Shenna

A Frank Address And Statement on Recent Events and Revelations

Since some posters have reading comprehension issues, allow me to repeat few things that have already been said but apparently, and conveniently, forgotten.

Zzuk and Radeghost have never been part of the Elysium team. Whatever their role has been or currently is with the Crestfall team, is up to the Crestfall team. Elysium team has no input on how the Crestfall team runs itself, that's up to them. Just like the Crestfall team has no input on how the Elysium team is run. The announcement of the Legacy Gaming Network did not mean that the teams are merging together. It means that we are cooperating instead of competing. This cooperation involves exchange of information and some team members assisting the other team if and when necessary. So anyone who is shouting that we are somehow utterly incompetent and corrupt because we hired Zzuk and Radeghost is either clueless or wilfully ignorant of facts.

We never tried to "smuggle" Whitekidney to the project. Claiming that is completely preposterous since he made, with the blessing of our team, announcements regarding the webserver and its various services (email, forum, etc) alongside Crogge. As I said previously, he has no in-game role or access to player data. I was a GM on Nostalrius already in the time when he supposedly exploited and whatelse. I would not remain in the team if there was something shady going on in the background. That was the great thing about Nostalrius, that no such things were allowed, and we have created the same philosophy over here at Elysium, despite changes in staffing.

Please do not get hysterical and proceed to jump into conclusions with partial information, things taken out of context, rumours and hearsay, blatant exaggeration or good old fashioned lying. Some people just want to watch the world burn.

Lastly, Shenna did not accuse that every player is guilty of WoW-related "crimes" or that our community in its entirety is responsible for this drama brew.

27 minutes ago, Ellipsea said:

At the end of the day, people that never use any of the social media are probably just playing the game and having fun.

Yep

I would like to thank Pottu for clearing up some facts. I would also like to remind people that the OP was in response to a witch hunt already in progress and were merely trying to present their side of the story.

It appears that this subject actually has little to do with the Elysium-project except for one particular individual who decided (without being informed) to punish the project unjustly. The staff have proven themselves to be very lenient with this individual, more so than I would have been. Literally thousands of players are crying for him to be banned from the project completely.

Continuing this thread will simply reveal you to also be a drama queen and could be construed as a riot against the project.

4 minutes ago, Lopherus said:

I'm no fan of Alexensual...but this post made me watch the video which prompted this reply, and I think the post's personal attacks against the youtuber go way too far. He mostly just presents reddit posts, etc., others have made, and which include details that made me scratch my head as well - such as, that a known gold-seller on Elysium (per January 8 of this year!) is, or was, now a member of the team. That's just not ok, and I don't understand. It's one thing to bring hackers on board to help you patch security holes, or a good botter to work with them to prevent botting (very often an excellent idea)...but someone who so recently took advantage of this very server? This blows my mind.

Alexensual should not have refunded; this was immature and not ok given that he had received said funds for a specific purpose. But the team here should not get personal with him either, and strive to be more professional. When a new team-member's integrity is questioned (such as  WhiteKidney's in a prior forum post), then the reply shouldn't end with a snarky "P.S.: He's cool." That's arrogant, and doesn't make users feel taken seriously. 

With fame comes a certain degree or responsibility. He's only getting the attention (good or bad) he's always been wanting, since that is what he profits from.

Alexensual is your typical shit Youtuber milking drama for subs and attention. Some do it in quite an ironic and overall harmless way. Then there's people like him.

I'm fine with Elysium playing the moral high ground with him but he should really be kept in check. He clearly stirs drama for the mere sake of it.

11 hours ago, Shenna said:

Dear community, 

Let's talk about the current situation. 

Zzuk and Radeghost (Nightfrost) are no longer affiliated with the Legacy Gaming Network in any capacity. Zzuk was not a member of our team, rather, he was offering advice based on his expertise when requested.  Radeghost joined Crestfall as a forum moderator only, and had no affiliation with the Elysium project. Despite this, due to the backlash today, they have ceased any involvement with the project.  Whitekidney also expressed a desire to leave due to the complaints that have been thrown around, but we requested that he stay.  

Vitaliy also saw the accusations today and stated unequivocally that they were without merit (the conversation in Wechat had sarcastic overtones that aren’t particularly clear due to weak proficiency with English). Vitaliy also expressed deep concern and regret that his actions might reflect negatively on the project. 

We are not happy that the people who are volunteering their time to help build this project are leaving. Let us explain why:

The drama and witch hunting is a knee-jerk reaction. It has been, so far, mostly precipitated by a vocal minority of individuals who are known for stirring up drama whenever possible, and sadly, by Alexensual. They have taken it upon themselves to “save the community” from us and our decisions. However, they are not helping the community or the project. They are only damaging it.

We are not stupid. We know that several of these individuals have pasts in which they have done things that are disagreeable to the community. However, NONE of us are spotless, not even you who are reading this. Regardless, we do not grant any ability or information access to anyone whom we do not trust to use it responsibly.  

