Sign in to follow this  
Destron

Herb Node Map

I'm sure it's possible, but with the add-on Cartographer, each herb you've ever clicked on since activating the add-on will be saved to your zone maps. It comes in handy after you've discovered herb nodes, for it allows you to plan grinding paths further down the line. Discovered a butt-load of Silverleaf and Bruiseweed spawns in Loch Modan this way.

In my experiences, the herb spawns on Elysium servers are very close, if not exactly the same, as the ones listed on Vanillagaming.

For example, Dreamfoil spawns in Azshara, the map on Vanillagaming shows this:

b3d4c2b299.png

I went through and added ALL of those locations, manually, to Gatherer's database. (the lua file in WTF/Account/(account name)/SavedVariables)

After going around Azshara a few times...I found these locations to be accurate. I didn't find a single Dreamfoil outside of one of the marked locations.

So yeah, if you want Gatherer databases for herbs, just go to http://db.vanillagaming.org/?objects=-3 and mouse over the map notes to get the coords, then copypaste entries within the Gatherer lua file, and enter the coordinates. Takes a while to do, but it gives you an accurate Gatherer database.

Edited by gotmilk0112

12 hours ago, gotmilk0112 said:

I went through and added ALL of those locations, manually, to Gatherer's database. (the lua file in WTF/Account/(account name)/SavedVariables)

Lol, are you me? I did this with every single herb spawn on the Emerald Dream server. It really takes a lot of hours to complete, but the end-result map is worth it. You should consider finishing the piece and sharing it with the rest of us ;)

1 hour ago, Tolle said:

Lol, are you me? I did this with every single herb spawn on the Emerald Dream server. It really takes a lot of hours to complete, but the end-result map is worth it. You should consider finishing the piece and sharing it with the rest of us ;)

Each pin have an attribute containing the location in a very consistent format, so it should be possible to make a script that would convert each map into something that could be pasted to the LUA file. Just need to figure out how the LUA file is structured, if you can provide me with an explanation I see what I can do.

2 hours ago, Veggen said:

Each pin have an attribute containing the location in a very consistent format, so it should be possible to make a script that would convert each map into something that could be pasted to the LUA file. Just need to figure out how the LUA file is structured, if you can provide me with an explanation I see what I can do.

This is the format Gatherer uses for herb nodes:

[1] = {
["gtype"] = 1,
["x"] = 68.63,
["count"] = 1,
["icon"] = 24,
["y"] = 23.41,
},

"gtype", no idea what it does, but it seems to be the same for every herb. "count" also doesn't really matter, IIRC. "icon" just determines which herb icon to show for that entry. X and Y are self-explanatory. The number on the first line, however, must be unique. If there are multiple entries with the same number, Gatherer will use the first one and delete any entries after it, with the same number.

So what I did was I just took that format and copypasted it over and over within Gatherer's data file, and manually edited the X and Y coordinates for each entry:

1fadbc0d97.png

Edited by gotmilk0112

36 minutes ago, gotmilk0112 said:

This is the format Gatherer uses for herb nodes:

[1] = {
["gtype"] = 1,
["x"] = 68.63,
["count"] = 1,
["icon"] = 24,
["y"] = 23.41,
},

"gtype", no idea what it does, but it seems to be the same for every herb. "count" also doesn't really matter, IIRC. "icon" just determines which herb icon to show for that entry. X and Y are self-explanatory. The number on the first line, however, must be unique. If there are multiple entries with the same number, Gatherer will use the first one and delete any entries after it, with the same number.

So what I did was I just took that format and copypasted it over and over within Gatherer's data file, and manually edited the X and Y coordinates for each entry:

1fadbc0d97.png

Great info, thank you.

How does it handle different zones? I downloaded a Gatherer.lua file and had a look at it, looks pretty decent, but a little unsure how it organizes the different zones, is it after the zone id? 

2 hours ago, Veggen said:

How does it handle different zones? I downloaded a Gatherer.lua file and had a look at it, looks pretty decent, but a little unsure how it organizes the different zones, is it after the zone id? 

Hm...I'm not entirely sure. I think that it uses another number as the zone ID, and then lists all the herbs beneath that number.

For example, there's this:

9c6048e5a1.png

Which seems to correspond to the two Firebloom nodes that I have found in Searing Gorge:

z5N6jEo.png

So yeah, it looks like it just uses more nested brackets, in the form of:

Zone1

{

Herb1

{1,

}

{2

}

Herb2

{1,

}

{2

}

}

Zone2

{

}

etc

Edited by gotmilk0112

21 hours ago, Veggen said:

Great info, thank you.

I'll elaborate on the stuff Gotmilk missed:

gtype: Gatherer works with more than just herbs. I can't remember what each number represents right now, but I can confirm when I get home if needed. As far as I remember, 0 = trasure (chests, fishing pools, quest containers, etc.), 1 = herbs, 2 = mining nodes.

x: self-explanatory.

count: number of times a herb has been looted.

icon: Gotmilk was correct here - the number represents the icon matching the herb on location.

y: self-explanatory.

As for zones:

This is a bit far away, but if I remember correctly:

There are different levels. First level represents which body of land, the next which herb/mining node type.

