Kajjan

The Devilsaur monopoly.

5 hours ago, Nosleep said:

saying that win trading is ONLY against the rules because it could break the ranking system is fundamentally wrong.

if i win trade but then stop when i get to rank 6.. or i only do it 1 game per week.. does that make it ok? ... ofc not!

why?

because its the principle behind win trading that is wrong, not the amount you gain from it.

Are you even familiar with honor system? It doesn't matter what rank u'd stop at if you gained bracket 1 by pure win trading lol. You'd fuck up ranking for high ranked people big time by breaking/not stacking with a bracket (do you have a slightest clue here or I'm talking in the void?) TL:DR "wintrading" is a term that belong to battlegrounds period. Don't use it for something you consider kinda sorta somewhat mAAAaaaybe comperable. As I said principle is irrelevant. Main principle behind ungoro = individuals don't like cucks on the same faction thus fuck em up using friendship with opposing faction... call it RPG betrayal but nothing against rules or any MMORPG aspect. 

5 minutes ago, devilsaurPVEerBGwintrader said:

This won't work because having your pre bis is very valuable despite the claims that it's not needed and many other people WILL continue to buy gold to pay for it instead of farming it specially when most gold farming methods have been deliberately silently nerfed leaving the monopolized devilsaurs as one of the only useful methods of obtaining gold. The crestfall server has said they would allow this practice to carry over to their server and so now the problem is other servers allowing this after elysium inevitably crashes and dies because they let themselves got fooled by the whole "it can be solved through pvp" shtick by a bunch of handholding gold selling PVE trash.

This is such a bad excuse. First, you have no knowledge of anyone buying gold just to buy devilsaur gear. Second, you are trying to say gold sellers are using Devilsaur farming, which isn't true. Third, you are trying to say that it is the servers fault for not interfering with something you have personal investment in... and that the result is players break the rules. 

Either you have some magical source that you can prove any of these things, or you are just upset because you are having a hard time getting Pre-BiS gear.

3 minutes ago, devilsaurPVEerBGwintrader said:

I do have knowledge of exactly that happening. What you have no knowledge of is of that not taking place, and this garbage argument about "having enough evidence" comes up over and over again idiotically in defense of Elysium while it finishes dying. The staff should have built a decent server and then you wouldn't find yourself having to defend a load of shit. It's too late for that now and you find yourself here having to explain this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ElysiumProject/comments/5y4rcv/do_not_buy_gold/

Oh noice, forgot one guy represents the entire community issue here :'D 

I really enjoy that you revolve your entire argument around a guy who Reddit publicly declares an idiot.

Edited by Shiamorah

Just now, devilsaurPVEerBGwintrader said:

One guy came forward to admit publicly they bought gold to purchase their devilsaur set, how many more people do you believe will do that?

Continue sympathizing for rule breakers. Your point is still invalid hahahaha

1 minute ago, devilsaurPVEerBGwintrader said:

I don't disagree that these people are idiots however the fact that they haven't come forward does not mean that they have not purchased gold in order to acquire their pre bis which is both highly sought after and made much harder to get due to half a dozen other gold farming methods having been deliberately silently nerfed by the admins.

Your argument can be applied to any expensive BoE in the game ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

34 minutes ago, devilsaurPVEerBGwintrader said:

No, because "any expensive BoE in the game" can not be monopolized. Well, except for the banks full of glitched alcor's.

They are still ricidulously expensive. So the same guy who buys 500gold for the devilsaur will buy 600gold for lionheart, 900g for Edgemasters, 650g for Arcanite Reaper, 400g for Stronghold gauntlets and for 130g flasks. Get real, please.

I'm just saying if you are trying to say this is bad because players will buy gold for it, the same argument can be made for any expensive BoE in game. In fact, that reddit post even included something that was also expensive, but not being "monopolized". I feel making an argument that players will buy gold since items are so expensive is just a really, really bad one. Because there are tons of items that aren't being "monopolized" that fit in the same exact category.

The plain and simple fact is that this is not a monopoly. You can simply go farm them off hours. You can snipe them. You can go in, farm one, and then stop for a while and come back later. The reality is you can get these items, it isn't impossible. 

This is no different than a guild 24/7 camping a mob spawn. Even without the assistance of the opposing faction, they would make it impossible for players to farm items like this, if they were constantly watching for them. Would you make the same argument then? No... 