Furthermore, there are checks and balances in place against the abuse of power by anyone in the project.  As advisors, they did not have access to any of our files or data. They could not abuse them in any way, shape or form. Their only function was to help us with problems when we requested it. Going forward, however, they will not be offering us advice in any form.

At the end of the day, we can choose to ignore our communities concerns, or we can take them seriously. We respect our community too much to ignore such serious concerns. We build this server day and night for the community, and so, going against the community's interests makes no sense. 

That being said, we want you to know that what has happened today is not in the community's best interest. Attacking people who are supporting us, and charging back funds donated to maintain our server is not going to help anyone except for the people stirring the drama up. 

Let us speak directly about Alexensual's actions in doing a chargeback from his most recent donation stream. Performing a chargeback on the money he donated to us has directly impacted the server. We relied on this money, and now that it has been refunded, our servers are one month behind our projections. 

We reached out to Alexensual. We spoke to him and tried to explain to him that the two people he was unhappy about were not directly involved in our team. We tried to have a civil conversation about it to help him understand that the help we were receiving was for the betterment of the project, however, he would not speak with us, and ultimately rejected our invitation to speak with "lol no". Instead, he continued to propagate misinformation and contribute to stirring up drama. We simply cannot tolerate these sort of actions. We cannot allow one individual to dictate what we do simply because they will threaten us with their reputation and by stealing back contributions.

Furthermore, he has been directly involved in assisting individuals in attempting to dox and 'expose' the staff members. Between all of these various attacks on our server and staff, we feel we have ample reason to ban him. However, we will not. Because, like the individuals on our staff he has run off, we know that he only cares about Elysium and is doing what he feels is best. Even if these efforts are misguided, we understand the reason behind it. This time.

We are sadden with the way things have panned out over the past few days. We hope that despite the outcome, you will see that these witch hunts have only hurt Elysium and our community, both in the loss of valuable, dedicated staff, and in being forced to re-open donations to continue funding and operating our servers —  something we hoped to put off for much longer. 

We want to thank all those who donated directly to the OVH servers despite — or in response to — these recent events! 

Elysium realms are now paid to:

Anathema —  May’17
Darrowshire — October ‘17
Elysium — August ‘17
Zeth’Kur —  May’17

We highly regret that the actions of one person in the community lead to overpay as we managed this resulting fallout .

Starting now we intend to ignore any and all personal attacks on the project and its staff, and to  continue our work of creating the best vanilla World of Warcraft experience possible. From our point of view it’s a shame to see good people — developers and volunteers — contributing all their free time to the project, losing motivation and their passion after reading those reckless and toxic attacks. I won’t lie, this situation affected us all, but we will keep working and we won’t step back from our initial plan to provide the best Legacy gaming servers.

Sincerely,
Elysium Staff

You guys are playing some serious 3D chess here.  

TLDR: We deny all accusations of corruption.  We do not profit from Elysium in any way, and your evidence is just sarcasm.  We are now taking more money in the form of donations because X and Y.

11 minutes ago, fluffybacon said:

I didn't think anybody took Alexensual seriously? He's a massive cunt, I thought people knew that.

Guess not.

It's not a good idea to provoke him. He's fucking dangerous.

2 minutes ago, Vaccine said:

Hey Pottu, what's your opinion on Vitaliy selling unbans of characters to the chinese? Or the fact that the current owners of this project used to sell level 60 characters under the table on Valkyrie. What's stopping them from doing the same here?

Hello Fake News Central.

I support Alex, I think he's good for the community. HE may have been a little rash to immediately post his findings, it may have been better to "put it on boil" and wait just a bit but I think he was just going with his gut instinct to share information with us. He was careful to state some info was mere conjecture and not proven. He's served us well before, providing good info and updates on legacy servers. So what if he made his choice to "blow some devs in" or even to charge back his donations. He's free to think what he wants and share what he wants.

P.S.- I donated my cock to the vatican, hence the name ;)

I don't understand why a brainless attention seeking cretin like Alexensual has any subscribers to his youtube channel. His videos have never been good.

That said, a classy and open response by the Elysium team.

35 minutes ago, Pottu said:

Zzuk and Radeghost have never been part of the Elysium team. Whatever their role has been or currently is with the Crestfall team, is up to the Crestfall team. Elysium team has no input on how the Crestfall team runs itself, that's up to them. Just like the Crestfall team has no input on how the Elysium team is run.

If you start a Legacy Gaming Network with Crestfall you're allying with whoever is within their team. These shady figures happened to be within Crestfall. This is why your judgment is being questioned. You're also excusing their past by telling us we're not spotless either. With an argument as lame as that, criticism is to be expected.

57 minutes ago, Pottu said:

Since some posters have reading comprehension issues, allow me to repeat few things that have already been said but apparently, and conveniently, forgotten.

Zzuk and Radeghost have never been part of the Elysium team. Whatever their role has been or currently is with the Crestfall team, is up to the Crestfall team. Elysium team has no input on how the Crestfall team runs itself, that's up to them. Just like the Crestfall team has no input on how the Elysium team is run. The announcement of the Legacy Gaming Network did not mean that the teams are merging together. It means that we are cooperating instead of competing. This cooperation involves exchange of information and some team members assisting the other team if and when necessary. So anyone who is shouting that we are somehow utterly incompetent and corrupt because we hired Zzuk and Radeghost is either clueless or wilfully ignorant of facts.

