Link

The Gates of Ahn’Qiraj

3 minutes ago, Farmbeast said:

Dynamic spawns are not giving a even close to a 30x increase stop trolling

Stop crying.  Please.

Play the game you signed up to play, with the increased population and whatever alterations you already have been given.

Retail also has a spot for you, if you can't participate on this level.

Now - take your 2 trolling posts and get the fuck out of this board.

6 minutes ago, Gehere said:

Stop crying.  Please.

Play the game you signed up to play, with the increased population and whatever alterations you already have been given.

Retail also has a spot for you, if you can't participate on this level.

Now - take your 2 trolling posts and get the fuck out of this board.

Literally stating facts, maybe take your assumptions and 266 posts back to Darrowshire?

Could someone link to a site stating what the material requirements were on the original Blizzard servers?

2 days in:

alliance total: 11% - 878.780 out of 7.800.000
horde total: 16% - 1.032.720 out of 6.650.000
shared total: 24% - 1.408.000 out of 5.850.000

least completed: alliance: roast rapter @ 2% // horde: firebloom @ 3%
most completed: alliance: arthas tears @ 42% // horde: rugged leather @ 84%

2 hours ago, Wirt said:

Could someone link to a site stating what the material requirements were on the original Blizzard servers?

http://letmegooglethat.com/?q=ahn'qiraj+gate+opening+requirements

This yields this information:

Spoiler

Both factions need to gather:

90,000 x Copper Bar (1 Signet)

26,000 x Purple Lotus (7 Signets)

80,000 x Thick Leather (7 Signets)

17,000 x Spotted Yellowtail (7 Signets)

400,000 x Runecloth Bandage (10 Signets)

The Alliance needs to gather in the Military Ward of Ironforge:

28,000 x Iron Bar (5 Signets)

24,000 x Thorium Bar (10 Signets)

20,000 x Arthas' Tears (10 Signets)

33,000 x Stranglekelp (3 Signets)

180,000 x Light Leather (1 Signet)

110,000 x Medium Leather (3 Signets)

20,000 x Roast Raptor (5 Signets)

14,000 x Rainbow Fin Albacore (3 Signets)

800,000 x Linen Bandage (1 Signet)

600,000 x Silk Bandage (5 Signets)

The Horde needs to gather in The Valley of Spirits in Orgrimmar:

22,000 x Tin Bar (3 Signets)

18,000 x Mithril Bar (7 Signets)

96,000 x Peacebloom (1 Signet)

19,000 x Firebloom (5 Signets)

60,000 x Heavy Leather (5 Signets)

60,000 x Rugged Leather (10 Signets)

10,000 x Lean Wolf Steak (1 Signets)

10,000 x Baked Salmon (10 Signets)

250,000 x Wool Bandage (3 Signets)

250,000 x Mageweave Bandage (7 Signets)

I've just remembered why I never took part in this 12 years ago. Anyone remembers Blizzard/Telia rotating some countries on the firewall?

Friendly reminder that Elixir of Greater Firepower should not be added into the game before 1.10.

You will not have it for AQ normally. Get the Firebloom out of your vaults wannabe Vurtnes and Drakekogs, thank you.

3 hours ago, Storfan said:

http://letmegooglethat.com/?q=ahn'qiraj+gate+opening+requirements

This yields this information:

Reveal hidden contents

Both factions need to gather:

90,000 x Copper Bar (1 Signet)

26,000 x Purple Lotus (7 Signets)

80,000 x Thick Leather (7 Signets)

17,000 x Spotted Yellowtail (7 Signets)

400,000 x Runecloth Bandage (10 Signets)

The Alliance needs to gather in the Military Ward of Ironforge:

28,000 x Iron Bar (5 Signets)

24,000 x Thorium Bar (10 Signets)

20,000 x Arthas' Tears (10 Signets)

33,000 x Stranglekelp (3 Signets)

180,000 x Light Leather (1 Signet)

110,000 x Medium Leather (3 Signets)

20,000 x Roast Raptor (5 Signets)

14,000 x Rainbow Fin Albacore (3 Signets)

800,000 x Linen Bandage (1 Signet)

600,000 x Silk Bandage (5 Signets)

The Horde needs to gather in The Valley of Spirits in Orgrimmar:

22,000 x Tin Bar (3 Signets)

