Jump to content
Link

The Gates of Ahn’Qiraj

Recommended Posts

Back in the day, raiding guilds offered carry-slots on their raid for players who turned in materials for the War Effort. You wanted BWL loot but did not have a spot in a raiding guild? You went and farmed copper bars or light leather or silk bandages for few days and earned a raid spot with first-pick rights on any loot that dropped. That's just one example.

Do not think that the War Effort will be auto-completed because some posters demand instant gratification. It was a big effort on the part of the entire realm back in the day, and we want it to be the same way here. You can bitch and moan about it or accuse of us of just buying time to finish coding AQ but it isn't going to change anything.

Get farming, encourage your guild to farm, spread the word for levelers to turn in their materials - both the rep and item rewards can be quite useful during the leveling process, and so on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Pottu said:

Back in the day, raiding guilds offered carry-slots on their raid for players who turned in materials for the War Effort. You wanted BWL loot but did not have a spot in a raiding guild? You went and farmed copper bars or light leather or silk bandages for few days and earned a raid spot with first-pick rights on any loot that dropped. That's just one example.

Do not think that the War Effort will be auto-completed because some posters demand instant gratification. It was a big effort on the part of the entire realm back in the day, and we want it to be the same way here. You can bitch and moan about it or accuse of us of just buying time to finish coding AQ but it isn't going to change anything.

Get farming, encourage your guild to farm, spread the word for levelers to turn in their materials - both the rep and item rewards can be quite useful during the leveling process, and so on.

On the other hand, on retail I could (and did) make a tangible contribution from hours of farming. On here, I turned in the results of three days of farming raptor meat and leather, and made a whopping 0.0% change in the war effort counter. The current numbers are pretty demoralizing.

Edited by Lorilay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pottu said:

Back in the day, raiding guilds offered carry-slots on their raid for players who turned in materials for the War Effort. You wanted BWL loot but did not have a spot in a raiding guild? You went and farmed copper bars or light leather or silk bandages for few days and earned a raid spot with first-pick rights on any loot that dropped. That's just one example.

 

Thats happened cuz there were multiple servers all fighting for world firsts so top tier guilds did what you mentioned to gain an advantage. Anathema on the other hand doent race with any other server. 

 

Edited by xestikas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lorilay said:

On the other hand, on retail I could (and did) make a tangible contribution from hours of farming. On here, I turned in the results of three days of farming raptor meat and leather, and made a whopping 0.0% change in the war effort counter. The current numbers are pretty demoralizing.

Pretty much this. The numbers change by the hundreds And a total of 0.1% completed. 

 

Those numbers don't hold merit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Pottu said:

Back in the day, raiding guilds offered carry-slots on their raid for players who turned in materials for the War Effort. You wanted BWL loot but did not have a spot in a raiding guild? You went and farmed copper bars or light leather or silk bandages for few days and earned a raid spot with first-pick rights on any loot that dropped. That's just one example.

Do not think that the War Effort will be auto-completed because some posters demand instant gratification. It was a big effort on the part of the entire realm back in the day, and we want it to be the same way here. You can bitch and moan about it or accuse of us of just buying time to finish coding AQ but it isn't going to change anything.

Get farming, encourage your guild to farm, spread the word for levelers to turn in their materials - both the rep and item rewards can be quite useful during the leveling process, and so on.

Sure you will have aq finished and war efforts on elysium and firebloom will still be only 30%. Say all you want @Pottu but dont you dare compare anything about this event to be blizzlike. With population 2x of blizzard and numbers 30x its nothing like 2006 aq release. 

Once AQ is finished scripting  your team will adress this issue. On horde side 450 000 fireblooms with couple hundred herbalists while having to compete with alliance over those herbs? Get off that high horse please and stop thinking we are stupid.

If aq is done show us ptr stream of guilds testing it now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Instead of acting like bitches, why don't you just go farming to prove the devs wrong ? If you think they're trying to buy time finish the effort and enter AQ ... There was a mafia for Devilsaur ... Where is the AQ effort mafia ? Making sure the right faction / player get the resources to turn them in ?

Stop being little bitchz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mytchi3 said:

With population 2x of blizzard and numbers 30x its nothing like 2006 aq release. 

2x the population at all times of the day, rather than 1/3 of the day due to NA/EU/Oceanic servers back them, now all on one.

I'd at least give it a x6 easy, but yes the ratios still are not in our favor.

But still better than not having no war-effort.  At least now you see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AQ Hype!! Get to farming plz!! Who doesnt want this? mUKq9nA.jpg

 

Btw Devs, Hitbox on Cthun waaay too small. plz fix before going live!

Edited by Papertank

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The issue of the War Effort numbers is the intimidation of the numbers. You look at those figures and go farm a stack here and there? It makes almost no difference. Why bother? 

Can't speak on behalf of Anathema community, but as for our guild, the recent fog over the server has created a sense of demoralization and anxiety. People in the guild are a lot less active, a lot less confident, and a lot less excited. 

Really, the community needed to come together in some positive manner before the War Effort. So people would be all pumped up. That is not what I personally see. What would such a pre-event look like? I don't know, but ya, I personally don't see excitement atm. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Walgrave said:

The issue of the War Effort numbers is the intimidation of the numbers. You look at those figures and go farm a stack here and there? It makes almost no difference. Why bother? 

Can't speak on behalf of Anathema community, but as for our guild, the recent fog over the server has created a sense of demoralization and anxiety. People in the guild are a lot less active, a lot less confident, and a lot less excited. 