We never tried to "smuggle" Whitekidney to the project. Claiming that is completely preposterous since he made, with the blessing of our team, announcements regarding the webserver and its various services (email, forum, etc) alongside Crogge. As I said previously, he has no in-game role or access to player data. I was a GM on Nostalrius already in the time when he supposedly exploited and whatelse. I would not remain in the team if there was something shady going on in the background. That was the great thing about Nostalrius, that no such things were allowed, and we have created the same philosophy over here at Elysium, despite changes in staffing.

Please do not get hysterical and proceed to jump into conclusions with partial information, things taken out of context, rumours and hearsay, blatant exaggeration or good old fashioned lying. Some people just want to watch the world burn.

Lastly, Shenna did not accuse that every player is guilty of WoW-related "crimes" or that our community in its entirety is responsible for this drama brew.

/ourguy/ Pottu does it again! As long as Pottu is still here, I will give the benefit of the doubt to any new controversies. Truly the hero we need, but don't deserve.

9 minutes ago, Wirt said:

If you start a Legacy Gaming Network with Crestfall you're allying with whoever is within their team.

It still doesn't make it an issue of Elysium whatsoever. "Allying" means pretty much nothing if these people are not intimately involved with your project and its inner workings. Only in such case you would have to face potential and personal "risks".

9 minutes ago, Vaccine said:

Or he's the only nostalrius member morally corrupt enough to stay on a project that's as far from nostalrius core values as they can be. It's pretty obvious that the only reason people are still wasting their time on here is because of the (now gone) nostalrius brand, which included but was not limited to, having non-corrupt GM's and developers.

Why do you still bother

Seems to me you guys are doing the in-game equivalent of "feeding the trolls".  If nothing had been said, the vast majority of the community would never have found out, Alexsensual would be removed from his now lofty pedestal you gave him, and you could simply and humbly ask for more donations as the time drew closer to needing additional funds.

Instead you chose to respond to a YouTube troll, and shed light on the matter to literally anybody who follows your twitter or Facebook.

These are personnel issues that do not need to be discussed with the community.

On a more positive note, from the average Vanilla WoW lover like myself, I hope that you guys find an inner peace, and come to realize that it's only a very loud minority of people perpetuating this crap.  If there's any consolation, believe me when I say, there are a TON of members who would help in whatever way you need us to, to help you continue to provide this amazing service you have worked so hard on providing us.  Stay the course.  

A wise man once said'

"If you're going through hell....keep going!"  - Winston Churchill

Edited by Kilros

30 minutes ago, Vaccine said:

Or he's the only nostalrius member morally corrupt enough to stay on a project that's as far from nostalrius core values as they can be. It's pretty obvious that the only reason people are still wasting their time on here is because of the (now gone) nostalrius brand, which included but was not limited to, having non-corrupt GM's and developers.

Right, because pottu has proven to be morally corrupt over and over again and not a straight shooter. I'm sure you have the facts to back that up.  

You should have banned this prick for chargebacking you, if nothing else. It's funds the server would have put to good use, and he shouldn't be allowed to take them back after giving them to you. Furthermore, no one claiming to care about the server would try to take it back. I can only see this move as selling out, as I doubt he's going to refund it to all the people who donated it to him in the first place. He'll now be remembered as the biggest scammer on the server, one you acknowledge, but did nothing about.

I think this makes for a great healing process XD

I've spent like the past 8 hours researching all of these claims, evidence, videos and posts...Been very interesting

I agree that Alex is a doucher and is now just as shady as the people hired onto the team. Some people have seemed to fail to read the part where Shen says they tried to talk to him and he responded with an "lol no"

I completely understand the hiring botters and hackers on the team, for whatever reason. As multiple people stated, it happens in real life all too often where companies will hire people that compromise their systems. 

I completely understand people's concerns for the future with these shady backgrounds...But I also understand how people can change. I know I wasn't the same man I was a year ago, but I can also say that my slate is actually very clean, from a moral standpoint. Especially when it comes to gaming..The only time I cheated on a game was 007 Golden Eye when I was like 10...Personally I loved WoW through BC and that's what originally brought me to the Nost servers.

I would say that the only thing that puzzles me is Rad selling gold a month ago on the server... and why he is a forum mod now...Kinda weird and I cant really come to a logical conclusion for that and would like a deeper explanation. Like I understand the bringing in the guy to potentially stop him from making things worse. I guess since I don't know him or the entirety of his past on a personal level I cant really say whether its a good idea or not to have any affiliation with him.

Regardless I'm here to stay. Just created a Character last night with my Older Bro and we both got to level 8 before the DC issues. Been having a great time reliving the good ole days. Looking forward to the future of the server, so far it's been a great experience and it's amazing to see the interaction between the community and Team. Keep it up and don't let the minority of trolls get ya down!

Edited by Jman420
More info