Pottu

Gold selling, buying and you.

We have just banned 505 accounts and removed 93k gold from Elysium.

There is no safe method for gold sellers to deliver gold to you. If you buy gold, you will always be caught, it's just a question of time. Remember that the gold comes from botting and hacked player accounts. It is in everyone's interest to squash this market - friends don't let friends buy gold.

1 hour ago, KINGDIAMOND47 said:

So no warning just straight ban?

This is not something you just warn people for, lol. Ofc its a perma ban.

Thanks Pottu and the team.

Edited by Oakenlix

2 hours ago, KINGDIAMOND47 said:

So no warning just straight ban?

Why would we? It is clearly laid out in our ToU.

16 minutes ago, Jakira said:

Why would we? It is clearly laid out in our ToU.

And what are chances that you banning innocent people? i mean trading, help from friends, other servics?

1 minute ago, Nevarion said:

And what are chances that you banning innocent people? i mean trading, help from friends, other servics?

Without going into our details on how we catch people, it is very extensive. It's not just a quick look, all bans are manually checked. Even the auto bans by the system a Senior GM is looking at it to confirm if it is legit or not.

But to answer your question, slim to none

1 minute ago, Nevarion said:

My guess is they can easily see legit hacked accounts, as well as obvious gold sellers who sell to multiple people. I'm sure it's safe to say they are not deciding their bans based solely on large amounts of gold changing hands, that would be insanity.

1 minute ago, TTL said:

My guess is they can easily see legit hacked accounts, as well as obvious gold sellers who sell to multiple people. I'm sure it's safe to say they are not deciding their bans based solely on large amounts of gold changing hands, that would be insanity.

Hacked accounts as soon as they are reported, are banned to protect what's left of the account and then we require 2FA to unban the account back into the hands of the owner.

I'm hurt. I have spent a lot of time I dont have on this. And you remove my account without a reason or anything. Heartless..

no one here on that forum can proof if you are innocent or not ;) 

who says that your are not got hacked ? ( hacked dont means they steal your things, they can use your account for spamming their goldadverts aswell)

whos says that your were not buying gold ? ( could be that your account got hacked and was used for transaction)

whos says that you are not uses an addon which isnt alowed to use ?

too many possibilities.

if you are innocent , go to the right section and open a ticked to proove your banappeal.

dont cry here.

Where is a ban appeal forum. Only two i found you either cant comment on anymore or the post has been removed. So they banned 505 accs saying no way innocent people could of been banned. Yet I'm just a lvl 37 warlock wanting to try and get to 40 and get my mount this weekend. Hell i only had less than 50 gold on the account. Sure that really went a long way on the 93k gold removed.

On 03/03/2017 at 1:55 PM, kozor said:

I'm hurt. I have spent a lot of time I dont have on this. And you remove my account without a reason or anything. Heartless..

Stop buying gold and play the game it was meant to be played.

Enjoy the ban.

38 minutes ago, Shayss said:

Stop buying gold and play the game it was meant to be played.

Enjoy the ban.

I never bought any gold. "Enjoy the ban" really? Is that the level where at? ok. 

1 hour ago, kozor said:

Fuck you corrupt pieces of shit! Hope they DDoS the shit out of this joke of a project!

seems like one of that 500 people got a correct ban :) 

im glad to see you never ingame Kozor :)

Edited by Vollfos

4 hours ago, Vollfos said:

seems like one of that 500 people got a correct ban :) 

im glad to see you never ingame Kozor :)

Okay brony. I have not bought anything for gods sake, I bet you would be pissed if they said "You bought gold but you are welcome to start all over again". They don't take the fact that someone else might be useing my account for gold selling shit in consideration. Ppl from my guild have been hacked and used in transaxions. I put days into my char helping ppl, giving new players low level greens like fucking santa. I patiently waited for days for a good explanation to what happend to my acc, I got a sentence back. This is what you get when GM's are selling gold and loot, but let's not talk about that.

I would just really hope that one of the over-worked volunteers could possibly be assigned to checking for nekkid characters around mailboxes too please. These are the ones sending out the emails. Mostly these poor souls have "normal" names, not of the Dswdgvl variety. And yes, while it is imperative that players report when they have been interrupted by a gold seller, if normal gamers with normal interfaces and normal reasoning processes can figure out where and who, might it not be also possible for a user with higher-value tools available in game?

Please?

I know that getting bugs fixed and specific aspects of the game environment out are top priority. I thank the Elysium team for all their effort on this.

But since the ban hammer hit, there are more of these naked characters sitting at mailboxes all over the map, and it is disheartening. Never ending battle, this one. Might need a different approach to address, as a suggestion, not a criticism :-)