Following is an example and not actual code:

[1] <--- this could be Kalimdor.
	[13] <--- this could be Mulgore.
		[Peacebloom]
			Data
			Data
			Data
			Data
			Data
		[Briarthorn]
			Data
		[Silverleaf]
			Data
			Data
			Data
			Data
			Data
			Data
			Data
			Data
			Data
	[21] <--- This could be moonglade.
             etc
[2] <--- This could be Eastern Kingdom.
	[21] <--- Even though this number is the same as above, it could be a different zone since it is in EK.

Sorry for it not being more exact. I am not home atm, but can provide an exact explanation later if needed.

I don't remember there being any logic to the number chosen for the zone.

Edit: I can confirm that containers are 0, herbs are 1, and mining nodes are 2.

Additionally, 1 = Kalimdor, 2 = Eastern Kingdom. There are 21 zones for Kalimdor numbered 1-21, and 25 zones for Eastern Kingdom numbered 1-25.

During my old project I added a token in the corner of the map to credit my guild who were a big part in finishing the project. Using the same code, we can test which zone is which by making a custom tag and then identifying a zone by finding the token:

["|Gatherer Project - A Gatherer Database| by The Vidya - Alliance Guild on Emerald Dream"] = {
				[1] = {
					["gtype"] = 1,
					["x"] = 1,
					["count"] = 1,
					["icon"] = 2,
					["y"] = 99,
				},
			},

Here's a link to the completed Gatherer.lua for EMERALD DREAM - THE NODES DO NOT MATCH ANATHEMA.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/366fhjj6xgqpsrm/Gatherer.lua?dl=0

Edit 2: I went ahead and did what I suggested. Here are all the zone numbers. After having done this, I realize that they are alphabetically ordered and are ordered after MAP not zone, so capital cities have a number as well since they have their own map.

1 (Kalimdor):

1 = Ashenvale
2 = Azshara
3 = Darkshore
4 = Darnassus
5 = Desolace
6 = Durotar
7 = Dustwallow Marsh
8 = Felwood
9 = Feralas
10 = Moonglade
11 = Mulgore
12 = Orgrimmar
13 = Silithus
14 = Stonetalon Mountains
15 = Tanaris
16 = Teldrassil
17 = The Barrens
18 = Thousand Needles
19 = Thunder Bluff
20 = Un'Goro Crater
21 = Winterspring

2 (Eastern Kingdom):

1 = Alterac Mountains
2 = Arathi Highlands
3 = Badlands
4 = Blasted Lands
5 = Burning Steppes
6 = Deadwind Pass
7 = Don Morogh
8 = Duskwood
9 = Eastern Plaguelands
10 = Elwynn Forest
11 = Hillsbrad Foothills
12 = Ironforge
13 = Loch Modan
14 = Redridge Mountains
15 = Searing Gorge
16 = Silverpine Forest
17 = Stormwind City
18 = Stranglethorn Vale
19 = Swamp of Sorrows
20 = The Hinterlands
21 = Tirisfal Glades
22 = Undercity
23 = Western Plaguelands
24 = Westfall
25 = Wetlands

Edited by Tolle
Added Gatherer.lua file for examination.

better gather them & they will add progressively on your map (gatherer). Cuz you'll be sad trying to search for 200 nodes & finding only 10.

53 minutes ago, Aladya said:

better gather them & they will add progressively on your map (gatherer). Cuz you'll be sad trying to search for 200 nodes & finding only 10.

Aladya, I don't think you understand what this is about.. Finding them manually means you'll be missing out on a bunch of spwans. Someone already mentioned that all the spawns on db.vanillagaming.org are correct so there will be no "searching for 200 nodes and finding only 10".

3 hours ago, Aladya said:

Adding nodes to Gatherher is not for "trying to find 200 nodes". It shows you where all of the spawns are so that, instead of wandering aimlessly around the zone, you can make a path through the spawn locations.

It's the same concept as camping a respawn point for a specific rare or quest mob. You take note of where it spawns, so that you know where to go, instead of wandering around not knowing where to find it.

Edited by gotmilk0112

On 6/3/2017 at 11:51 AM, Veggen said:

Each pin have an attribute containing the location in a very consistent format, so it should be possible to make a script that would convert each map into something that could be pasted to the LUA file.

So, do you think it's possible to do with the information above? :D

On 07/03/2017 at 5:10 PM, Tolle said:

Aladya, I don't think you understand what this is about.. Finding them manually means you'll be missing out on a bunch of spwans. Someone already mentioned that all the spawns on db.vanillagaming.org are correct so there will be no "searching for 200 nodes and finding only 10".

I said that because you can import nodes from db & wander around & find only 10 nodes from 200 that are indicated.

On 3/10/2017 at 10:21 AM, Aladya said:

I said that because you can import nodes from db & wander around & find only 10 nodes from 200 that are indicated.

...Yes, we know that. Herb node spawn locations =/= Herb node spawns.

Adding a map of the possible spawn locations allows you to plan a route through the zone and pass by each possible spawn location, instead of just wandering around aimlessly.

Like this:

TA9nZdD.png

That's the path I use for farming Dreamfoil in Azshara. Instead of wandering around the zone, I just make a path that goes past all the possible spawn locations in the northern half. (because the southern half is full of annoying elite mobs)

It also lets me know the areas where Dreamfoil DOES NOT spawn, so I can avoid going to those areas.