Sign in to follow this  
shakgrot

ENB Series for Warcraft Is It Banable?

Hey everyone! I just came across this ENB shader Enhancer for World of Warcraft and it makes the game look amazing! The immersion level goes way up even though it could not be viable for PVP (Due to increase in the shadows strength and  color correction) but it surely changes the way one sees the game.

What I really want to now is if I could get banned for using these files that I had to paste directly on the World of Warcraft home folder.

For now I have deleted them to be on the safe side but i really would like to used them if it is allowed.

Yours truly Shakgrot

IF this enhancer is modifying the .MPQ files in the installation folder - the warder system on the Elysium servers will detect it, and take action against it.  (Read:  Mark your account for inspection and/or ban your account).

There is no way around this - as it is now.

This is a precaution made on the servers - to try and prevent most hacking and/or the use of multi-hack software.

My personal advice - don't even try.

This ENB Series is a Shader Overlayer. It creates a layer over the actual image. It does not modify any existent content in the folder hence the question.

Thanks for your answer, though I would like to know if someone could study the case and actually be sure of my statement above.

PS: This Shader Layer AKA Visual Addon was already being used in Retail on expansions previous to MoP