Really, the community needed to come together in some positive manner before the War Effort. So people would be all pumped up. That is not what I personally see. What would such a pre-event look like? I don't know, but ya, I personally don't see excitement atm. 

No one sees the excitement anymore..    look at the recent population numbers.   It is not looking good.

With the population decreasing like this, Anathema will be struggling to complete the event.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Gehere said:

No one sees the excitement anymore..    look at the recent population numbers.   It is not looking good.

With the population decreasing like this, Anathema will be struggling to complete the event.

Anathema will not complete the event beucase its not possible. Numbers they took was a mistake and to farm those ammounts is not a matter of how many people farm. You cant make it spawn faster and its a limited resource. 24/7 farm on CD would still last for months. Top guilds did the math said fuck you incompetent dev team and left. And people leave daily and those who dont just raidlog. Guild that can run 40 man raid with 10 people being benched a month ago has now 10 people online during the week becuase rest is raiding AQ on kronos and raidlog here.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

also a big prob is greed i was looking for the 2 cooking recs on ah and people what 45g for them ...there not in low lv zones  and only cost 2g and i think the wolf one is like 50silver.i can see marking up 1-2g but its crazy.

i did get one of them my self the sammon one  but unable to get the wolf one.im only 32 right now and i try to toss what i can when i can but will get done when we get done.

Somethings are going to be harder ya and we can only hope they lower the numbers .And yes there has been talk that aq is not even done and thats why the numbers are so huge .But we wont know till we get done really

and the talk of guilds hording x items so they can turn in  last bit and rush off to try to be fist aq done is facepalm if there are some doing this good luck they will be waiting a long time at this rate just for a first down like its some huge thing on undertuned riads lol.I dont get what the deal is with being first or fastest.But thats just me lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cod me your stacks of raptor meat for 30s and I'll cook it and turn it in. 

Same goes for your stacks of rainbow albacore.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Pottu said:

You can bitch and moan about it or accuse of us of just buying time to finish coding AQ but it isn't going to change anything.

 

17 hours ago, Pottu said:

Get farming, encourage your guild to farm, spread the word for levelers to turn in their materials - both the rep and item rewards can be quite useful during the leveling process, and so on.

 

8 hours ago, Jayseric said:

Instead of acting like bitches, why don't you just go farming to prove the devs wrong ? If you think they're trying to buy time finish the effort and enter AQ ... There was a mafia for Devilsaur ... Where is the AQ effort mafia ? Making sure the right faction / player get the resources to turn them in ?

These posts lmao.  @Jayseric show me your bank alts filled with War effort mats. I would love to see how much you're contributing daily.  @Pottu 5 alliance guilds have disbanded since the announcement of the war effort.  Explain to me why that would happen? Shouldn't that attract more players? Nope, people are leaving/quitting for other servers daily.  Look at the numbers posted for the original blizzard war efforts.  Nothing is even 100% completed for ally/horde/shared.  iiFCixY.png

 

@Pottu Explain this to me.  Even if it were blizzlike numbers, the war effort still wouldn't be completed, and yet you want us to farm over 3000 times the materials for some items, when we only double the population???? "You can bitch and moan about it or accuse of us of just buying time to finish coding AQ but it isn't going to change anything." I think the community has justified their "bitch and moan", Pottu. Jesus christ what a joke of a war effort.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Papertank said:

AQ Hype!! Get to farming plz!! Who doesnt want this?

How about you quit wasting time testing content that won't release in the next year, and get your guild to help farm mats.  Why test that shit when it won't be out for another 9+months.   When the war effort is 90% completed, go test AQ40. Legit wasting your time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Pottu Still waiting. Don't give me an answer like, "Well, if they were blizzlike numbers they could've farmed the other materials, finishing it faster!"  How long will it be until we actually complete Blizzard's original war effort numbers? Will it be 19 days like in retail? If not, and we're doubling a norm population. What does that say about the war effort, Pottu?  If we had 75% of all those mats stockpiled, why isn't the original blizzard war effort completed. Please, I need some guidance, or am I bitching and moaning, and should be farming instead?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 час назад, Papertank сказал:

AQ Hype!! Get to farming plz!! Who doesnt want this? mUKq9nA.jpg

 

Btw Devs, Hitbox on Cthun waaay too small. plz fix before going live!

is this from PTR?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, kolbasnik said:

is this from PTR?

No Gemt is a very good open source developer and he was one of the few people to be able to get his own 'test server' up and running for his guild to practice AQ on.

There is no documentation as to how to do it so us less experienced developers are unable to open our own test server.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Pest said:

How about you quit wasting time testing content that won't release in the next year, and get your guild to help farm mats.  Why test that shit when it won't be out for another 9+months.   When the war effort is 90% completed, go test AQ40. Legit wasting your time.

How about you stop whining, get off the forum, download the now open source server, run it, and help finding/fixing bugs in AQ? Do you really need an official elysium person telling you that they will change the war effort numbers when AQ is finished? The ONLY thing that will speed up the war effort is helping with completing AQ. Completing the war effort wont finish AQ.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Gemt said:

How about you stop whining, get off the forum, download the now open source server, run it, and help finding/fixing bugs in AQ? Do you really need an official elysium person telling you that they will change the war effort numbers when AQ is finished? The ONLY thing that will speed up the war effort is helping with completing AQ. Completing the war effort wont finish AQ.

Preach oh based god Gemt. All Hail Gemt!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the passive 3.3% regeneration won't be taking place? That's certainly one way to give merit to people's arguments when they're saying this is an attempt to buy time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The other aspect that is different is how much douchebagery with hording mats has happened as well. Also consider that those Nazi douche bags from nope probably had a lot that will never be turned in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×