18,000 x Mithril Bar (7 Signets)

96,000 x Peacebloom (1 Signet)

19,000 x Firebloom (5 Signets)

60,000 x Heavy Leather (5 Signets)

60,000 x Rugged Leather (10 Signets)

10,000 x Lean Wolf Steak (1 Signets)

10,000 x Baked Salmon (10 Signets)

250,000 x Wool Bandage (3 Signets)

250,000 x Mageweave Bandage (7 Signets)

84gNdBi.png

6 hours ago, Farmbeast said:

Dynamic spawns are not giving a even close to a 30x increase stop trolling

They said they adjusted number with what people have stockpile so the event is not finish in one day. They even said that if all what already been gathered would be used, they still would complete the event in one day.

The concept look hard to understand, I hope you will get it this time.

I'm all for having something to work towards but some of these just aren't feasible

38 minutes ago, Wirt said:

84gNdBi.png

Things like the leather and the cloth make sense (and numbers could probably be even higher) because they aren't limited by spawns and the higher level materials are even now, nearing completion.

The low level ores/herbs/cooking mats are where the concern lies and when you have these items that aren't plentiful to begin with and increase their requirements by 25x or 35x they just aren't going to get done in a timely manner. Items like firebloom are also important reagents for Brilliant Wizard Oil.

I think that the majority of players/raiders are more than willing to put effort in for 3-4 weeks while the developers smooth out the raid on the PTR, but some of the requirements seem unattainable.

6 hours ago, Wortgewandt said:

2 days in:

alliance total: 11% - 878.780 out of 7.800.000
horde total: 16% - 1.032.720 out of 6.650.000
shared total: 24% - 1.408.000 out of 5.850.000

least completed: alliance: roast rapter @ 2% // horde: firebloom @ 3%
most completed: alliance: arthas tears @ 42% // horde: rugged leather @ 84%

I'll give it another 2-3 days before it'll start going up by 1%, or less a day.

8 minutes ago, Oudeis said:

They said they adjusted number with what people have stockpile so the event is not finish in one day. They even said that if all what already been gathered would be used, they still would complete the event in one day.

The concept look hard to understand, I hope you will get it this time.

That explains why 30k out of the 2+ million copper ore they referenced has been sumbitted. 5 star post, thanks.

Firebloom will be the last one finished. It's not only used for 2 different top tier consumables, but also both consumes use 3 firebloom each. Fact is you can either turn in a stack of firebloom for a lvl 35 green, or sell it for 15g, or save it because it's super useful for mages and warlocks.

Fact is it's beyond obvious they are stalling for time with these absurd #s. At current prices the firebloom needed to complete the turnin is worth 318,000 gold. GL with that. It just sucks we cant use these ~2months to farm badges.

This is hilarious. You guys are getting cucked by all the "muh deeps" players not giving up their fire bloom for all the retarded speed races going in in MC and BWL.

this isn't a factor of the mats being too hard to get but just players being too selfish to give up materials for the greater good.

this is why "blizzlike" means nothing anymore. The sense I community and wonder has been replaced by selfish, entitled players.

Don't change the mat requirements, make players actually have to work and sacrifice.

You do realize that racing other servers here is irrelevant right?  These numbers are reasonable.  It's just going to take time and cooperation.  AQ40 doesn't even appear to be ready as it is

1 hour ago, Jamirus said:

This is hilarious. You guys are getting cucked by all the "muh deeps" players not giving up their fire bloom for all the retarded speed races going in in MC and BWL.

this isn't a factor of the mats being too hard to get but just players being too selfish to give up materials for the greater good.

this is why "blizzlike" means nothing anymore. The sense I community and wonder has been replaced by selfish, entitled players.

Don't change the mat requirements, make players actually have to work and sacrifice.

First off, you're the same guy who started the "Remove buffs when entering a raid instance" thread.  Just figure I would throw that in this post to make sure you know that you're the real cuck.

Secondly, I agree with your point "Blizzlike" means nothing anymore.  Many players (and these server admins) use the term "Blizzlike" to talk out of both sides of their mouths.  For example, the OP (Link) specifically stated

"Our goal is to provide an experience similar to that of the original opening of the gates. Our goal is for the War Effort to last 3-4 weeks"

Which, by "Blizzlike" standards, is actually correct.  Most people don't realize that the first gate was opened January 22, 2006.  A mere 19 days after release of the war effort.  With the top 5 being within a 35~ days or so.  Coincidentally, the realms with the higher populations finished it sooner (who would have thought).  Now, I don't know about you, but I would consider Anathema being on the more populated side of things when it comes to a server.

