Shenna

A Frank Address And Statement on Recent Events and Revelations

8 minutes ago, Jman420 said:

I think this makes for a great healing process XD

I agree that Alex is a doucher and is now just as shady as the people hired onto the team. Some people have seemed to fail to read the part where Shen says they tried to talk to him and he responded with an "lol no"

I completely understand the hiring botters and hackers on the team, for whatever reason. As multiple people stated, it happens in real life all too often where companies will hire people that compromise their systems. 

I completely understand people's concerns for the future with these shady backgrounds...But I also understand how people can change. I know I wasn't the same man I was a year ago, but I can also say that my slate is actually very clean, from a moral standpoint. Especially when it comes to gaming..The only time I cheat on a game was 007 Golden Eye when I was like 10...Personally I loved WoW through BC and that's what originally brought me to the Nost servers.

I would say that the only thing that puzzles me is Rad selling gold a month ago on the server... and why he is a forum mod now...Kinda weird and I cant really come to a logical conclusion for that and would like a deeper explanation. Like I understand the bringing in the guy to potentially stop him from making things worse. I guess so I don't know him or the entirety of his past on a personal level I cant really say whether its a good idea or not to have any affiliation with him.

Regardless I'm here to stay. Just created a Character last night with my Older Bro and we both got to level 8 before the DC issues. Been having a great time reliving the good ole days. Looking forward to the future of the server, so far it's been a great experience and it's amazing to see the interaction between the community and Team. Keep it up and don't let the minority of trolls get ya down!

The way the Crestfall team explain these interrogatives is really on point, more people should give it a read.

http://forums.crestfall-gaming.com/index.php?/topic/1846-a-response-to-the-drama-about-lgn-team-members/

Edited by Schlomo
typo

Makes sense to me. Thanks for that. And I did read that earlier today as a matter of fact..But now with all this other information it all comes together.

I think what the Elysium and Crestfall teams are doing is ingenious...I'm definitely here to stay now and hope this Server does the same. =D

Keep it up TEAM! Once I get paid again I'll be donating myself. And to think I started off this morning as a disgruntled noob. Funny how several hours of truth seeking clears things up.

Edited by Jman420

5 hours ago, Pottu said:

Since some posters have reading comprehension issues, allow me to repeat few things that have already been said but apparently, and conveniently, forgotten.

Zzuk and Radeghost have never been part of the Elysium team. Whatever their role has been or currently is with the Crestfall team, is up to the Crestfall team. Elysium team has no input on how the Crestfall team runs itself, that's up to them. Just like the Crestfall team has no input on how the Elysium team is run. The announcement of the Legacy Gaming Network did not mean that the teams are merging together. It means that we are cooperating instead of competing. This cooperation involves exchange of information and some team members assisting the other team if and when necessary. So anyone who is shouting that we are somehow utterly incompetent and corrupt because we hired Zzuk and Radeghost is either clueless or wilfully ignorant of facts.

We never tried to "smuggle" Whitekidney to the project. Claiming that is completely preposterous since he made, with the blessing of our team, announcements regarding the webserver and its various services (email, forum, etc) alongside Crogge. As I said previously, he has no in-game role or access to player data. I was a GM on Nostalrius already in the time when he supposedly exploited and whatelse. I would not remain in the team if there was something shady going on in the background. That was the great thing about Nostalrius, that no such things were allowed, and we have created the same philosophy over here at Elysium, despite changes in staffing.

Please do not get hysterical and proceed to jump into conclusions with partial information, things taken out of context, rumours and hearsay, blatant exaggeration or good old fashioned lying. Some people just want to watch the world burn.

Lastly, Shenna did not accuse that every player is guilty of WoW-related "crimes" or that our community in its entirety is responsible for this drama brew.

I'm unsure if your title here means official involvement with the team, or just massive forum involvement. In case you are part of the team...

This post is aggressive and confrontational. When you start out saying "Since some posters have reading comprehension issues...," you lose all but those who already agree with you. Which is a shame - you provide good info in much of what you say. 

Is your goal (a) to communicate information, or (b) to come up on top in a silly internet fight? It should be (a) as a member of the team; but all you come across as is (b). The original post - this one here - is totally out of the blue. It assumes people are familiar with the 'scandal', but it's a scandal I hadn't heard of before seeing this reply to...something. So i went and watched the video. A professional reply would have summarized the situation and claims first, then addressed them, skipping the personal attacks. Instead, we get a reply w/o summary first (what exactly do you reply to?), and personal attacks.

To then see you - apparently, a team member - make this dismissive intro into your post ("reading comprehension issues") is both not appropriate considering the far sub-optimal way in which this was communicated, and fine for chat trolling but not a server that strives to be taken seriously. 

Edited by Lopherus

16 hours ago, Appletini said:

Doxxing ppl is low and i hope Alex does the right thing and goes to Kronos.

