Maynard

Elysium PvP - Devilsaur leather at 27,50g per piece / cornered market / mafia

I'm sorry but 620g for 2/2 devilsaur set is just too much.

What the players behind the Un'goro mafia have done is nothing short of outstanding - they created an organized group, partnered with the opposite faction, and reaped tremendous returns. However, I feel their arrogance and greed has gone a tad too far.

I tried contacting these mafia characters to ask for a bulk price on devilsaur leather or whether they can let me farm for a fee. I received no response whatsoever.

World of Warcraft is a social game and to fully enjoy it one must make friends and play together. 

This whole mafia thing, however, has gone way out of line. 

I want to reply in advance to the first person to comment "it's blizzlike GTFO" or "u mad bro" by refreshing him / her on the original blizz-like terms of use from WoW:

B. Rules Related to "Chat" and Interaction With Other Users. Communicating in-game with other Users and Blizzard representatives, whether by text, voice or any other method, is an integral part of the Game and the Service and is referred to here as "Chat." When engaging in Chat, you may not: 

(viii) Communicate directly with players who are playing characters aligned with the opposite faction (e.g. Horde communicating with Alliance or vice versa);

Here is the link: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/wow_tou.html

I would appreciate if the management considers the negative effect this whole thing has on the player base of the server. Not one or two friends of mine have quit the game due to being bullied by these guys. 

It's truly out of hand. I know of many players who have complained about it. It is a group of horde and alliance toons who are friends outside of the game. They monopolize the market, harass competition in and out of game, and make it really unfun for others.

However, this does not, in my opinion, require GM actions. It requires the playerbase forming a counter group to PvP targeted players who are part of the mafia 24 hours a day.

1) Collect their names on a list.

2) Publish the list on the organizers page.

3) Set up shifts to organize PvP groups sufficient to kill, corpse camp, and graveyard camp their toons.

Take over their territory.

Edited by Pwnlord

"I THINK THE MAFIA IS GREAT BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY THE GOING RATE FOR DEVILSAUR LEATHER SO THE GM TEAM NEEDS TO STOP THIS EXPLOITING"

^---- this thread

So when all those players got banned for "scouting", how come this isn't viewed as the same type of situation?? Certain players were hopping on opposite faction accounts to avoid pre-mades for easy BG wins. There are people doing the same exact thing to stop players from being able to freely compete and farm for materials themselves. 

A couple of friends of mine and myself went to Un'goro and started to farm for Devilsaurs one night and ended up getting 2 hides from the so called "mafia" and they started harassing us verbally. Not to soon after they told us that they were going to kill us. What do you know, MULITPLE opposing faction players showed up and tried camping us for about an hour. 

To my understanding this was originally against blizzard terms like Maynard previously stated above. I personally don't need or care to much about the hides, but I don't agree with people that play the game and make it unfair for others. By doing so it makes people not want to play, and eventually can lead to major loss in numbers or even server shut downs.

I honestly doubt Elysium will do anything about this though =/.

Battleground win-trading and controlling devilsaurs are not comparable.  

There is no way for the Elysium GM Team to "police" Alliance players/guilds joining the same ventrillo/teamspeak/mumble/discord server as Horde players/guilds with the purpose of "sanctioning" said players for "cooperating" to control devilsaurs.

There is a "PVP solution" to the mafia -- bring your own team/guild/inter-faction alliance and kick their asses and take control of the devilsaurs.

There is no "PVP solution" to battleground win-trading (by the very nature of win-trading).

By doing so it makes people not want to play, and eventually can lead to major loss in numbers or even server shut downs.

Yeah, no.  Not gonna happen just because a handful of buttsad Rogues and (Fury) Warriors think they're entitled to devilsaur leather because "MUH PRE-RAID BiS"

Hopefully this thread quick devolves into 100+ comments from impotent non-factors screeching about how "LIKE TOTALLY UNFAIR AND STUFF" it is that there is hyper-competition for Devilsaurs.

"HURRR DURRR JEDDDUURRRRT U R PROLLY THE MAFIA AND U WANT UR DEVILSAURS ALL 2 URSELF AND U SHOULD BE BANND 4 XXPLOITZ"

Nope.  I've been playing on Nostalrius since April 2015 and my highest characters are just hitting Level 38 today (3/5/17).

So, they "Mafia" isn't against the rules per se, but isn't exploiting resources on the AH in violation? If so, why can't we get them banned or broken up fo rthat AH exploit?

16 minutes ago, mcwang15 said:

I've been 100% banned for controlling (and by controlling, they said I was exploiting) the AH economy.

