Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Helzing

How active is Horde side?

Recommended Posts

Sup, y'all I am planning on rolling Darrowshire PVE Horde side, now as the title says, just how active is Orgrimmar chat and horde overall? Are there alot of raids/pugs, how fast are bg queues? I assume the bg queue is long for allies, can anyone confirm? Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

always active chat and you can find lots of pugs, no idea about the qtime for alliance though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From alliance perspective: Last saturday I had Alterac Valley queue times between 20 and 40 minutes. Mostly 40 minutes though. Queue times should be instant for horde.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i play NA time (GMT -3hrs) and no one is around. server is dead in horde side. As tank i struggle to find a group at 60 for basic dungeons so yea dont come here if ure NA time player. Dont know about EU times yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2017 at 2:33 PM, Nelythia said:

Long queues for alliance

Instant invites for horde

Guess we should add the sad fact that horde's sucks balls in pvp sadly :(

ITS LIKE JUST 10% WINRATE ><

 

So rly hope ur a good pvp'er we need them in our grasps

 

- Art

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Artillias said:

Guess we should add the sad fact that horde's sucks balls in pvp sadly :(

ITS LIKE JUST 10% WINRATE ><

 

So rly hope ur a good pvp'er we need them in our grasps

 

- Art

maybe you dont realize this is PVE server, which means MOSTLY the people who come here dont care about pvp at all if not to get 10% mount discount.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Aderlass said:

Horde premade wins like 95% of the time in WSG/AB.

Oh lol i wasent aware of that.

Sorry for my words then lads

 

I care for PvE purely myself, and time to time do some PvP, its mostly because i dont have the time to do PvP due to work ect.

 

But we sure would like new ppl on the server, and the community seems good so far +3 from me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/7/2017 at 9:52 AM, Asherdoom said:

i play NA time (GMT -3hrs) and no one is around. server is dead in horde side. As tank i struggle to find a group at 60 for basic dungeons so yea dont come here if ure NA time player. Dont know about EU times yet

This alone stopped me from rolling here. ty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The population is already a low-pop realm, add onto the fact that the overpop is 33% horde, makes the server extremely dead during anytime other than EU peak (~20:00ST). Regret leveling to 60 and wish I went to elysium. Zethkur probably has even more of a regret since its on same patch, but they most likely will get the merge, where as Darrow will never get a merger due to it being pve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fatorc-Darrowshire said:

I've been trying to get into AV for a long time at 60 not 1 que i would suggest not rolling here

Why would people queue? PvE population is way more progress oriented. We have the players who push for high standings (who will obviously not want to queue into 30 non-premade people) or people who only queue AV for the reputation. Reputation is best farmed by queueing during AV weekends.

No offense, but Alterac Valley pops are not an indicator for potential population issues.

44 minutes ago, Dizeliun said:

The population is already a low-pop realm, add onto the fact that the overpop is 33% horde, makes the server extremely dead during anytime other than EU peak (~20:00ST).

Those numbers are plain wrong. Depending on the day and the time, Darrowshire still represents the population of a "high-pop" realm by vanilla retail standards. Your ratio is also off by quite a few percent.

I can only suggest new players who wonder whether they want to roll on the realm or not to just log in, try a few levels and if still worried, talk to an experienced and/or established player - those people usually have a better overview on the server's situation than some freshly dinged 60.

Edited by Poly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Poly said:

Why would people queue? PvE population is way more progress oriented. We have the players who push for high standings (who will obviously not want to queue into 30 non-premade people) or people who only queue AV for the reputation. Reputation is best farmed by queueing during AV weekends.

No offense, but Alterac Valley pops are not an indicator for potential population issues.

Those numbers are plain wrong. Depending on the day and the time, Darrowshire still represents the population of a "high-pop" realm by vanilla retail standards. Your ratio is also off by quite a few percent.

I can only suggest new players who wonder whether they want to roll on the realm or not to just log in, try a few levels and if still worried, talk to an experienced and/or established player - those people usually have a better overview on the server's situation than some freshly dinged 60.

I never stated any numbers, I stated the factual alliance to horde ratio and the fact that it is a low population server (in todays standards). If you think 200 level 60s is "high pop" on a faction then you are clearly ignorant to what it takes to build a thriving guild. That should be in 1 guild alone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dizeliun said:

I never stated any numbers, I stated the factual alliance to horde ratio and the fact that it is a low population server (in todays standards). If you think 200 level 60s is "high pop" on a faction then you are clearly ignorant to what it takes to build a thriving guild. That should be in 1 guild alone.

Which data do you base your comments on then? I'd like to see your sources for those ratios.

Concerning your "200 level 60s" argument - being in one of the top guilds on the server I can assure you that you don't need 200 people to get there. As a matter of fact, 40 - 50 dedicated players are often enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Poly said:

Which data do you base your comments on then? I'd like to see your sources for those ratios.

Concerning your "200 level 60s" argument - being in one of the top guilds on the server I can assure you that you don't need 200 people to get there. As a matter of fact, 40 - 50 dedicated players are often enough.

Are you just ignorant or trolling? https://elysium-project.org/status

You are either in LE, CM, or Vicarious. Those are the only 3 guilds that are anything to look at.

 

50 level 60s per roster

~300 level 60s on the server horde side on at a time

5 already established guilds

50*5 = 250 

300-250 = 50

thus ~50 level 60s spread across the remaining guilds all of which don't want to work together to form a solid group. The server is dead and along with it are the idiots who caused it.

Edited by Dizeliun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You realise that there are stability issues currently which means a lot of players can't even log in right now?

And I really don't see your line of argument concerning the second part. You take my argument, do some elementary school mathematics and put it like I proved your point.

Turns out there is no way to discuss matters with you on a rational level - and as I really don't need to listen to your personal attacks, I'll just back out of it right here.

Edited by Poly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You clearly don't comprehend the server is dying regaurdless of if there are technical issues or not. And the horde ratios is still 33% even when the servers up. YOU are the one that cannot discuss this issue because like you said, you turn it into an argument rather than a debate involving factual evidence.

Edited by Dizeliun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BG queue times are instant most of the time on the horde side. However, people play only the battleground of the ongoing weekend, so do not expect AV pop during WSG or AB weekend. Horde pugs are struggling because the overall quality of team composition is usually better on the alliance side for some reason. On the contrary, horde premades win like 99% of the games. 

Speaking of 5 ppl dungeons, there are lots of groups running any kind of them during the EU prime time. If you want to look for 5 men group in the off hours - it might be slower, but still absolutely doable.

Edited by Tehgenesis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm surprised no one has figured out that a slightly lower Horde population means less competition for open world resource spawns (mining nodes, herbs, quest items) in Horde areas.  You'd think that players ought to have a fair grasp of Supply & Demand by now ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×