Mitchymoo

Necrosis

G'day all,

So I've been trying to find a working version of Necrosis for this server but I haven't had any luck. I've downloaded from multiple sites for multiple versions and i keep on getting the say error.

" Interface/Addons/Necrosis/NecrosisInstalize.Lua:24: attempt to index global NecrosisConfig' (a nil value) This is handwritten not copied and paste FYI.

Anyway, I'd love to use this addon, rather than to use something like Chronometer. Personal preference.

Would anyone have a working Necrosis addon that they could direct me to or assist me in figuring out how to solve my problem?

Really appreciate any help or advice.

Thanks,

Mitch.

The post pinned to the top of the UI forums Vanilla addons has a working version. If you have tried that one and are getting an error it is most likely from another addon you are running that is clashing with it. here is the forum.

https://forum.elysium-project.org/topic/23742-vanilla-addons-a-z/

I hope this helps if not let me know what addons you are running and I will try and get a fix for you.

Edited by Tinytoes
More info

Necrosis is a pretty bad addon. It's ugly and you don't really need a soul shard counter considering soul bags have it already. Chronometer is pretty good and I don't know what necrosis does better. 

The one I found in one of the vanilla addon packs works ok. 

Edited by Lifealert

I find Necrosis useful because:

• Don't need to add separate spells for summon imp, voidwalker, succubus etc to your bar. Just use Necrosis for that. Tidier spell bar because of this.
  • Shows a timer for the soulstone in a raid/party and also which player got the soulstone.
  • Duration of dots on mobs.
  • Warning if target is fear immune.
  • Comfortable soulshard management.

Don't know Chronometer though.

Try going into your character's settings folder:

\World of warcraft\wtf\account\Your_account_name\Your_character_name\SavedVariables\

and delete the files Necrosis.lua and Necrosis.lua.bak, then it should work with version 1.5.4

I think it tries to load an older version of Necrosis because of the settings, but I don't really know. Worked for me at least.

On 2/17/2017 at 1:12 AM, Lifealert said:

Necrosis is a pretty bad addon. It's ugly and you don't really need a soul shard counter considering soul bags have it already. Chronometer is pretty good and I don't know what necrosis does better. 

The one I found in one of the vanilla addon packs works ok. 

Don't listen to this guy. Necrosis is a forever useful addon. I love that it's still around. It's pretty and get rid of the macros.

Edited by davidcrickett