You unverified anecdote needs more evidence than that.

Somebody really ought to ban that cheater who controls the [Stonesplinter Dagger] supply on the Horde AH (for 2G!!!!!!!!!!!).  What a cheating cheater that guy is.

1 minute ago, heywhereu said:

Cool we've already got one of these autistic faggots spamming the thread about how hard of a pvper they are while the kill devilsaur mobs with about 20 other dudes and half of them on the other faction

If they see you standing all around together without fighting you all get perma banned retard

You seem kinda mad -- and sexually inexperienced.

Nice first post, kid.

Edited by Jeddite

Just now, heywhereu said:

he replis literally moments later because if this gets banned like it should he would throw a fit over his lost avenue for griefing same faction players. not even going to bother to read it dumbfuck

ITT: an angry virg-sperg struggles to understand how notifications work.

4 hours ago, Jeddite said:

"I THINK THE MAFIA IS GREAT BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY THE GOING RATE FOR DEVILSAUR LEATHER SO THE GM TEAM NEEDS TO STOP THIS EXPLOITING"

Needs emphasizing.

No retail cuckery is allowed here. Don't like it? Organize something bigger and better. Otherwise, it will not change. The war for the resource has come and passed, secured in its place rightfully by the current corporate owners, until other would be profiteers rise up to the challenge to fight for this resource they so covet.

Play the game.

1 minute ago, heywhereu said:

If they see you standing all around together without fighting you all get perma banned

easy solution to a bunch of shitty players who the server could easily lose without anyone noticing

I'm in Arathi Basin right now, BTW.

( while you sit there, stewing in impotent nerdrage )

4 minutes ago, heywhereu said:

You claimed there is no solution to this. There is. Perma ban anyone standing around in ungoro crater on top of 20 other players from both factions without fighting. It would stop this from happening real quick

This isn't retail. And no TOU are being broken to warrant such action, despite your believing/saying so.

Colluding with the enemy faction is a bannable offense

Nope.

manipulating prices on the AH is also a bannable offense

Nope.

2 minutes ago, Shiamorah said:

Choosing not to attack an enemy player is not a bannable offense.

Everybody who refuses to stop and gank a level 31 struggling to kill a Shadowmaw Panther in STV is hereby subject to a permanent ban.

IT'S IN THE TOU!!!!!!!!!!!

The time spent circlejerking here could have easily been used to farm at least 100g

Instead you chose to cry on forum 

Just now, heywhereu said:

Also just the level to which you race to defend this shows you're afraid that it is griefing and that they will begin banning it. But feel free to continue bumping this thread back to the top of the page.

Yeah, eventually Pottu will lock the thread, nobody will get banned, and you'll still be simultaneously buttmad and buttsad.

WIN/WIN/LOSER

46 minutes ago, homu said:

That's how they remove gold from players and force them to buy gold for real money.

These guys obviously cooperate with admin staff, so they will never get banned.

Some of these players even have gm's "kick from server" command, I got disconnected several times when I was ganking or stealing their leather.

This isn't reddit. Take your tinfoil hat conspiracy bullshit out of here.

Thanks for the attention, and ye ungoro is cool , we re having fun and millions of gold to run 24/7 flasked WSG undefeated prem. Thanks for existind ungoro :) , ty for leathers!

1 hour ago, cadet said:

Lots of people complain about devilsaur leather and sets prices, but that's because they are not prepared enough to show up in the crater and farm by themselves. Some people try to bring their guildies or friends to the crater and they fail, and some others success. Some groups after failing over and over take it personally and bring their whole guild, and since so many people and groups are involved in devilsaur battles prices keep rising.

Today a group of backpedaling noobs from a guild called <IRON EDGE> tried to claim Un'Goro Crater for themselves forcing all of their guild members to "come or get gkicked", but as usual they failed. We hope that all those massive spirit resses encouraged these people to buy our sets and leathers from auction house or world chat, as we secured the crater in few minutes from cucks like them (since they gave up after getting wiped once).

This is not the first time we push an entire guild or a big group of people out of Un'goro Crater, and won't be the last time since it's one of the main resources for melee classes and hunters. Anyways, those kind of guys who still want to farm after all will always be welcome to the crater, but we expect them to bring enough consumables to fail and enough gold to pay their repair bill after taking resurrection sickness in Tanaris(yes, not in Un'Goro).

Best regards and happy shopping,

Cadet

Easy explanation kids

11 minutes ago, homu said:

do you seriously NOT selling gold to goldsellers and using it for flasks? then I feel sorry for you guys

Goldseller spotted