I think you spelled "kill himself" wrong. Misguided or not, results matter. If I get drunk, try driving my car, and I kill someone, what is the legal consequence for that? Can I go to court and say that my intentions were never to hurt anyone? That doesn't fly. Results are results. End of story.

Regardless of intent, bad people need to be banned. If it were possible to have them charged with fraud and thrown in jail, that too would be a valid option.

8 minutes ago, Veylorix said:

In jail for a charge back against these scum bags running this server? did you not read my post above? why are we even talking about Alex.

for the record I've charged back 100 USD and instructed my guild to charge back all donations put towards this project aswell.  We won't be the only ones.

Fair enough. You and your guild mates have every right to withdraw all financial support.  If you honestly think the server is not worth supporting, you need to back those words with actions. Do the right thing. Delete all of your characters and never return. Instruct all of your guild mates to do the same. 

1 hour ago, Lopherus said:

I'm unsure if your title here means official involvement with the team, or just massive forum involvement. In case you are part of the team...

This post is aggressive and confrontational. When you start out saying "Since some posters have reading comprehension issues...," you lose all but those who already agree with you. Which is a shame - you provide good info in much of what you say. 

Is your goal (a) to communicate information, or (b) to come up on top in a silly internet fight? It should be (a) as a member of the team; but all you come across as is (b). The original post - this one here - is totally out of the blue. It assumes people are familiar with the 'scandal', but it's a scandal I hadn't heard of before seeing this reply to...something. So i went and watched the video. A professional reply would have summarized the situation and claims first, then addressed them, skipping the personal attacks. Instead, we get a reply w/o summary first (what exactly do you reply to?), and personal attacks.

To then see you - apparently, a team member - make this dismissive intro into your post ("reading comprehension issues") is both not appropriate considering the far sub-optimal way in which this was communicated, and fine for chat trolling but not a server that strives to be taken seriously. 

If you don't know Pottu, I could understand how this is unsettling to you.  He's not a chain restaurant manager that anyone can unload their garbage on.  He's gonna call someone's shit out and not feel the slightest remorse for not being politically correct.  It's new and unusual for sure.

8 hours ago, Pottu said:

Please do not get hysterical and proceed to jump into conclusions with partial information, things taken out of context, rumours and hearsay, blatant exaggeration or good old fashioned lying. Some people just want to watch the world burn

Welcome to politics.

8 hours ago, Smith157 said:

It still doesn't make it an issue of Elysium whatsoever. "Allying" means pretty much nothing if these people are not intimately involved with your project and its inner workings. Only in such case you would have to face potential and personal "risks".

It doesn't? After everything that has happened since it was unveiled these shady figures operated within Crestfall, it's beyond doubt it has affected Elysium deeply. Had Elysium clarified for us from the beginning how they reason about a goldseller, a bot creator, etc, working for Crestfall then this wouldn't be the issue it now is. You could take the guy that hacked into Elysium and got hired as a good example. They were open with it from the beginning and it didn't get near as much as attention as this.

8 hours ago, Schlomo said:

The way the Crestfall team explain these interrogatives is really on point, more people should give it a read.

http://forums.crestfall-gaming.com/index.php?/topic/1846-a-response-to-the-drama-about-lgn-team-members/

I did and I still don't get it.

"Yes he's proven in the past, that he's willing to betray and harm the private server community whenever he's going to make a profit out of it, but he's good at his job lol!"

How can they work with such a person?

Just my 2 cents. I am having a blast here since the reboot of Nostalrius i guess the rest is enjoying the other realms also. I couldn't care less for conspiracy theories and youtube nobodies that managed to find "success" by selling thin air.

Quality and stability issues is what kills realms not a randoms opinion. Focus and put all your resources into making the realms rock solid and avoid mishaps like the stability issues that are plaguing us since yesterday because having such a serious issue on an AB weekend with people ranking or simply wanting to enjoy their time off work is what damages the server and can potentially drive people away.

I have faith in Elysium team you guys gave us a good home after months of trying servers and constant restarts. Stick to your values of making a quality server for us and do not waste time and energy on drama queens and attention seekers. Alex and every other youtuber want views and subscribers. He would sell his own mother for it and we should treat them with caution and skepticism.

1 hour ago, noob257 said:

I did and I still don't get it.

"Yes he's proven in the past, that he's willing to betray and harm the private server community whenever he's going to make a profit out of it, but he's good at his job lol!"

How can they work with such a person?

Nice way to take things out of context.

It's all done in a volunteer/advising manner. There's literally no way of stopping those people to going back to their old ways but if you can get something positive out of them, you might as well take the chance while their little change of heart lasts.

