Sign in to follow this  
TigPvE

The most underrated healer item

This thread applies to all healers, whether you're a raider or not.

Since you're a healer in vanilla consumables shouldn't be a new subject for you.
To meet the expectations of your role, major mana potions as well as runes should be always at hand.

But what if I told you there is a way to get a free rune once every hour in just a few seconds?
The solution is Lei of Lilies (http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=1315) which creates an item called Lily Root (http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=14894)

One time per hour you can equip Lei of Lilies, use its effect and then re-equip your real necklace again.
You only have to equip Lei of Lilies for the creation process and you may repeat it once every hour to fill your bags with Lily Roots.

So what is a Lily Root?
A Lily Root is an item that restores 600 health and 600 mana (average) on use while using up the 2 min cooldown of runes.
They are not unique, but conjured items so they'll disappear if you log out for longer than 15 minutes.

Some of you may have already noticed that - on average - you'll get less mana from a Lily Root than from a rune,
but you're forgetting one major point here: Lily Roots are free and only take a few seconds to get!
(Besides the fact that runes take life from you while Lily Roots restore health)

No matter the situation you're in - whether it being raiding, PVP or solo'ing content - there will always be a situation where a Lily Root is more appropriate than a rune.
You may even start using Lily Roots on situations where you would have never even considered using a rune!

One last thing to know before you start using your Lily Roots:
I cannot tell you whether it's a bug or intended but even tho Lily Roots use your rune cooldown, they cannot be used while potions are on cooldown.
This is not a problem just a slight inconvenience - just use your Lily Root before you pop a potion instead of the other way around.

Edited by TigPvE

Problem is that the thing is random world drop so it's already really rare, and when it does drop, it usually sells for 150g+ because it's purple.

And the 1 hour CD really hampers your ability to stockpile them, unless you want to sit AFK in org for 6+ hours before raid.

Edited by gotmilk0112

Rather stack up on Night Dragons, but ye, this item is useful but just barely. And it's not that expensive as gotmilk0112 says it is, at least it shouldn't be. And the CD with potions is a bug, yes.

Edited by cryofsorrow

The roots you have stockpiled will disappear once you log off. I tried this on my druid.

2 hours ago, Storfan said:

The roots you have stockpiled will disappear once you log off. I tried this on my druid.

12 hours ago, TigPvE said:

So what is a Lily Root?
A Lily Root is an item that restores 600 health and 600 mana (average) on use while using up the 2 min cooldown of runes.
They are not unique, but conjured items so they'll disappear if you log out for longer than 15 minutes.

19 hours ago, gotmilk0112 said:

it usually sells for 150g+ because it's purple.

I can't speak for other servers but it usually sells for 20-40g on the PvE realm, that is pretty cheap for an item you'll use throughout vanilla.

5 hours ago, artan said:

First of all Night Dragon's Breath involves work to get them, Lily Roots require you to equip an item in your inventory and use it.

Secondary Lily Roots restore more mana on average than Night Dragon's Breath.

So why not use both? Lily Roots when it's off CD and otherwise fall back to Night Dragon's Breath.

19 hours ago, gotmilk0112 said:

And the 1 hour CD really hampers your ability to stockpile them, unless you want to sit AFK in org for 6+ hours before raid.

Don't forget you can even create them during the raid as it only takes a few seconds to make them, if you run out of Lily Roots you can still fall back to the inferior Night Dragon's Breath.

Edited by TigPvE

useless item for raiders. I would prefere any day, to have 2 hours Diremaul buffs. 3 % spellcrit, 15 % stam, 200 AP, onyxia buff, ZG buff and even Songflower, over a bag of lily roots. 

3 hours ago, Daxtar said:

useless item for raiders. I would prefere any day, to have 2 hours Diremaul buffs. 3 % spellcrit, 15 % stam, 200 AP, onyxia buff, ZG buff and even Songflower, over a bag of lily roots. 

can you please explain why its either or?

19 hours ago, TigPvE said:

Don't forget you can even create them during the raid as it only takes a few seconds to make them, if you run out of Lily Roots you can still fall back to the inferior Night Dragon's Breath.

Still seems like too much of a hassle for such a small bonus.

If I wanted mana items to spam, I'd just buy Superior Mana potions, as they're super cheap and restore way more mana.

1 minute ago, gotmilk0112 said:

Still seems like too much of a hassle for such a small bonus.

If I wanted mana items to spam, I'd just buy Superior Mana potions, as they're super cheap and restore way more mana.

They're on different cooldowns (slightly bugged at the moment, so you need to use the non-potion restoration item first), so you can do both. NDB is a cheaper and easier to farm alternative to dark/demonic runes.

Yeah, I know they're on separate CDs. But still a big hassle on top of acquiring a world drop epic, for such a small gain.

About NDB though...are they bugged on Darrowshire or something, because on my Warrior (who is an herbalist) I keep finding those plants all over, and I can just click them to loot them or gain whatever buff, no Salve required.

