AngelAyline

Ability to change into new graphics

Hi Elysium-Team and everyone on the Elysium Community.

I just had an Idea that I personally think would be good and something I would love.

I would love to be able to switch between Vanilla and Legion Graphics, by downloading a map that changes my files to make it look like Legion or with ingame settings or perhaps a mod.

If someone knows of something like this or if the Elysium Team would commit to do that, my game experiance would be beyond perfect. It would be like a dream come true.

Thank you

-Ayline

Wont happen, they actually ban players that use addons that do this function because it changes the game files and they cant tell if you are doing more then just graphics.

But if the files came from themselves, it wouldn't be an issue really. The suggestion is if they made it aswell, which I would appreciate. I can understand if that is to much work. And I do understand if an outside person did it it would count as possible cheating.

From what I understand, it has a lot to do with how targeting, LOS and collision was done in Vanilla.  A lot more was done client side in 2004 than is done in retail in 2017.

Thus, any modification of the client side files (even non-cheating functionality) is probably construed as cheating through their cheat detection.

Don't let some of the pure-ist butthurt affect you: for every post that is allegedly, "non-constructive" there are at least three posts replying to the post in question about how much of an asshole the person posting is.  To those people: you aren't special, and no one cares how annoyed you are.  The more time you post complaining about people, the less time you spend playing the game.

Just a random question OP, why would you want to have a broken mess of half vanilla graphics and half weeboo anime new style ew such disgusting models graphics?

The game really isn't that ugly in it's original state, also, google a bit how you can change the graphics to even better via config file editing ;).

1 hour ago, unknown-anonymous said:

1. you cannot make an addon for that

2. you would only need tinkering with MPQ files something i can guarantee Elysium doesnt detect... i have used it the past 2 months and have had no repercussions, heck i even used a hack to get 7% bonus movement speed i kept it small and was never caught but you can lookit up on youtube even dodgykebab proves it in his anti hack comparison of private 1.12.1 servers. I use a VPN and fake account so nothing harmful comes my way for being honest as long as i do not give any information related to my own.

3. as of late Elysium has been deleting and banning many posters who are not blind sheep but simply ask or point out something questionable so not using fake accounts lately is just foolish. i guess the server is slowly falling deeper and deeper after corruption was proven ? :/

note: a friend of mine lost all his gold yesterday, convinient they say no database was leaked after their investigation right ? he made a ticket but got nothing recovered. heck shortly after they had the leak they claimed they had always planned to share it... tooo convinient to say afterwards i tell ya... i think some of the database was leaked otherwise my friend would not have lost his 142 gold so soon after the leak...

Why are you spreading lies? Why are you spending time here?

GO somewhere else? Go jump off a bridge? Go make a better project yourself?

Jesus you people are annoying af.

@smokeit

An excellent question!

I love the new models over the vanilla ones I think it's one of the better things Blizz did. Although I dislike what they did to Tauren. But overall my favorite races had a really good animation upgrade and graphical update that I did love. I love vanilla game mechanics but I really enjoy Animations of the latter.

To the person saying Play retail. I do play retail, I find parts of it enjoyable It's just hard as a nursing student to invest all that time that a subscription demands and money-wise it's not efficient. I don't love Vanilla over Retail, I find a combination of the two to be the best.

Examples. Vanilla Talent system and Statsystem, Legion Graphics, TBC Content with a mixture of the new Legion Content. Vanilla Weapon Mastery System.

Legion Buff timer on Blessings (30-60 min) Instead of Vanilla (5 Min... I swear i hate that part)

The list goes on. There's good stuff there's bad stuff. But I felt that a non gamechanging thing like animations would be nice.

If it possibly would ruin LoS etc, then I understand why it hasn't been implemented. But I would love if one of the admins would think about it and have it as a potential future update. They want Elysium Project to move forward, I see the graphics as a point to move forward in my point of view.

@Anonymous 

Yeah I've heard similar from some friends that are into breaking games and see how much stuff you can fool around with. If it's only the MPQ-Files and Elysium Team would make an edition where you could choose graphics I would love it. So would some of my friends. Thanks for an honest reply from your side.

-Ayline

1 minute ago, AngelAyline said:

To the person saying Play retail. I do play retail, I find parts of it enjoyable It's just hard as a nursing student to invest all that time that a subscription demands and money-wise it's not efficient. I don't love Vanilla over Retail, I find a combination of the two to be the best.

First of all, thanks for the answer!

About this quote; Vanilla does take alot of time and effort to get somewhere. Especially lategame, if you want to raid etc it will take alot of time which may be hard with your education.

There are Legion private servers out there, you could check those out. I'm not saying Shoo go away and play legion! just some extra info :)

@smokeit No problem thank you aswell =).

I love vanilla in many regards, one of them is the "Time consuming part", Even if it takes longer I feel like I can take my time.

It's more like this if I pay for 30 days of game time, I feel obliged to play, then and now because if I don't I lose time etc.

But if I play on a private server I don't feel stressed out. So I can take my time.

1 minute ago, AngelAyline said:

It's more like this if I pay for 30 days of game time, I feel obliged to play, then and now because if I don't I lose time etc.

Aah I agree with you there :).

Alright then! Cya ingame!

NO!

I hate Legion graphics, too much filtering and shit. I like vanilla/tbc graphics, they are way more clear.

Are you saying that server admins sniff out control sum of files on my PC, how else they would know that I play modified files? Where's the border to what they sniff?

In WotLK files I removed spell casting error sound file in mpq with 0b sound file as I couldn't stand the constant thumping when spamming next spell when previous is casting. Is this again invitation to get ban here?