believe it is reasonable to have these questions - but we believe the questions stem from the fact that we simply don't announce when we recruit new members to the team. People move on, have other commitments, etc - it's volunteer work after all! We understand that seeing people leave, and none coming in, can be misleading - which is why we wanted to be transparent here.

I haven't seen this thread you speak of - feel free to private message it to me. Pottu is very much still a GM with Elysium. 

As we mentioned in the post - we ARE recruiting those applicants :) Things are progressing very well on our end. We realized that the perception from the outside was different from what was actually happening - hence the post.

If you have any other questions - please shoot me a message so we don't derail this topic :)

Tyche

I feel for your development team.  You only ever hear from the miserable minority.  Remember that all of the people quietly playing are voices that are pleased with your work.

16 minutes ago, cybaster said:

I feel for your development team.  You only ever hear from the miserable minority.  Remember that all of the people quietly playing are voices that are pleased with your work.

This