Edited by gotmilk0112

1 minute ago, gotmilk0112 said:

Yeah, I know they're on separate CDs. But still a big hassle on top of acquiring a world drop epic, for such a small gain.

Well not everyone is as lazy as you, I guess. I was referring to Night Dragon's Breath, not lily roots.

Edited by Lorilay

12 minutes ago, flowqz said:

can you please explain why its either or?

it's because all the lily roots disappear when you log out... all raiders log out when they are fully buffed to keep the buffs for as long as possible.

There's always a ton of slackers, so what you do, is getting all your buffs 1-2 hours before raid, you log out in orgrimmar. Everyone stand ready, logged out near the turn in of onyxia head. On teamspeak leader calls "LOG IN"
All logs in, gets onyxia buff, you rush to zul gurub and turn in heart of hakkar so all of raid gets 15 % stats too.

Your raid now has 10 % more crit(with songflower), 15 % all stats, 15 % more stam(DM Buff), tons of Attack power etc etc... that beats 600 hp and mana, sinse they disappear on logout. and u want to log out to keep buffs

Edited by Daxtar

11 minutes ago, Daxtar said:

it's because all the lily roots disappear when you log out... all raiders log out when they are fully buffed to keep the buffs for as long as possible.

There's always a ton of slackers, so what you do, is getting all your buffs 1-2 hours before raid, you log out in orgrimmar. Everyone stand ready, logged out near the turn in of onyxia head. On teamspeak leader calls "LOG IN"
All logs in, gets onyxia buff, you rush to zul gurub and turn in heart of hakkar so all of raid gets 15 % stats too.

Your raid now has 10 % more crit(with songflower), 15 % all stats, 15 % more stam(DM Buff), tons of Attack power etc etc... that beats 600 hp and mana, sinse they disappear on logout. and u want to log out to keep buffs

Well said. I actually have this item on my druid. I used it for a tiny bit but soon realised it was more a hassle than its worth. In the end, if I go OOM and have manpots on CD I'll just innervate myself (yes, to the dismay of the disgruntled priests).

Thread TLDR: Underrated healer item? - Sure. The most underrated healer item? - Nah.

Edited by Storfan

1 minute ago, Storfan said:

Well said. I actually have this item on my druid. I used it for a tiny bit but soon realised it was more a hassle than its worth. In the end, if I go OOM and have manpots on CD I'll just innervate myself (yes, to the dismay of the disgruntled priests).

you go full tryhard with that buff stuff, but than u innervate yourself, makes perfect sense.

2 minutes ago, flowqz said:

you go full tryhard with that buff stuff, but than u innervate yourself, makes perfect sense.

I never claimed I was tryhard on my druid alt. I barely raid on it. As a sidenote, I've recently gone 24/0/27 spec and mana is never any issue anymore.

Just now, Storfan said:

I never claimed I was tryhard on my druid alt. I barely raid on it. As a sidenote, I've recently gone 24/0/27 spec and mana is never any issue anymore.

well, you quoted a post about getting all worldbuffs, and concluded the neck wouldnt be worth it, so you kinda implied it.

w/e

7 hours ago, flowqz said:

Why wouldn't a druid innervate themselves? I always innervate the top healer that benefits from spirit...which is me! (not counting other druids because they can innervate their own lazy asses)

Because barely anyone runs Scholo, and the drop rates are super low. Most scholo runs, you only get 2, maybe 3 rune drops. It's much easier to just go and farm satyrs in felwood. Even with the low drop rate, at least you can make decent cash from selling runecloth/felcloth/greens. And there's a Night Dragon Breath and Whipper Root Tuber spawn point at the northern satyr area.

You guys are putting this down because it is a "hassle"?........

So because you are lazy to swap to a neck item, wait 30 seconds, conjour, swap back, it's a bad idea?

I got mine pre-shut down for 30g off AH for my alt druid.  The more time you have before raids, the better.  Usually have about 2 made prior to an alt/pug raid and make another mid run.

It is people who extend themselves to going the extra step is why you see those kills that were SUPER close to a wipe, the 1 person alive endings, the we pulled trash packs + boss mishappens, the 2 healers got DC events.

If being prepared is a hassle, what isn't a hassle in Vanilla wow?  Because that is 75% of the game.

People underrating an item in a thread that is titled Most Underrated healing item.

Crazy-Pills.gif~c200

Edited by Undertanker

It's not a bad item, it's just a really small benefit, compared to how much effort it requires. Only restores a little more mana than a Night Dragon's Breath, but requires you to spend 30-50g on an item, keep it in your bags, remember to equip it, wait that tedious 30 seconds to use it, and then wait that hour cooldown for another one. And you can't stockpile them because conjured item.

I've got it myself, and using it is just another thing that I have to keep track of and remember to do every hour. Sure, free consumable, but it's still tedious.

200 extra mana isn't going to be the difference between a kill and a wipe. If mana was that big of an issue, I'd be using runes, not lily roots.

Edited by gotmilk0112