I just like the math. It gave me an excuse to understand the gameobject spawner table in the database.

The GET OUT AND FARM bit was facetious.

5 hours ago, qbradq said:

for Firebloom there are 198 spawners total each on a 5 minute respawn delay.

Whatever you think you found in lines of code somewhere on the internet, ur 5 minutes respawn timer is complete fantasy.

Are you herbalist and playing - even remotely -  here on Anathema ?

5 minutes respawn timer Firebloom, made my day thx.

im 28 on and im out farming what i can to turn and help a lot of the easy stuff is all most max or very high in the war eff.I wanted to do the fishing and cooking one seems like next to no one does them but lack the skill to cook or there ones needed past what my lv can make and need to hit 35 first .

wile i cant say how hard a lot of them may be there are a lot of easy ones as well not even being done like fishing and what not this war effect is going to take a wile ya but if guilds are quiting over something this little thats just sad.imo that just means the guild people it self had no ties to each other and that kind of guild was bound to fail any way.Thats why ill never get why people rush to 60 and skip tons of other stuff but to each there own i guess .

well thats my rant on this lol off to fish some yellowtail agin

little help if others need to know where to get a few things that iv looked up

baked sammon is found in feralas 2g no idea where to find the fish for it

yellowtail fish destwallow marsh

the wolf one is found in desolace no idea on price or where at

U would think higher lvs would be tossing them in ah to get other to help u know not eveny can enter the 2 zones so easy to grab the 2 rec for cooking.

last time  looking on ah some one wanted 45g for the 2g baked sammon rec from feralas.Not the best way to try and get others to want to help

Edited by rajinsu

On 3/10/2017 at 7:07 PM, Slicy said:

Whatever you think you found in lines of code somewhere on the internet, ur 5 minutes respawn timer is complete fantasy.

Are you herbalist and playing - even remotely -  here on Anathema ?

5 minutes respawn timer Firebloom, made my day thx.

That's what I found in the database. I need to look at the code more carefully. I did create a Cartographer file with ain t ll the herb spawns in Tanaris and found that only a percentage are up at any given time. I don't know what the percentage is. However, when you pick a firebloom, five minutes later another firebloom spawns somewhere in that zone.

On 10-3-2017 at 7:57 PM, taladril said:

So because the top guild on the server up and quits because they're bored and don't want to wait an unknown amount of time

I bet those bastards keep an eye on the website and come back once the effort is almost done to snatch those mounts with human characters.

I think people are overreacting on both sides of this dilemma.

The staff was correct to "change" the requirements. The idea of the whole event is to have both horde and alliance working together to complete the war effor. However, given that everyone playing the game knew what was required in advance, hardcore guilds simply began stockpiling the mats. If it had gone this way, the war effort would have probably lasted only a couple of days, until the guilds finished the scepter chain.

But guilds are correct that the requirements are too high, and would essentially bankrupt them. Take into consideration that most of the people farming this mats are the hardcore guilds alone. While you can count some random player doing his contribution from time to time, its mostly the top-end guilds. Then there is the opportunistic player that will be looking to make a profit, which made the prices of a lot of this materials skyrocket. While I do believe that the whole attitude of leaving the server is childish, only a few days after the event began, I think their complain is substantial.

A x2 or x3 would have been more reasonable.

Have we heard anything about the passively generated 3.3% mats for the war effort? It should be clicking in now, but I haven't even heard their stand on the matter 

Edited by Netherfrost

14 minutes ago, Netherfrost said:

Have we heard anything about the passively generated 3.3% mats for the war effort? It should be clicking in now, but I haven't even heard their stand on the matter 

They have said there will not be auto completion shenanigans. However they are working on "reviewing" the scaling of some materials.

On 10/03/2017 at 11:46 PM, Outstanding said:

Oh dear God. IF they follow standard Blizzlike mantra then after 30 days they will start auto-complete and the war effort will be over 30 days later, less whatever is already handed in. 

So 60 days max.

The questions you should be asking the staff here is ''are you going to implement auto-complete?''

If the answer is yes, then you'll have AQ with two months

If the answer is no, then it's purely down to delaying the event for as long as possible.

This is the ONLY thing that's important.

Not going to happen. They already said there will be NO Autocompletion.

4 hours ago, Wortgewandt said:

Not going to happen. They already said there will be NO Autocompletion.

Greets. Thanks for that. I do not doubt you but do you have a link? I've seen it discussed before elsewhere. I do wish these forums were up to the standard as **elsewhere**, it's difficult to interact with the community.

Best 

29 minutes ago, Outstanding said:

Greets. Thanks for that. I do not doubt you but do you have a link? I've seen it discussed before elsewhere. I do wish these forums were up to the standard as **elsewhere**, it's difficult to interact with the community.