6 minutes ago, devilsaurPVEerBGwintrader said:

1) Few of those things are effected by an artificlal monopoly, open world herb/mine spawn rates should go up based on the number of players on the servers

2) They are effected by half a dozen other gold farming methods having been deliberately silently nerfed by the admins, which I am also opposed to and is very much related to what is going on with the devilsaurs or with attempting to collect those items or any other pre bis gear

Did you really think you had some big point to counter what I've been saying?

Gold buyers will buy gold nonetheless. They cant be arsed to put in the work. People get riled up over devilsaur leather because they think its the ONLY WAY TO MAKE GOLD OR ELSE WE WONT GET MONEYZ. This is nonsense. Ever heard of strat living farming? You can easily make 40-50g/hour with a 5men grp. The way gold farming is set up on this server is that you need to get social to do so. But because lots and lots of people came from retail because of hype they totall forgot what i means to be actually social in an MMORPG. They forgot how to make a coin and share cuts. They think they need to be able to solo farm 100% and make 80g/hour to be competitive.

My point is that when a warrior wants to get BiS geared he can easily pump out 2,5k gold. Whether devilsaur set costs 250g (normal price before mafia) or 550g doenst matter to that person. Who cant farm 300g in one weekend?!

Edited by ismeckye

8 minutes ago, ismeckye said:

Gold buyers will buy gold nonetheless. They cant be arsed to put in the work. People get riled up over devilsaur leather because they think its the ONLY WAY TO MAKE GOLD OR ELSE WE WONT GET MONEYZ. This is nonsense. Ever heard of strat living farming? You can easily make 40-50g/hour with a 5men grp. The way gold farming is set up on this server is that you need to get social to do so. But because lots and lots of people came from retail because of hype they totall forgot what i means to be actually social in an MMORPG. They forgot how to make a coin and share cuts. They think they need to be able to solo farm 100% and make 80g/hour to be competitive.

My point is that when a warrior wants to get BiS geared he can easily pump out 2,5k gold. Whether devilsaur set costs 250g (normal price before mafia) or 550g doenst matter to that person. Who cant farm 300g in one weekend?!

Why try to argue with a guy that literally created a forum account just to whine about this? xD As if his position isn't BIASED LMAO.

I have full t2 and am only effected by a team of trolls who want to see the server die along with its unfortunate admins making all of the wrong decisions

tl;dr "everyone except me is wrong"

2 minutes ago, devilsaurPVEerBGwintrader said:

Many people posted in the thread agreeing with me, next desperate lie please?

Also, for reference:

pop.png

Wait, you mean all the newly created accounts? Riiiiiight.

If you think that the forums represents even a MINORITY of the players, you are damn wrong. And if you think that the people posting in this thread represent a minority of that minority, you are again, damn wrong.

This guy. :'D The 4 players who repeatedly post that this is a problem in all threads represent the community

That reference shows a population stabilizing. Or are you forgetting that the Elysium project is a collection of new servers in general? 

Edited by Shiamorah

It shows the population dropping by half in two months which is humiliating for the server.

THEN GTFO HAHAHA what the fuck are you doing here?

HAHAHAHA WHAT KIND OF LOSER SERVER DOESN'T GET ALL FEELZ-BAD WHEN  OPERATIONAL COSTS GO DOWN AND SERVER STABILITY GOES UP HAHAHHAHAHAH STUPID ROSHYA-ANS HAHAHAH

Discussing an issue which may carry over to the next servers that everyone hops to if it is not solved now. What are you doing here?

I'm enjoying the game, just like the rest of the 99% of the population :)

You are talking nonsense "AN ISSUE THAT MAY CARRY OVER TO THE NEXT SERVERS THAT EVERYONE HOPS TO IF IT IS NOT SOLVED NOW"

Do you know how ridiculous this sounds???? 

"Eyyy everyone, we're pissed off that this is an issue here, so let's go hop to another server with that same issue!!!!11!!!"

Herp a derp a derrrrrrrr

19 minutes ago, devilsaurPVEerBGwintrader said:

Nobody in the cartel is cutting shares. There are a few players who camp there for over 16 hours a day and when they get attacked by anybody they call in reinforcements to defend them. It's not a brotherhood of friends carefully splitting up the skins they receive. The misdirections are getting really boring.

