Sign in to follow this  
Theradres

Is Slam bugged?

Correct timing being just after auto attack lands? Do you use swing timers, they can illustrate that swing animation is in fact post auto attack, i.e. how do you determine this swing reset?

26 minutes ago, BogyOne said:

Correct timing being just after auto attack lands? Do you use swing timers, they can illustrate that swing animation is in fact post auto attack, i.e. how do you determine this swing reset?

I use a swing timer, of course, if you start to cast slam just after an autoattack with a 3.8 weapon (in my case executioner's cleaver) he will always reset the next auto swing, so no white dmg, no rage generation.

This is not working properly because normally you should be able to cast slam between two autoattacks without any reset.

Casting anything resets your swing timer other wise locks and mages would be standing near the boss to get autos in the between the slight delay between casts Slam only pausing weapon timer is Wrath

7 hours ago, Theradres said:

I use a swing timer, of course, if you start to cast slam just after an autoattack with a 3.8 weapon (in my case executioner's cleaver) he will always reset the next auto swing, so no white dmg, no rage generation.

This is not working properly because normally you should be able to cast slam between two autoattacks without any reset.

This is wrong, you have false information from playing on some buggy ass server before (Feenix maybe?)

Blizzlike is Slam resets your swing timer at the end of the cast. This is correctly implemented on this server. Therefore the optimal time to use it is immediately after your normal white swing.

Edited by FullRetard

I have impression that you consider Slam mechanic working WotLK like. To my knowledge up to TBC Slam resets the swing timer instead pausing it.

Try to fit it as mentioned by FR and use swing timer to observe the animation vs. swing progression. I remember in TBC that when my toon started to swing weapon the blow already landed according to timers.

On 2/23/2017 at 7:19 PM, FullRetard said:

This is wrong, you have false information from playing on some buggy ass server before (Feenix maybe?)

Blizzlike is Slam resets your swing timer at the end of the cast. This is correctly implemented on this server. Therefore the optimal time to use it is immediately after your normal white swing.

Does this mean that mages are not blizzlike? I play a mage and casting things like frostbolt do not reset the swing timer. The same is true for mobs that cast as well.