Best 

ZshRmWT.png

Let me just remind you of a few facts;

1) The driving goal of the war effort was a challenging event that would take 3-4 weeks to complete (the retail war effort feel), not something that could be finished in 1 day.

2) The core is out there, players have streamed our AQ from a several month old core- even then AQ was in great shape. The idea that we are "stalling" because its not ready is a bit redundant if you go and look at those streams.

now onto my personal opinion - not a statement of fact or in any way an official statement from the project:

Could you guys just take a breath; Link's announcement was very clear, the war effort wasnt finished in a day on retail, and it shouldnt be completed in a day on a legacy server. You dont even have to trust us that AQ is waiting, go compile the core yourself and check it out. In the mean time go farm some mats and participate in the greatest event of vanilla wow. 

12 minutes ago, Akuta said:

1) The driving goal of the war effort was a challenging event that would take 3-4 weeks to complete (the retail war effort feel), not something that could be finished in 1 day.

2) The core is out there, players have streamed our AQ from a several month old core- even then AQ was in great shape. The idea that we are "stalling" because its not ready is a bit redundant if you go and look at those streams.

now onto my personal opinion - not a statement of fact or in any way an official statement from the project:

Could you guys just take a breath; Link's announcement was very clear, the war effort wasnt finished in a day on retail, and it shouldnt be completed in a day on a legacy server. You dont even have to trust us that AQ is waiting, go compile the core yourself and check it out. In the mean time go farm some mats and participate in the greatest event of vanilla wow. 

That's all good and fine, but look at the actual facts for a second.

Daily the server drops players. Over the past week, the materials turned in went from (disregarding the launch day) 5%(mo) to 3% (tue) and since last wednesday, we barely reached 1%. With this tendency in mind, a vanilla goal of 3-4 weeks will not be reached. 3-4 months is more likely. This much, you guys will have to admit.

It cant be that the people who have been waiting for AQ for nearly more than 2 years now, get punished because someone did assume the numbers in a wrong matter. Thats just not reasonable, no matter how you look at it.

I myself turned in around 6k Leather and a good 1k of other stuffs, but looking at those numbers and hwo they dont budge, is just demoralizing.

32 minutes ago, Wortgewandt said:

That's all good and fine, but look at the actual facts for a second.

Daily the server drops players. Over the past week, the materials turned in went from (disregarding the launch day) 5%(mo) to 3% (tue) and since last wednesday, we barely reached 1%. With this tendency in mind, a vanilla goal of 3-4 weeks will not be reached. 3-4 months is more likely. This much, you guys will have to admit.

It cant be that the people who have been waiting for AQ for nearly more than 2 years now, get punished because someone did assume the numbers in a wrong matter. Thats just not reasonable, no matter how you look at it.

I myself turned in around 6k Leather and a good 1k of other stuffs, but looking at those numbers and hwo they dont budge, is just demoralizing.

Dude sometimes you need to slow down and take a breath, just like Akuta is suggesting. Read between the lines. The devs want this to not be an instantaneous effort that finishes quickly. They hoped for it to be a 3-4 week effort. Some things came up as a surprise so they are looking into it. What does that mean to you? That they'll modify numbers so that it's complete in 3-4 weeks. Please stop trying to find ways to purposely freak out. AQ will come and it won't be 1-2 years from now just because that's what the number projection says.

1 hour ago, Akuta said:

Link's announcement was very clear, the war effort wasnt finished in a day on retail, and it shouldnt be completed in a day on a legacy server. You dont even have to trust us that AQ is waiting, go compile the core yourself and check it out. In the mean time go farm some mats and participate in the greatest event of vanilla wow. 

The real issue here is that the scaling was (apparently) based off EVERY materials "active" accounts had in their vaults at a given time (which is way lower at the moment considering the population drops after you released the war effort details, which already tells a lot and should make you reconsider the current numbers since the server gets less and less activity outside of raid logging).

Not all of them were meant to be turned in and obviously this is a misunderstanding of how a typical economic behavior from a random player (caring or not about upcoming content) who had materials stored up will react to the event and these numbers. GREED (the mass' real concern) > EFFORT (of those who want to participate in it), by far.

I believe you are aware of the data showing average turn in for 24 hours based off the first week of the event which is supposed to have the highest participation and what it means in terms of Days left to complete each material. Even with these values, the event can't be completed realistically within 1-2 months but will take from 3 months to 1 year because of some non infinitely farmable materials getting an absurb +2500% scaling for presumed stock piled mats which will never get turned in.

I completely agree with the "go farm some mats" but you have to realize this is not happening for the mass (understand, the very large majority of players who don't even know there are forums, log once a week to clear content and just won't farm anything consistently for several hours, days and weeks), especially when the entire player base already know that even if they farm every material 24/7 it will take MINIMUM 3 months, and by that time we prefer to not think of what would happen.

