Sign in to follow this  
Church420

Well.

When  i first saw this server i was happy as could be but after getting to Level 30 all that time has made me realize how horrible it is to level on a PVP server here. Im constantly outnumbered and killed its taking wayyyyy to long to level and or complete quests... Im on Elysium the horde does have about 10% more pop than we do but its the amount of horde in almost every zone which is killing it for me literally nowhere is safe and its a pain when you have to constantly walk 5 minutes to your body. Ive literally been to every zone i can and its the same thing over n over n over n over n over. Now i understand it is a pvp server but there comes a time when it is just too much to deal with and you cannot transfer characters to other servers so it looks like im pretty much done here. Might check back in a few months or so maybe more and hopefully it will have calmed down by then but untill that happens theres no point of playing. Have fun Everyone!

It's a PvP server, you could have easily joined the PvE one if PvP is too much for you. I don't know what to say, besides the fact that PvP on Elysium will probably never change.

Just go play on the pve server. With no pvp and a reasonable population you'll get to where you are now so fast compared to elysium. Or if you still want world pvp try zeth kur instead. Both of these servers populations being reasonable will mean you reach where you current;y are MUCH faster. Or if the game just isn't fun for you anymore don't play cause whats the point if its not fun at all.

Edited by Holkan

A few tips to reduce ganking

1. don't quest in zones early in the zone level range, if it's a 30-40 zone wait til your mid 30's at the minimum 

2. GROUP UP!! a party of 5 is much less tempting to ganked than a solo player

If your low level and running solo expect to be ganked often your faction of choice won't matter as tge server pops are even enough that you'll run across the opposite faction often.

Another option is to level through dungeons. I'm just reaching lvl 30, but I remember it pretty well from old Nost. Gnomer/RFK/SM/RFD/ZF/Ulda should take you past the tough 30-45. Can be decent XP if you have a good group, and best of all no ganking.

Edited by Modsat
Edit: Forgot ZF :)

I've NEVER been this much greykilled on Zeth'Kur than in every other servers. I don't know what Alliance has eaten but I'm litteraly pownd from groups - yes, groups - of red to skull players in every zone I go. Most 1vs1 scenarios happen if I gank, otherwise Alliance usually don't solo unless you're mid-life on a mob.

I'm still going on, but tbh I have a lot of free time.

3 minutes ago, (TheReal) Krom said:

I've NEVER been this much greykilled on Zeth'Kur than in every other servers. I don't know what Alliance has eaten but I'm litteraly pownd from groups - yes, groups - of red to skull players in every zone I go. Most 1vs1 scenarios happen if I gank, otherwise Alliance usually don't solo unless you're mid-life on a mob.

I'm still going on, but tbh I have a lot of free time.

It's no different with Horde

I didn't think otherwise, I think people just see you as a random honor bag, than enjoying a fair fight.

Yellow to Yellow must have been 30% of my PVP experience, but I still feel Horde still are more solo-gankers, than Alliance, who then to just don't care if you pass by.

6 hours ago, Church420 said:

When  i first saw this server i was happy as could be but after getting to Level 30 all that time has made me realize how horrible it is to level on a PVP server here. Im constantly outnumbered and killed its taking wayyyyy to long to level and or complete quests... Im on Elysium the horde does have about 10% more pop than we do but its the amount of horde in almost every zone which is killing it for me literally nowhere is safe and its a pain when you have to constantly walk 5 minutes to your body. Ive literally been to every zone i can and its the same thing over n over n over n over n over. Now i understand it is a pvp server but there comes a time when it is just too much to deal with and you cannot transfer characters to other servers so it looks like im pretty much done here. Might check back in a few months or so maybe more and hopefully it will have calmed down by then but untill that happens theres no point of playing. Have fun Everyone!

I know the pain.

And "1shotting players isnt PVP"- Widowcry aka toniplavna. See ya on Anathema

3 hours ago, Modsat said:

Another option is to level through dungeons. I'm just reaching lvl 30, but I remember it pretty well from old Nost. Gnomer/RFK/SM/RFD/ZF/Ulda should take you past the tough 30-45. Can be decent XP if you have a good group, and best of all no ganking.

