Jump to content
Plask

Buff Thunderfury (the not so legendary weapon)

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Walgrave said:

WTB Forum moderation. Paying 100g. 

They made this thread full retard. I'll donate 2k euro for a forum ban on duki+theloras duo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Plask said:

They made this thread full retard. I'll donate 2k euro for a forum ban on duki+theloras duo.

nah you guys did with your incessant QQing about non-blizzlike progression on a blizzlike progression server

go back to Feenix where you belong - say hi to athairne for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any forum moderation at all on these forums? @Pottu where is the community team? 

I've already argued why Paladin itemization dependent on Paladin spells/talents and content available items is not a comparable scenario. 1.12 case also argued. Both in every single page it seems. Yet, theloras rehashing points that have been invalidated and keeps repeating them as if they are new once again is not moderated. 

Derailments such as these cause constructive members of the forums to not actually participate in forum activity for the betterment of the server and its community, because moderation is lacking. Clearly in this case.

This is why you'll have members like theloras actually being more active than others on these forums, lowering the standards of this forum community because they are allowed to reign free without any discouragement. 

Edited by Walgrave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2017 at 2:11 AM, Plask said:

-snip
Current state of TF would make sense if the itemization patches were consistent, but we have for example buffed PvP gear that didn't come until later patches as it would remove the incentive for PvPing otherwise.

-snip

Wrongly buffed ( yea you heard it right ) pvp items and TF are completely different cases. People ranked to get the buffed versions of those items. Getting them is not based on luck, just plain massive amount of time. While TF is just based on luck. Its an item you can get in a week, or several years. As I said, just pure luck. And its not the only reward of raiding. ex. You don't stop raiding after getting TF.

Don't take this comment as a negative or positive attitude towards TF's current state but comparing PVP gear and TF is idiotic. GL with your crusade

Edited by Arts
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Arts said:

Wrongly buffed ( yea you heard it right ) pvp items and TF are completely different cases. People ranked to get the buffed versions of those items. Getting them is not based on luck, just plain massive amount of time. While TF is just based on luck. Its an item you can get in a week, or several years. As I said, just pure luck. And its not the only reward of raiding. ex. You don't stop raiding after getting TF.

Don't take this comment as a negative or positive attitude towards TF's current state but comparing PVP gear and TF is idiotic. GL with your crusade

Good point. Actually though, Thunderfury being MH now compared to 1H as decided by the previous team is exactly the same comparison as the PvP sets. Guilds (even pugs) have given bindings to Rogues/Fury Warriors for months on old Nost due to this decision to not change the item (to MH) because the community already committed to the 1H version. Much like PvP sets, you ranked only because those items were viable items as decided by old Nost and Elysium team. TF is also DPS viable as 1H.

These are edge cases for difficult to attain items in the game so it is very hard to compare it to anything else. However in this case I believe PvP sets being buffed and TF being suddenly changed to 1H is a similar argument, both being incentives for rankers/DPSers to get TF by the community before any changes were made.

Proc rate is a different argument and not comparable to the PvP sets, that ofc I agree.

Edited by Walgrave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Theloras said:

I lost spell dmg scaling on all of these:

- Force Reactive Disk

- Lifestealing Enchant

- Venomhide Poison

- Fiery Plate Gauntlets

- Storm Gauntlets

- Fiery Retributer

- Blazefury Medallion

And I wasn't able to use my TIER gear for over a year since it only had +healing on it.

Did I cry on the forums?

 

Yes. You're lowkey crying in every post. You've mentioned these items like 15 times now?

*tears rolling down cheeks* I'm not crying!

We believe you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Walgrave said:

Thunderfury being MH now compared to 1H as decided by the previous team (source please) is exactly the same comparison as the PvP sets. Guilds (even pugs) have given bindings to Rogues/Fury Warriors for months on old Nost due to this decision to not change the item (to MH) because the community already committed to the 1H version. Much like PvP sets, you ranked only because those items were viable items as decided by old Nost and Elysium team. TF is also DPS viable as 1H.