I mean that you need to farm dungeons and share over there. Like in twomanning DM:E jump runs with warrior/shaman or 5manning strat live to with tank, healer, 3 AoEer who just rip everything apart. People seem to forget how to make gold while being social

2 minutes ago, devilsaurPVEerBGwintrader said:

One of the last times this issue was discussed, while the Legacy Gaming Network was a thing, it was said that crestfall would allow this to continue, because at that time enough handholding gold selling PVE loving carebears made noise about how much of a bunch of hardasses they are for standing next to each other with the enemy faction not fighting so that they can make and sell slightly more gold. It's really funny actually, the other half of the reason these threads are worth posting in.

I'm preetttttttyyyy sure every single server allows this for a good reason, bub :)

Tl;dr make your own server with blackjack and hookers but no ungoro mafia

But before that, we better talk about how big of an issue this is, before players are so frustrated about it that they hop over to another server with the same issue!!!!!!

Edited by Shiamorah

4 minutes ago, devilsaurPVEerBGwintrader said:

Discussing an issue which may carry over to the next servers that everyone hops to if it is not solved now. What are you doing here?

The mafia was on Nost for months and months and the numbers increased all the time. Maaaaaaybe after the Nost shutdown LOADS of hype plebs came from retail and cant fathom that you need to be social to farm on a private server? :O:O:O:O:O

Lol, nost had problems but they didn't have the problems that Elysium has many of which that have already been carefully listed in this thread and led people to abandon Elysium as a server rather than rapidly increasing its population over an entire year exactly as you bring up.

Citation needed*

Sure, let me get that citation for you.

Oh right, players are dropping because of the Un'goro Mafia

x'D x'D You are rich, kid I love how you can tell population is dropping because players aren't getting their Devilsaur leather

3 minutes ago, devilsaurPVEerBGwintrader said:

Lol, nost had problems but they didn't have the problems that Elysium has many of which that have already been carefully listed in this thread and led people to abandon Elysium as a server rather than rapidly increasing its population over an entire year exactly as you bring up.

You just said that the mafia is the one of the downfalls of the server. But you cant state that and forget that Nosts number went up while the mafia was around. You have nothing to back that up.

If I just say now: It's good for the server because hardcores have something to compete over instead of farming plebs in BRM or raidlogging because there is nothing to do.

But why did the number went up even though the mafia was on Nost? Care to explain?

Edited by ismeckye

>weekend evening

>Population: 6408

everything is fine bois, server is totally not dying, keep farming and not selling devilsaurs, i still need to sell 8 stacks

Edited by homu3

On 3/9/2017 at 0:34 AM, Hurricane2 said:

Blizzard designed the game so that you can't cross faction communicate.  That's just how it is.  That was Blizzard's choice and I am simply echoing their choice on how they designed the game.  Just because you are able to communicate outside of the game doesn't mean it's allowed.  This is not a difficult mechanic to understand.

You mean by adding languages? Don't want to sound very confident here but i feel they did that just as a roleplaying aspect of a game. Not as a thing that stretches into playstyle rule. You are free being a roleplayer and condemn those that betray their faction by making deals with nasty hordes/punny alliance and /spitting on them in Ironforge but thats about it. Don't tell me how to play a game I won't tell you how to play it. For all I care you can sit 24/7 in goldshire Inn telling stories about dragons and great Un'Goro betrayal. 

As a matter of fact Blizzard made their RP realms to please people like that... I mean those that consider working with horde against the nature of a game. If any of Elysium server was marked when created as RP-pvp or RP-pve realm I'd agree but it isn't so those RP rules aren't going to be respected here. 

Edited by Morathe

5 hours ago, devilsaurPVEerBGwintrader said:

I don't disagree that these people are idiots however the fact that they haven't come forward does not mean that they have not purchased gold in order to acquire their pre bis which is both highly sought after and made much harder to get due to half a dozen other gold farming methods having been deliberately silently nerfed by the admins.

I love how you ask for evidence and I show it and then you find some other excuse to continue backpadeling your way around this issue.

And thats a real thing to fight for here. Fight with gms to un-nerf other sources like dm east or dm tribute soloable for hunters etc instead whistle blowing un'goro out of proportion. I know it hurts some people that they are not a part of a club and the shit they googled out as a pre raid bis is out of their gold reach but you can only blame people that control ungoro for adapting to the situation. There is nothing against rules there, its just a blowback from other things that hurt randoms and the server in general I'll agree on that. But by enforcing even MORE control by admins/gms you'll run into even worse conditions. Get back on gms to recreate old instance farming and soloing of stuff then economy will balance out itself in time. They won't do that tho cause they can't control the bots in instances that easy and thats the sole purpose for nerfing those places... not because they are hurt some classes can have better gold per hour ratio than others... derp.