Thron

HD models for Classic

They promised to add a few "peaceful" mods like that in exceptions ,but cant find any information in a forum.

they didn't promise to add anything like that afaik.  they said its bannable and use at your own risk.  you may get banned and at that point its on you to prove it you werent modifying for hacking purposes.  all the while your account is banned for days or weeks with slim chance of getting it back.  so use at your own risk.

The Elysium Project team is always interested to hear feedback from the players. However, we do have our project philosophy, which is to create and maintain a Blizzlike vanilla server for all players. This means that some suggestions will always be refused and posting them is a waste of time.

Below is a non-exhaustive list of suggestions that you should not bother posting:

Dual-spec

Removed / reduced re-spec costs

Dungeon finder / group finder

Name / race / class / faction / appearance change services

Any Pay-To-Win services

Increased XP / Gold / Honour rates

WoD models or allowing players to edit game files

Not sure why anyone would want those trash looking models anyway.

You WILL be banned and it will NOT be overturned under ANY circumstances.

Dual-talents is a flaw in blizzard mechanics since wotlk. They should add like PENTA-TALENTS, so you can have multiple talents for more sutiations in both: pve and pvp. Whats the problem so they are not adding more than dual-spec? Is that something that will overload the servers? Lol 

So as I said, you can have more options for different situations in pve and pvp, and they could do gold flush different than to spend the gold on relearn ur talents...

59 minutes ago, arucado said:

Why would you want new models? they are fugly

They are not ugly, even if I dont like elfs eyes. They have better animations and more polygons.

1 hour ago, arucado said:

Why would you want new models? they are fugly

The animations all around are a lot smoother which plenty of people prefer.

To the OP: According to the CM the staff have no issue with it, but the anti-cheat in place will ban you if they pick it up since it does involve changing the game files. He said if you can prove you were only changing the files for the WOD models you'll be unbanned but the burdon of proof is on you so its a do at your own risk at this time.

He said they want to try to make a work around at some point so the anti-cheat wont ban people for using WOD models but obviously thats a Soon™ thing.

Model changes are client-side only. They wouldn't know if you were using one. Unless it affects map or gives you an edge in some way.

Edited by masochisme

The situation is not that we have anything specifically against any of our players using the models, but that our current anti-cheat system specifically looks for changes in game files.

It's difficult to distinguish, in some circumstances, between your sexy new orc model, and another file that is meant to give you an advantage.

If our Warden/Anti-cheat system catches you, regardless of what you're editing and for what reason, more often than not you will be unable to appeal for an unban.

24 minutes ago, masochisme said:

Model changes are client-side only. They wouldn't know if you were using one. Unless it affects map or gives you an edge in some way.

This is false. They CAN detect it with Warden that checks .mpq files locally in your client.

4 minutes ago, Cogfather said:

The situation is not that we have anything specifically against any of our players using the models, but that our current anti-cheat system specifically looks for changes in game files.

It's difficult to distinguish, in some circumstances, between your sexy new orc model, and another file that is meant to give you an advantage.

If our Warden/Anti-cheat system catches you, regardless of what you're editing and for what reason, more often than not you will be unable to appeal for an unban.

Why is here every single ban, perma ban?

1 minute ago, toniplavna said:

Why is here every single ban, perma ban?

Problably because repeat-offenders would take up ALOT of GM time that could be better spent helping non-cheaters.

26 minutes ago, Storfan said:

This is false. They CAN detect it with Warden that checks .mpq files locally in your client.

Depends on how this Warden system works. Might be interesting to know.

And you can edit .wdb files as well.

Edited by masochisme

18 minutes ago, smokeit said:

Why does no one ask; why? WHY would you want those new weebass anime models??

I'm curious as to how adding more polygons somehow makes it "anime weeb".

Well ppl here usually dislike everything thats not vanilla and maybe TBC. Rest is probably all garbage for them. Many things are but not all of them. 

For example: 

-Flying is total garbage-kills world pvp
-Garrisons are total garbage- I dont want to speak about this crap

+Transmog is good addition-cant kill nobody
+Achievements are good addition - cant kill nobody

Transmog is terrible, you dont know what gear people are using from a first glance like you used to be able to.

Like you'd see that epic weapon, or 2k rating shoulders and be like woah. Thats completely gone from retail.

Regarding the models I think some of them look ok but I play undead and the undead hd animations are awful, running and casting animations ruined.

1 hour ago, bigboinz said:

Transmog is terrible, you dont know what gear people are using from a first glance like you used to be able to.

Like you'd see that epic weapon, or 2k rating shoulders and be like woah. Thats completely gone from retail.

Regarding the models I think some of them look ok but I play undead and the undead hd animations are awful, running and casting animations ruined.

Not all of us stand in awe of gear. And when it matters you can inspect people. 

2 hours ago, bigboinz said:

everything this man said

19 hours ago, toniplavna said:

Well ppl here usually dislike everything thats not vanilla and maybe TBC. Rest is probably all garbage for them. Many things are but not all of them. 

For example: 

-Flying is total garbage-kills world pvp
-Garrisons are total garbage- I dont want to speak about this crap

+Transmog is good addition-cant kill nobody
+Achievements are good addition - cant kill nobody

Achievements are a poor addition as it's just another thing that drives a wedge in the community.  Ever seen the 'link XXXX achievement or no invite'?  That kind of stuff along with gear score and the LFD tool are what started the game on it's downward path, particularly from a community point of view.  It starts arguments, it causes friction between players.  I don't want to see any more of that than we already have.  Maybe some kind of personal achievement system where only the player gets to see them might work, but it's not blizz-like and it's not vanilla wow.

Transmog I couldn't care less about, I don't even have a transmog in retail, I live in the gear I find as I have since I first started playing vanilla back in the day.  I don't really see the need to play dolly dress up with my characters.

44 minutes ago, JunkShop said:

Achievements are a poor addition as it's just another thing that drives a wedge in the community.  Ever seen the 'link XXXX achievement or no invite'?  That kind of stuff along with gear score and the LFD tool are what started the game on it's downward path, particularly from a community point of view.  It starts arguments, it causes friction between players.  I don't want to see any more of that than we already have.  Maybe some kind of personal achievement system where only the player gets to see them might work, but it's not blizz-like and it's not vanilla wow.

Transmog I couldn't care less about, I don't even have a transmog in retail, I live in the gear I find as I have since I first started playing vanilla back in the day.  I don't really see the need to play dolly dress up with my characters.

On the other hand, achievements (and transmog for that matter) encourage players to re-visit old content, which I think is great.