These are edge cases for difficult to attain items in the game so it is very hard to compare it to anything else. However in this case I believe PvP sets being buffed and TF being suddenly changed to 1H is a similar argument, both being incentives for rankers/DPSers to get TF by the community before any changes were made.

I've never seen any post saying "old nost crew" decided to keep the thunderfury in its 1h state, quite the opposite, only a confirmed bug report saying it should be a MH only weapon till post naxx patch (1.12).

The PVP sets to my understanding were buffed due to an epic amount of crying (no other word for it) on forums by pvpers saying pvp is not worth it (and it wasnt for most that were not going for R14 melee weapons), and sets were then BUFFED (they were not originally in naxx patch stats state on nost) to increase the "fun" of ranking.

On a separate note i know of atleast 3 people that liquidated their arcanite bars on old nost seeing the above mentioned bug report being confirmed on bug tracker by the old nost team...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Knife said:

I've never seen any post saying "old nost crew" decided to keep the thunderfury in its 1h state, quite the opposite, only a confirmed bug report saying it should be a MH only weapon till post naxx patch (1.12).

The PVP sets to my understanding were buffed due to an epic amount of crying (no other word for it) on forums by pvpers saying pvp is not worth it (and it wasnt for most that were not going for R14 melee weapons), and sets were then BUFFED (they were not originally in naxx patch stats state on nost) to increase the "fun" of ranking.

On a separate note i know of atleast 3 people that liquidated their arcanite bars on old nost seeing the above mentioned bug report being confirmed on bug tracker by the old nost team...

Old nost team buffed Thunderfury from 15% to 25%. I had it pre- and post nerf.

Edited by Plask

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Friendz said:

Yes. You're lowkey crying in every post. You've mentioned these items like 15 times now?

*tears rolling down cheeks* I'm not crying!

We believe you!

yea to refute the argument that TF needs special treatment since it's "ZOMG orange legendary status"

You guys should form a new guild and call < Special Snowflake Patrol > since you want special treatment from Elysium and not have to deal with both the buffs and inevitable nerfs that come from Blizzlike progression timelines.

If TF gets a pass then it opens the floodgates for custom fixes/buffs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Walgrave said:

Is there any forum moderation at all on these forums? @Pottu where is the community team? 

I've already argued why Paladin itemization dependent on Paladin spells/talents and content available items is not a comparable scenario. 1.12 case also argued. Both in every single page it seems. Yet, theloras rehashing points that have been invalidated and keeps repeating them as if they are new once again is not moderated. 

Derailments such as these cause constructive members of the forums to not actually participate in forum activity for the betterment of the server and its community, because moderation is lacking. Clearly in this case.

This is why you'll have members like theloras actually being more active than others on these forums, lowering the standards of this forum community because they are allowed to reign free without any discouragement. 

Everything that I have said in this thread has been on point and on topic.

You're the one who can't handle the truth that your argument is fundamentally flawed given the fact that Nost and Elysium are trying to follow as closely to Vanilla Blizzlike itemization/progression.

You don't get special treatment or a pass just cause you have an orange sword.

#TheTruthHurts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Theloras said:

Everything that I have said in this thread has been on point and on topic.

You're the one who can't handle the truth that your argument is fundamentally flawed given the fact that Nost and Elysium are trying to follow as closely to Vanilla Blizzlike itemization/progression.

You don't get special treatment or a pass just cause you have an orange sword.

#TheTruthHurts

Does anyone know if you get muted when you have enough negative reputation, so we can have this thread back? @Shenna @Pottu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Plask said:

Does anyone know if you get muted when you have enough negative reputation, so we can have this thread back? @Shenna @Pottu

cuz you and your fanboys don't like the truth - or would you rather come after my wife again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Theloras said:

cuz you and your fanboys don't like the truth - or would you rather come after my wife again?

Is she hot?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×