Shortly after stating the above mentioned quote, he does a complete 180 for the scepter quest chain, thus nullifying the "Blizzlike" experience they desired to produce.  The argument of "Blizzlike" that the player base & server admins are throwing around shouldn't even be considered a valid point.  Their are plenty of other things that they could change to help 'smooth' out the game that aren't "Blizzlike".  For example, connected flight paths.

The real gripe that those of us have with the war effort materials, is that these numbers seem to be plucked out of thin air & are only there to protect them from the onslaught of "these admins will never release AQ" comments for the billionth time.  Hell, Link even said (as well as it being quoted throughout this thread) that players have "4 million linen cloth in the banks".  If that was the case, why has only 5%~ of it been turned in?  We all know, day 1 is the biggest turn in day, and we barely made a dent into it/

For fun, lets assume you have all 16 slot bags + all bank slots fitted with 16 slot bags.  You would have a total of 200 available inventory slots (you get 24 slots on the original bank slot).  If all 200 slots were stacked with linen cloth, you would have a grand total of 4,000 linen cloth.  That 4,000 cloth is enough to turn in .20% of the required materials.  To turn in 100% of the cloth required you would need 500 characters with the bank slots mentioned above.  Now obviously, no server / not many people (if any) have the cloth in the quantity I just mentioned, but it begins to put it into perspective of just how much is actually required. (And tbh, cloth should be one of the easier ones)

I could get into more of the numbers, but i'll leave it at that.  Hope you have a good day, and hopefully i'm wrong and in 3-4 weeks we'll be able to raid AQ.  I thought it was great when doing it on Kronos.

tldr: numbers seem to be put in place because of how far behind they are with scripting the content.  some required materials @ those numbers will not be possible in 3-4 weeks.  

I dont get why u crying about mats,people are selfish and they dont turn in.AH is full of mats required.Noone in my guild farm mats and i guess its the same for the majority of guilds out there.Gather,farm,coop-profit crybabies

Example: only 1 grp of lowbies inside shadowfang keep atm

Edited by Orse

1 hour ago, Therealfotm said:

The real gripe that those of us have with the war effort materials...

tldr: numbers seem to be put in place because of how far behind they are with scripting the content.  some required materials @ those numbers will not be possible in 3-4 weeks.  

What this fellow said.

3-4 weeks is a good target. After that period of time, I'm sure the staff will reevaluate the numbers if it's necessary.

Have some faith in the staff! If their targets end up being unreasonable, they'll change em, because it's very obvious Anathema will bleed players if the war event ends up taking 12+ weeks.

1 hour ago, Orse said:

I dont get why u crying about mats,people are selfish and they dont turn in.AH is full of mats required.Noone in my guild farm mats and i guess its the same for the majority of guilds out there.Gather,farm,coop-profit crybabies

Example: only 1 grp of lowbies inside shadowfang keep atm

I also believe there's a case of selfishness going on here and maybe a feeling the event is a tad overwhelming. But my guildbank+members turned in their stockpiles and same day went back to waiting for next raid or playing other projects. Only a handful out of a 45 man+ roster are grinding out war effort mats in some form or shape. 

3 hours ago, Jamirus said:

You do realize that racing other servers here is irrelevant right?  These numbers are reasonable.  It's just going to take time and cooperation.  AQ40 doesn't even appear to be ready as it is

Copper bar completion jumped by 5k in the past day to 35k. Out of 1.25 million needed.

At that rate the war effort will be completed in 243 days, assuming collection of other materials doesn't go slower. You can't honestly believe that that is reasonable, or that the outcome of adhering to that number will be good for the server.

12 hours ago, Jamirus said:

I read somewhere about 1-2 weeks ago that scripting for AQ was 80% done. No idea if this is true so dont quote me on that number.

1 hour ago, Storfan said:

I read somewhere about 1-2 weeks ago that scripting for AQ was 80% done. No idea if this is true so dont quote me on that number.

You're correct. that was from there Q&A