TLDR : You can't have a scaling that effectively GATES the content for minimum 3x longer than the intended duration and expect most of the player base to buy it blindly and commit to farming mats.

Edited by Slicy

1 hour ago, Akuta said:

If you bothered to read the thread you're replying to, you would have realized that players are not complaining about it not being completed right now, but that it would take many months instead of weeks to complete it at the current numbers. Please don't chime in on a discussion if you don't understand it.

This event was the greatest in WoW because of the race between launch servers to see who could complete the war effort first and be the FIRST IN THE WORLD TO EXPERIENCE AQ. The fact is there's no race against other servers to hype this up, and private server demographics are WAY different from retail demographics, especially since you guys released not one, BUT TWO fresh servers very recently.

This has lead to there being very low amounts of people leveling their first character on Anathema, and those are the ONLY people that farming low level war effort materials makes sense. You then couple that with all the advanced knowledge that the level 60 playerbase has on the value of firebloom, and the crazy values that all raiding consumables have at that moment and you have a perfect storm of the serious level 60 playerbase not giving a flying fuck about peacebloom, firebloom, and other non efficient war effort turn ins, because they are busy trying to figure out how the hell they will afford raiding consumables (that may or may not make a difference, but a large amount of level 60s are min maxers) come AQ.

Right now raiding herbs cost a bloody fortune, and elemental earth cost a fortune as well. The herbs especially are a nightmare to farm, since dynamic respawn appears to only effect Black Lotus at this time. I’ve never experienced a more challenging environment to farm herbs, and this is coming from a guy that has herbed extensively in retail wow, Kronos, Nost, and now Anathema. I’m even NA which has less population than EU, I can’t imagine how frustrated EU herbers must be.

So this combination of factors leads most players to farming for themselves since it’s so expensive to raid with consumables at the moment, and doesn’t leave much time at all to farm for the AQ war effort that has such huge #'s that you can't really impact it yourself.

3 hours ago, Lorilay said:

If you bothered to read the thread you're replying to, you would have realized that players are not complaining about it not being completed right now, but that it would take many months instead of weeks to complete it at the current numbers. Please don't chime in on a discussion if you don't understand it.

is no one reading between the lines here? they put the numbers in place based off whatever data they'd collected, and to purposely safeguard the event from being sped through. they want it to take 3-4 weeks, so wait 3-4 weeks for them to come back and let us know they're making changes because the content is still unreachable at the current pace. if in a month we're still moving at a snails pace with no clear end in sight, and they still refuse to intervene THEN start complaining. until then just turn some shit in or log off

Edited by kastle

25 minutes ago, kastle said:

is no one reading between the lines here? they put the numbers in place based off whatever data they'd collected, and to purposely safeguard the event from being sped through. they want it to take 3-4 weeks, so wait 3-4 weeks for them to come back and let us know they're making changes because the content is still unreachable at the current pace. if in a month we're still moving at a snails pace with no clear end in sight, and they still refuse to intervene THEN start complaining. until then just turn some shit on or log off

Hey two of us get it at least. Yay.

But I guess forum drama is fun.

9 months ago, we all thought our chars were lost. I am just thankful and happy that they reopened. Calm down and turn in mats. Compile the core if you want to enter AQ immediately. Listen to the AQ soundtrack and relax.

Edited by Mahtan

kek. The key here is a refusal to auto-complete. In retail, auto-complete guaranteed a war effort of less that 2 months. 3.33% per day less whatever mats were handed in. This gave players a month to farm and manipulate the AH, turn in their hand-ins and feel they are part of a community working together. Further, when the auto-complete started until finish they could still manipulate based on the closing figures.

This isn't retail, so changes are necessary and commendable because people have the benefit of hindsight.

People see this as an opportunity to make money, while the elite few think about how they maximimise their chances for the mount. 

The problem as I see it is that by setting the bar deliberately high the staff have removed the community element of working to an achieved goal as the goal is impossible. They have also allowed themselves carte blanche to manipulate the war effort themselves, not the players. This, at a time when pretty much everyone knows by reddit, discord, the forums here and just in general guild and player chat, that the staff and project are at best, a slight grubby and dirty version of what they thought it was going to be.

The AQ war effort and event is the single biggest event in Warcraft regardless of expansion. An opportunity is here to manage it correctly and take the soiled clothes out for a wash. Agreeing to an auto-complete, even at the 45 days mark is a commitment to stop manipulating the project. Anything less can only be seen as serious question marks on the devs to provide the players with an average AQ40 challenge. The only other reason is if they're waiting for TRB core to be released open source.