z3nk

Forbid chain sheep

Hi, 

You know, there is always this kind of player who don't want to share anythings.

In my case, a mage Svej  just "chained" sheep my mob to heal them and kill me.

He trolled me meanwhile and after too.

Here is the video : 

Here are some pictures: http://imgur.com/a/lioVD

Server : Elysium

I already created this topic here : https://forum.elysium-project.org/topic/39068-mage-chain-sheep-my-mob-to-make-me-dead and then, as adviced in the topic, i contact a MJ in-game.

MJ explain me that this kind of things is, for the moment, allow.

That's why, i'm here to forbid this kind of attitude.

What do you things ? Chain sheep mob to heal them and make friends die should be allowed ?

Edited by z3nk

Chain sheeping is a legit PvE tactic. Last night one of our guildmates had an issue with this as well. The response was to train mobs to the griefer and feign death. It only took once to get the mage to stop the harassment. I highly doubt a GM would take action with the story, "So I was griefing this guy but totally within the rules, then they griefed me back! Banhammer plz".

The TL;DR is, there are several classes that can greif within the rules. Get a guild, ask for help. Maybe one day the staff will rule on this type of greifing. Until then you have to get in the dirt with them.

7 hours ago, qbradq said:

Chain sheeping is a legit PvE tactic. Last night one of our guildmates had an issue with this as well. The response was to train mobs to the griefer and feign death. It only took once to get the mage to stop the harassment. I highly doubt a GM would take action with the story, "So I was griefing this guy but totally within the rules, then they griefed me back! Banhammer plz".

The TL;DR is, there are several classes that can greif within the rules. Get a guild, ask for help. Maybe one day the staff will rule on this type of greifing. Until then you have to get in the dirt with them.

Agreed.  There is a lot of griefing that is not only within the rules, but part of the Vanilla experience.  Sometimes people forget that with a full "blizz-like authentic vanilla experience" there is bad that comes with the good.

Edited by starrbuck

I think the idea that griefing is era-accurate and therefore acceptable is bogus. I think we should do what we can - without altering game mechanics - to prevent griefing and improve player experiance. But I'm not staff, so my opinion does not matter much :)

I love seeing all of these threads about antisocial behavior on the pvp servers. On the pve server, people of the opposing faction will try to help you if you're in trouble.
The guys on the pvp server need to deal with members of their own faction trying to grief them. 

Dunno,

forum.elysium-project.org/topic/21966-terms-of-use-rules-regulations/

D. Griefing

Players can interact in a variety of ways, not all of them constructive. You may encounter players that steal resource nodes, chests, items, lead monsters to new areas and summon demons that raise havoc.

Elysium staff will not intervene in these situations as the community may take measures concerning these players. However, behaviour that is considered to be contrary to the essence of the Game will be considered a violation of this agreement.

Such behaviour is considered griefing which includes, but is not limited to, the following:

Summoning demons at the initial starting zones of new players;

Intentionally killing or disabling important quest NPCs for an extended period of time;

Intentionally causing any of the four demons for Stave of the Ancients to despawn;

Intentionally causing The Cleaner to appear during The Balance of Light and Dark;

Intentionally interrupting or negatively influencing a raid group that is currently engaged in ANY world boss encounter on the PvE realm with either faction characters - unless opposite faction and pvp flagged;

Intentionally interrupting or negatively influencing a raid group that is currently engaged in ANY world boss encounter on the PvP realms with same-faction characters.

World boss encounters are unique circumstances, and resolution will be determined at the discretion of the attending GM. For same faction on PVP & all raid groups on PVE - we strongly suggest a "first come, first serve" mentality when encountering world bosses.

Edited by HDwarrior

/vote for punishment for sheep grief!

It's horrrible behaviour! Whe should this be allowed? This is cancerous. I mean PvP doesn't mean that you play vs your own faction damn it!

Oh that's hilarious. The guy trying to aoe all the mobs in a room is using the argument that others do not share. From the looks of this video, there are about 100 solutions to your problem. Nothing is wrong with aoe farming mind you. But, if someone was preventing you from aoe farming because they wanted some of the mobs for themselves, it's seemingly reasonable. As all you had to do... was farm a few less mobs at the same time and this wouldn't be an issue at all.

But, you're selfish.

Edited by Shmi

On 2.3.2017 at 10:20 PM, Shmi said:

Oh that's hilarious. The guy trying to aoe all the mobs in a room is using the argument that others do not share. From the looks of this video, there are about 100 solutions to your problem. Nothing is wrong with aoe farming mind you. But, if someone was preventing you from aoe farming because they wanted some of the mobs for themselves. It's seemingly reasonable, as all you had to do... was farm a few less mobs at the same time and this wouldn't be an issue at all.

But, you're selfish.

^This