Sign in to follow this  
heeeeeej

How to PvP

OK so i havent been playing wow for 10 years or so and when i did i rolled on a PvE realm. I am now lvl 55 with my mage and i cant pvp for shit, i seriously get raped by every single class. Does anyone know of good pvp guide for beginners or some shit, i suck so hard that its almost unplayable in contested zones.

As a mage you should be frost if you want to do anything pvp wise really and not have a huge learning curve. As frost have max rank of your ice Barrier and use frost shield. If you get stunned by a melee, they will get a slow effect on them from hitting you (frost shield) and then you can blink to safety. Once you do try to keep them at kiting range. if you get a good enough jump away to get a fbolt off do it. Any time they get just outside of melee range u want to frost nova. Once frozen unload on them. Lather, rinse, repeat. warriors are the easiest for a mage by far, but a good warrior will still be able to kill you if you don't play smart. Learn what range they need to be able to intercept you (that is their combat charge ability). I used to know the range but I just memorized about how far away visually it is so I am not 100%. Also learn to use your counter spell on vital abilities to that class when battling casters. I typically used it on locks when they want to fear (although locks will probably wreck you on average) to try to get a fighting chance.

Also, if u didn't already know.... You can blink out of stuns. HUGE in pvp.

mage pvp got 3 main aspects: deep frost, elemental spec (fire/frost) or the most fragile POM+pyro spec (i dont recomend this to a new mage)

if you dont play since long i recomend you go deep frost spec. is the Best in terms of raw survival and mistaking-pardon.

here i leve to you the videos of 3 great mages who domaniated back inn the days of vanilla., each video with diferent spec as i stated you before. Good luck and happy gaming!

frost mage:

Elemental spec mage:

Pom+Pyro specced mage