Thron

HD models for Classic

I prefer no transmog as that way you can tell when someone is a good player/ has achieved a lot in game from viewing them. I also prefer the lack of achievements. My main problem with achievements is that they reward underachievers and encourage mediocrity. This is symptomatic of a general trend in Western society towards the lowest common denominator.

People should have to be skilled, or put in a large amount of time/effort to gain gear or pvp ranks that give them prestige. Instead, a person can get an achievement for reaching a low level, collecting some transmogs, surviving a high fall, and so on, they can even gain titles through various petty activities. I do not think people who have nothing to be proud of should be handed unwarranted praise. In time, this kind of mindset contributes to the denigration of a culture and the death of a civilisation. Lok ' tar ogar!!

Edited by Daxter

23 hours ago, Cogfather said:

The situation is not that we have anything specifically against any of our players using the models, but that our current anti-cheat system specifically looks for changes in game files.

It's difficult to distinguish, in some circumstances, between your sexy new orc model, and another file that is meant to give you an advantage.

If our Warden/Anti-cheat system catches you, regardless of what you're editing and for what reason, more often than not you will be unable to appeal for an unban.

Well, currently and for like forever and like on every other single private server, no anti cheat is detecting or banning people for those, so.

And with those i mean, character model swaps, character model swaps to WoD and stuff like that. Havnt tested much else.

If you suddenly go "Omg, we need to update our anti-cheats so its not possible", warn first, or tons of people will get banned all of a sudden.

Edited by athero

1 hour ago, Daxter said:

I prefer no transmog as that way you can tell when someone is a good player/ has achieved a lot in game from viewing them. I also prefer the lack of achievements. My main problem with achievements is that they reward underachievers and encourage mediocrity. This is symptomatic of a general trend in Western society towards the lowest common denominator.

People should have to be skilled, or put in a large amount of time/effort to gain gear or pvp ranks that give them prestige. Instead, a person can get an achievement for reaching a low level, collecting some transmogs, surviving a high fall, and so on, they can even gain titles through various petty activities. I do not think people who have nothing to be proud of should be handed unwarranted praise. In time, this kind of mindset contributes to the denigration of a culture and the death of a civilisation. Lok ' tar ogar!!

I don't like achievements much either, but you do have to put time and effort into pvp to get gear and pvp titles. Having silly achievements in game does not negate that. Also, claiming they encourage mediocrity really depends on the achievement itself [Glory to the Icecrown Raider, and Scarab Lord] come to mind.

Hell even the lvl achievements can be used to show how fast you lvld.

Gear does not always show if you are a good player especially if you are on an alt or do GDKP runs. Also as already mentioned, you can inspect them or look at things like HP, MP or if grouped with them check out their DPS or healing done.

If you need to show off your shinies then don't Xmog, and  the only time another person's gear is any of your concern is when they are playing with you or smashing your face in. Blizz even let people inspect both factions. 

1 hour ago, arbet said:

On the other hand, achievements (and transmog for that matter) encourage players to re-visit old content, which I think is great.

That's why I spent so much damn time in outland and the bloodscale on a worgen is just funny, bonus points if you use the invisible DK belt so it really looks like a thong. 

Edited by behemothdog

2 hours ago, arbet said:

On the other hand, achievements (and transmog for that matter) encourage players to re-visit old content, which I think is great.

There is no old content in vanilla.

Modifying game files is not supported or condoned. As such, should the internal game protection trigger a ban off modified game files, that ban would likely be permanent. It is important to remember that "haven't" is not the same as "won't".

This means that you are using modified files at your own risk

Officially, Elysium realms require an unmodified 1.12 WoW client (excepting addons and settings). Anything else is not supported.

There are no plans by Elysium to introduce updated models or animations.

Locking this thread.