No, dungeons are not "decent" XP. Especially by level 30. Even a full run to the end boss will only net you maybe 8-12% exp, so you have to run the dungeon like 6 or 7 times for a single level up, which can easily take 8+ hours if you factor in getting a groups, because nobody else is going to want to sit around and run the same dungeon 6 times straight.

So you

1.saw that Elysium was extremely populated(this is what zeth is for)

2.saw that said extremely populated server was a pvp server

And it didn't occur to you that pvp zones would be unplayable hell?

Oh no i understand completely what PvP is about. I Started playing on Mannoroth in 2006, waiting for hour long Ques to get in. 

Even with the server pop and the players online i didnt think it would have been this crowded or this hard to quest/even go into contested zones. I assumed there would be plenty of PvP during grinding/questing but i didnt think the zones would be saturated and nearly unplayable. 

So yes this was unexpected, leveling 1-29 was no issue once 30 hit it was like a road-block. There hasnt been a quest i completed that i havent died 1-5 times trying to complete. Im not just gonna sit there n grind the same dungeon over n over n over n over n over n over because of thats just boring.

1 minute ago, Church420 said:

Oh no i understand completely what PvP is about. I Started playing on Mannoroth in 2006, waiting for hour long Ques to get in. 

Even with the server pop and the players online i didnt think it would have been this crowded or this hard to quest/even go into contested zones.

boi

these servers have upwards of 6k players, Elysium goes up to like 12k

retail vanilla servers were around 2-3k

Even so, you willingly chose to play on a PvP server and now you're crying about being ganked

lol

Oh, im not "crying" about anything. 

Mainly i was putting my opinion out there not only for myself but so other players dont make the same mistake as i did. 

Do have a point tho, i didnt know the Vanilla wow server only held 2-3k so this is new to me, if i had that knowledge before i started i wouldnt have rolled Elysium.

In the end, knowing the retail vanilla servers were only 2-3k then Elysium shouldnt have almost tripled the player cap seeing that it would cause issues with allot of players. If the zones/world werent made to hold this many players, then for people to get the "Real Vanilla Wow Experience"  they shouldnt have made the player cap that much knowing it would cause issues in gameplay AND OR WARN people that want to play on elysium that they will have issues with this since it is soo crowded. Otherwise for instance, people like me that think its fine n dandy till you reach 30 then figure out its horrible n you just wasted all that time leveling on a shitty server.

29 minutes ago, Church420 said:

im not "crying" about anything

you stupid inbred fuck. 

delicious tears

making a whole thread whining about being ganked and proclaiming that you're leaving the server, seems a lot like crying to me

Actually I can relate to what he is saying, cuz the "PvP" on Elysium isn't really PvP. 5v1, 10v1, 15v1 even 20v1 aint really a challenge is it. Anyways no reason to b*tch about it, deal with it, get to 60 and gank the lowies and hope they quit the server so their faction will suffer in the future, that's my plan :)

7 hours ago, Velcie said:

Actually I can relate to what he is saying, cuz the "PvP" on Elysium isn't really PvP. 5v1, 10v1, 15v1 even 20v1 aint really a challenge is it. Anyways no reason to b*tch about it, deal with it, get to 60 and gank the lowies and hope they quit the server so their faction will suffer in the future, that's my plan :)

Or make friends, play together as a group, you anti-social fuck. Get that basement dwelling attitude out of your head.

8 hours ago, Church420 said:

Even with the server pop and the players online i didnt think it would have been this crowded or this hard to quest/even go into contested zones. I assumed there would be plenty of PvP during grinding/questing but i didnt think the zones would be saturated and nearly unplayable. 

So yes this was unexpected, leveling 1-29 was no issue once 30 hit it was like a road-block. There hasnt been a quest i completed that i havent died 1-5 times trying to complete. Im not just gonna sit there n grind the same dungeon over n over n over n over n over n over because of thats just boring.

Mannoroth US?  Did you play there during cata?  I lead one of the highest rated US grand marshal rbg teams on that server then.  (Not Recruiting) on alliance side.

Edited by Angryfrog