Sign in to follow this  
JCarrill0

Team 5-Paladin Dungeon builds.

So back on "old" project servers, I enjoyed doing end-game dungeons using all Paladins.

We had a group of 5 Paladins that was Talent-Spec'd to compliment each other.

While the runs were all successful, I wanted the end-Goal was to get a joint 10-Man UBRS using the 5 Paladins as well, but that never happened, thus will be starting it over on Elysium.

Here is the 5 Paladin builds:

The Tankadin - Protection Paladin. Judgement of Justice, Blessing of Sanctuary, Resistance Aura (Fire/Shadow/Frost).

The Healadin - Holy Paladin. Improved-Judgement of Light, Improved-Blessing of Wisdom, Improved-Concentration Aura.

The Reckadin - Hybrid Reckoning Paladin. Improved-Judgement of Crusader, Blessing of Kings, Improved-Retribution Aura.

The Ret Pally - Retribution Paladin. Improved-Judgement of Crusader, Improved-Blessing of Might, Sancity Aura.

The Shockadin - Spell Power Paladin. Improved-Judgement of Wisdom, Blessing of Light, Improved-Devotion Aura (With Libram).

Thoughts? Please reply with you comments/Concerns/Rants below.

Keep it civil please!

2 minutes ago, killerduki said:

Remove Judgement of Justice, everything else is good fun ;)

/Kind regards Killerduki

Yep old server, this was done to prevent running mobs, but Crusader stuff didn't stack on old servers.

Gear wise, um the tankadin was me, was pre-raid BiS, so deathbone and everything else that was pre-Bis.

the healer was a guildie, full pre-raid healing... robes of exalted, etc.

the reckadin was also a guildie in PvP rank 10 gear, the remaining was pretty much what the ret pally had.

the ret pally was guildie, pre-raid ret melee gear. On the old server, melee gear was better for ret.

the shockadin was guildie in d2 and spell power. It was a mock build honestly, but SHE held her own.

the dps charts were around the same every time...

#1 was Ret Pally

#2 was shockadin (surprisingly)

#3 was Reckadin (with no aoe spells wtf)

#4 was tankadin (me). And this made me upset... as a tankadin I should of been like top dps lol, at least second...

we always used max spell, but I was OOM faster then they were :(

Edited by JCarrill0

5 hours ago, JCarrill0 said:

Curious to see if anyone is willing to try these out.

@killerduki, you still the protection (tankadin) spec listed above yes?

It's fine, i'd rather use divine int and use seal/judge of wisdom for aoe max rank spamming ;)

Imp SoR and SoR doesn't matter much in 5 mans ^^

/Kind regards Killerduki

19 minutes ago, killerduki said:

It's fine, i'd rather use divine int and use seal/judge of wisdom for aoe max rank spamming ;)

Imp SoR and SoR doesn't matter much in 5 mans ^^

/Kind regards Killerduki

Fair enough but the rest is your spec yes?

If you use BoSalvation you wouldn't need to spam as much for threat letting you use lower ranks when gathering group agro or giving you more time to regen mana if you use higher ranks by spreading them out. You can multiply the threat of higher ranks by 0.7 to find our how far you can drop. For a slight gain in threat you could save 130 mana per cast of consecration as an example.

On 7/7/2017 at 2:18 PM, Whitewolf said:

If you use BoSalvation you wouldn't need to spam as much for threat letting you use lower ranks when gathering group agro or giving you more time to regen mana if you use higher ranks by spreading them out. You can multiply the threat of higher ranks by 0.7 to find our how far you can drop. For a slight gain in threat you could save 130 mana per cast of consecration as an example.

Swooping out Light for Blessing of Salvation, and just putting light in the Tankadin...

threat wasn't an issue though...

On 07/10/2017 at 8:48 AM, JCarrill0 said:

Swooping out Light for Blessing of Salvation, and just putting light in the Tankadin...

threat wasn't an issue though...

It wasn't about the threat, but the mana savings for the tank as he could then use lower ranks of spells which cost less. It was not meant as a suggestion but as an idea for something to think about as you mentioned going oom.

Then again, because seal of righteousness is properly double proccing procs you can get an average 39 mana per sec from JoW with a 1.5 second attack speed weapon. Vs the 39 mps with using SoW + JoW.

12 hours ago, Whitewolf said:

It wasn't about the threat, but the mana savings for the tank as he could then use lower ranks of spells which cost less. It was not meant as a suggestion but as an idea for something to think about as you mentioned going oom.

Then again, because seal of righteousness is properly double proccing procs you can get an average 39 mana per sec from JoW with a 1.5 second attack speed weapon. Vs the 39 mps with using SoW + JoW.

judgement of wisdom was on all the mobs.

im really confused here....

BoSalvation doesnt help help me get mana, but yes if I downrank my AoE I will save mana, but also do less damage and less threat, thus the need of salvation. (But again threat wasn't an issue)

When I said I was OOM faster then they were... the issue was I was OOM by the time the fight ended...which by then I was just drinking for mana on the next pull. They didn't have to drink after every pull like I did. (Which sux, but that's ok. I had water)

So again forgive me, but how will salvation help in this case? Not trying to be mean, I'm just trying to understand to comment is using salvation instead of light.. to help me save mana in the long run.

it doesn't make sense.

Considering you didn't elaborate in your earlier post, I was just putting it out there as an option.

Yes, the point I was making is about saving mana, but as you clearly point out it wouldn't help you in this case. I never mentioned any particular blessing to switch it out with.

5 hours ago, Whitewolf said:

Considering you didn't elaborate in your earlier post, I was just putting it out there as an option.

True, but I didn't elaborate because it wasn't an issue.

Yes, the point I was making is about saving mana, but as you clearly point out it wouldn't help you in this case.

That's what I thought.

I never mentioned any particular blessing to switch it out with.

True, but you did mention using BoSalvation.

how would we use that Blessing if not swiping it out?