Reputation also works both ways. If they ever decided to go back to those shady communities their trust with them wont be the same anymore, as they've shown (now) that they're willing to work with the "system". It's like being a snitch, just use some common sense to figure out how things really work.

Edited by Schlomo
Adding more relevant info

7 hours ago, Ellipsea said:

If you don't know Pottu, I could understand how this is unsettling to you.  He's not a chain restaurant manager that anyone can unload their garbage on.  He's gonna call someone's shit out and not feel the slightest remorse for not being politically correct.  It's new and unusual for sure.

This type of attitude is what has infuriated many who used to play on Feenix (Athairne, lead admin). 

Moderating a community in an unfriendly, disrespectful manner is childish and a signal of a lack of sympathy for the other. I have to admit that Pottu is starting to remind me of Athairne of Feenix. A professional attitude means that you are able to withhold yourself from such senseless provocations. 

Conspiracy and shady businesses has lead Feenix to its demise. Time will tell how this project will turn out to be, it is still relatively young. The community judges the actions of the administration in the end by choosing whether or not to play, volunteer or even work for the project.

As far as I know all 4 realms are still sufficiently populated so I think that plenty of people still appreciate the efforts of the administration and their volunteers :-). 

Elysium you banned Dodgykebaab when he bought gold (look at how classy dodgy was with apologizing to the community and continuing to make good quality videos afterwards). Alex's offense is 1000x worse and involves significant amount of money. Do-nothing in response to Alex's behavior is not appropriate. Justice calls. http://www.strawpoll.me/12361860/r

13 minutes ago, Zosyn said:

Elysium you banned Dodgykebaab when he bought gold (look at how classy dodgy was with apologizing to the community and continuing to make good quality videos afterwards). Alex's offense is 1000x worse and involves significant amount of money. Do-nothing in response to Alex's behavior is not appropriate. Justice calls. http://www.strawpoll.me/12361860/r

And you made it your personal mission, to form a lynch mob against @Alexensual?

I must say, from asking the Community NOT to publicly name people on the forums, to where we are now, getting the entire Community to take a stance against an individual, using these boards and the servers - we really seem to have come a long way.

This is childish.  And disgusting.

1 minute ago, Gehere said:

And you made it your personal mission, to form a lynch mob against @Alexensual?

I must say, from asking the Community NOT to publicly name people on the forums, to where we are now, getting the entire Community to take a stance against an individual, using these boards and the servers - we really seem to have come a long way.

This is childish.  And disgusting.

and you find it acceptable to screw over a group of volunteer developers with $1000? Yes we have come a long way when this sum of money is used to manipulate the developers and there are no consequences to such maleficence.

17 minutes ago, Zosyn said:

Elysium you banned Dodgykebaab when he bought gold (look at how classy dodgy was with apologizing to the community and continuing to make good quality videos afterwards).

LOL!

"Permabanning gold buyers is too much!"

"O-okay, I bought gold, but only 50!"

"THEY PUBLISHED MY FUCKING EMAIL ADRESS!"

20 minutes ago, Zosyn said:

Alex's offense is 1000x worse and involves significant amount of money. Do-nothing in response to Alex's behavior is not appropriate. Justice calls. http://www.strawpoll.me/12361860/r

Did he violate the rules?

Btw great poll, Herr Goebbels.

1 minute ago, Zosyn said:

You don't need a rule in real life that says don't scam people of their hard-earned $

Good point. Maybe he can help them with their website. I heard that scammers are very qualified for this job.

Pls don't forget to insult every person that says something against alex after he's on the team.

Just now, noob257 said:

Good point. Maybe he can help them with their website. I heard that scammers are very qualified for this job.

Pls don't forget to insult every person that says something against alex after he's on the team.

Alex cannot  handle Windows Movie Maker so I wouldn't entrust him with the most populated vanilla server's website.

People can say what they want. He is from the land of the free and should tolerate that. However No country allows scamming. People on Ebay/Amazon get sued for inappropriate refunds. Hell, even  insurance companies have been giving out refunds because of scams.

I'd say ban the kid. He cries in his streams when someone kills him anyway. He's got the maturity of a toaster oven. People that just like to cause drama from nothing and endanger an entire community in the process should not be allowed to have so much influence. Just get rid of him and move on.

Thank you Elysium Staff for the transparency. Keep up the good work! What Alexensual did was childish, but what more do you expect from a child? Kid still lives with his parents and plays video games "for a living" I'm planning to make a donation soon when I can. Once again, keep up the good work; love everything you are doing.

1 hour ago, Dizzledorph said:

Thank you Elysium Staff for the transparency. Keep up the good work! What Alexensual did was childish, but what more do you expect from a child? Kid still lives with his parents and plays video games "for a living" I'm planning to make a donation soon when I can. Once again, keep up the good work; love everything you are doing.

It doesn't sound like you have it much better if you can't even afford a donation.